Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Foundations, growth, and doubt

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
N

Not_Now.Soon

Hi guys. So my question is about our foundations, our doubts and overall our growth. In our live, and in our spiritual outlook, there's a lot of things to keep us steady, a foundation in a sence. And that's good. There's also doubts that challenge our foundations and our thoughts, and even break away from some of them. Which can be healthy and help us grow stronger in our perspectives, or they can break us away from those perspectives. Depending on the perspective it could be healthy to break away from it, or it could be turning away from something that is good.

So my question is, what are some doubts you've faced that in your opinion has helped you, and what are some foundations in your live that have held you strong, or helped you hold your faith?

Doubt does not help you, and is not related to faith.

You should also take the time to sign up, then ask questions.

Mike

Doubt does not help you, and is not related to faith.

You should also take the time to sign up, then ask questions.

Mike

Sorry Mike, I was just seeing if I could try out this forum before joining. But there's no reason to not join, so sorry for being skiddish.

I once had a pastor who made the point to consider that doubt actually helps us ask questions, and through those questions, or through that doubt challenging our faith, our understanding grows and our strength in our faith grows from facing those challenges.

I don't think he's wrong, and often enough our ideas on the world and about God are wrong, and need to be challenged to break away from them. But that that said, I think more often we need a foundation to hold us strong, give us strength and help us preserver through hard moments in life. I included both for that reason.

..... Do you have anything that has kept you strong in belief, or kept you strong through hard times?

Sorry Mike, I was just seeing if I could try out this forum before joining. But there's no reason to not join, so sorry for being skiddish.

I once had a pastor who made the point to consider that doubt actually helps us ask questions, and through those questions, or through that doubt challenging our faith, our understanding grows and our strength in our faith grows from facing those challenges.

I don't think he's wrong, and often enough our ideas on the world and about God are wrong, and need to be challenged to break away from them. But that that said, I think more often we need a foundation to hold us strong, give us strength and help us preserver through hard moments in life. I included both for that reason.

..... Do you have anything that has kept you strong in belief, or kept you strong through hard times?

I grow through doubt. The only reason i have grown in faith is through doubt and questioning everything.

I would rather lack knowledge and gain wisdom than having a closed mind and think i know something i really know nothing about and become a fool because its written in a book or someone told me.

Ok. For the sakes of examples, I'll give a few. Not saying Superman, and the Flash aren't examples of faith or doubt. They are, and probabley good ones. I'm just not sure how to relate them to our spiritual growths, or to faith, of to a stumbling block.

A foundation to my faith in God is prayer. And a foundation in my faith is being alive. A few doubts was when I first became Christian, trying to figuring out all the differing perspectives that seemed to be part of Christanity. Many of which conflicted with eachother and had to try and understand which was tight, or how they could both be right and not condrict. For instance, how are we saved? Through believing in God? Acting on the Teachings? Turning away from sin? Each one of those thoughts had more perspectives that could follow. Such as if turning away from sin is what saved us, and we are able to do this by Jesus dying on the cross, then sinning again, according to one perspective meant turning away from Jesus's sacrifice and losing the chance forever. Belief in God had another one; give your sins to God, give your life to God, and let Him control your life. The idea of giving your life to God was hard and filled with pressure, because I didn't know how, or know what would be God decision on any aspect or decision in my life that I struggled with. There are many more perspectives too, but the point is that the worry and doubt shaped my first few steps in Christianity with uncertainty. But eventually they were things I had to try and find answers to that I could live with, and hope on, instead of trying to turn from one to another and failing both.

I'm really glad I had a foundation to know God was real, or the doubt may have shaken me much harder. But through both I may have grown in my faith and my perspectives of understanding.

So we must thank Jesus. We are redemed only by HIS faith and not our own. What worth does my faith have?.

Your faith is your strength. There are other ways to being strong too. A good community that aids in fellowship and understanding keep you strong too. Having a good example to live by to show how to live as a Christian helps, as does a good, understandings. But faith hope and love keep us embrace us encourage us. They strengthen us. Your faith has a lot of value. Bit your right your salvation is on Jesus not you. :)

So we must thank Jesus. We are redemed only by HIS faith and not our own. What worth does my faith have?.

Your going to have to explain that a bit more. What you believe is important.

Ok. For the sakes of examples, I'll give a few. Not saying Superman, and the Flash aren't examples of faith or doubt. They are, and probabley good ones. I'm just not sure how to relate them to our spiritual growths, or to faith, of to a stumbling block.

A foundation to my faith in God is prayer. And a foundation in my faith is being alive. A few doubts was when I first became Christian, trying to figuring out all the differing perspectives that seemed to be part of Christanity. Many of which conflicted with eachother and had to try and understand which was tight, or how they could both be right and not condrict. For instance, how are we saved? Through believing in God? Acting on the Teachings? Turning away from sin? Each one of those thoughts had more perspectives that could follow. Such as if turning away from sin is what saved us, and we are able to do this by Jesus dying on the cross, then sinning again, according to one perspective meant turning away from Jesus's sacrifice and losing the chance forever. Belief in God had another one; give your sins to God, give your life to God, and let Him control your life. The idea of giving your life to God was hard and filled with pressure, because I didn't know how, or know what would be God decision on any aspect or decision in my life that I struggled with. There are many more perspectives too, but the point is that the worry and doubt shaped my first few steps in Christianity with uncertainty. But eventually they were things I had to try and find answers to that I could live with, and hope on, instead of trying to turn from one to another and failing both.

I'm really glad I had a foundation to know God was real, or the doubt may have shaken me much harder. But through both I may have grown in my faith and my perspectives of understanding.

Well, who knows how to give their life to God when you accept Jesus.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
(2Co 5:17)

Since all things become new, when someone accepts Jesus, and that means every single aspect of your life, then every perspective you had before was wrong, and out of line with scriptures.. It stands to reason a person would have lots of questions, or should have lots of questions as a new believer.

If a new creature in Christ does not have all these questions about serving God, and how to stay saved, how to pray, how to believe God, then one would have to wonder if they actually gave their life over to Jesus.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Since all things become new, when someone accepts Jesus, and that means every single aspect of your life, then every perspective you had before was wrong, and out of line with scriptures.. It stands to reason a person would have lots of questions, or should have lots of questions as a new believer.

If a new creature in Christ does not have all these questions about serving God, and how to stay saved, how to pray, how to believe God, then one would have to wonder if they actually gave their life over to Jesus.

I suppose that's fair Mike. I'll have to consider that a bit more, but it sounds like that's posibly very true. So thanks. On that note though. I know you don't see any doubts as having helped you in your journey in faith, but I'm sure you have thinks that have been a foundation in your faith. Originally I kind of hoped this post could test the waters for this website, but, I also kind of hoped some thoughts or stories to encourage us, or to help us grow in understanding. If you feel inclined, I'd be very intreasted in the aspects of your faith that you've built more of your faith on, your understanding on, or that kept you strong when you needed it. Your call though. Sorry for the pressure.

I suppose that's fair Mike. I'll have to consider that a bit more, but it sounds like that's posibly very true. So thanks. On that note though. I know you don't see any doubts as having helped you in your journey in faith, but I'm sure you have thinks that have been a foundation in your faith. Originally I kind of hoped this post could test the waters for this website, but, I also kind of hoped some thoughts or stories to encourage us, or to help us grow in understanding. If you feel inclined, I'd be very intreasted in the aspects of your faith that you've built more of your faith on, your understanding on, or that kept you strong when you needed it. Your call though. Sorry for the pressure.

Your going to have to define doubt in the way your using it. Jesus for example not being happy with Peter for sinking on the water said to him, "Wherefore did you doubt"

Laying hand on the sick, and not being sure if they will be healed or not is the type of doubt that is not going to help at all. The only thing to learn from that is to stop doubting.

Now if Doubt is a type of question, like which way should I go God, then that is not the same as knowing what the Word said, and thinking it might not be true, or God just might not enforce what He already said in your life.

If your interested in faith, then scripture says the righteousness of God is revealed from Faith to Faith. God's perfect righteousness in His never ending ability to perform what He said. You might start by asking something you see in the Word, then you notice it comes to pass, as God always Confirms his Word. So, you ask a little bigger next time.

My first faith adventure was when I was not saved. I was facing up to 90 years in prison. So, I figured God would be the only one to help me get out of it, and they charged me wrongly, but I never would talk with detectives, and remained silent. I was not 100% innocent, but not with the 3 charges they charged me.
---------------------
My journey started by grabbing some beer, and reading the bible every day. I started in Matthew, and just read. I came across the parable of the unjust Judge in Luke, and how the Judge made things fair even though He did not regard God or man, and How Jesus said God shall deliver them, though He put up with them crying day and night.

Well, I was trying to please God by reading scriptures, and I did not know about accepting Jesus part, I thought since I went to church as a kid, that was already taken care of. I was pretty clueless about everything. However, out on 80,000 dollar bail, I read that passage in Luke every night for 7 months of continuances. I would just read it over, and over, and over, not even understanding faith comes by hearing the Word (Rom 10:17) The Word was building up in me, God would make it fair, it would be fixed.

My public defender worked out a plea deal for no longer than 20 years, or so. i asked him to read the new charges and they were still wrong. Now, because of what I been reading in Luke the last few months, I told him no deal. He thought I was crazy, but it just seemed strong in me to turn it down.

A couple more months, another deal came up. This time it was the deal of a lifetime. No more than 15 years, most likely less. Still the charges were not 100% right, one was still wrong, a class X felony which is as High as you go in IL. I for some reason turned it down. My Attorney warned that might be my last chance, and I am looking at life in prison.

I kept meditating on Luke....... God will make it right, the unjust Judge made it right, Jesus said God will deliver them. It just got stronger in me. The day before Trial, my attorney called again, he was happy. He said no more than 8 years tops. The deal of a lifetime. No class x felony's but one charge was wrong. I almost took it, but said NO. My Attorney advised me that I just may spend the rest of my life in prison.

The day of Trail, I got dressed, and walked out the door. I heard the phone ring again, and went back inside to answer. It was my attorney, he said. Guess what I did. I got you no more than 4 years, and I asked for the new charges to be read to me, they were correct.
I took the deal, and did 21 months.

It was at that time, I understood that if God said it in His Word, and if we will act and believe it, nothing doubting, then nothing on Earth can stop the Word of God.

I have tons of faith stories, and I am the guy that will lay hands on the sick, and fully expect them to be well, because the name of Jesus is above all names, and His command to lay hands on the sick so they recover (Mark 16) Can not be changed. It all started back, when I just believed what I read in a passage of scriptures, not knowing anything, not even Knowing God heard me. Looking back though, I acted on what I read, and did not move believing. I did not know what it was called back then, but it's called faith.

Mike.

Your going to have to explain that a bit more. What you believe is important.

I mean we are saved only thanks to Christs faith. It was his faith that redemed all. My faith is only mustard seed sometimes, other times is watermelon. Lol.

I mean we need faith in Christ of course but it was ultimately his faith in his Father that we are saved. We are saved only thanks to his faith. I fail sometimes he never failed. I stumble and sinned. He never stumbled and sinned.

He was perfect through faith and went to the cross with full faith his Father would raise him up.

Last edited:
I mean we are saved only thanks to Christs faith. It was his faith that redemed all. My faith is only mustard seed sometimes, other times is watermelon. Lol.

I mean we need faith in Christ of course but it was ultimately his faith in his Father that we are saved. We are saved only thanks to his faith. I fail sometimes he never failed. I stumble and sinned. He never stumbled and sinned.

He was perfect through faith and went to the cross with full faith his Father would raise him up.

Well, not questioning the relationship with Jesus and the Father, and Not the Faith Jesus had, as it's amazing. If someone does not believe in what He did though, where does that put him at concerning eternal life?

Your going to have to define doubt in the way your using it. Jesus for example not being happy with Peter for sinking on the water said to him, "Wherefore did you doubt"

Laying hand on the sick, and not being sure if they will be healed or not is the type of doubt that is not going to help at all. The only thing to learn from that is to stop doubting.

Now if Doubt is a type of question, like which way should I go God, then that is not the same as knowing what the Word said, and thinking it might not be true, or God just might not enforce what He already said in your life.

If your interested in faith, then scripture says the righteousness of God is revealed from Faith to Faith. God's perfect righteousness in His never ending ability to perform what He said. You might start by asking something you see in the Word, then you notice it comes to pass, as God always Confirms his Word. So, you ask a little bigger next time.

My first faith adventure was when I was not saved. I was facing up to 90 years in prison. So, I figured God would be the only one to help me get out of it, and they charged me wrongly, but I never would talk with detectives, and remained silent. I was not 100% innocent, but not with the 3 charges they charged me.
---------------------
My journey started by grabbing some beer, and reading the bible every day. I started in Matthew, and just read. I came across the parable of the unjust Judge in Luke, and how the Judge made things fair even though He did not regard God or man, and How Jesus said God shall deliver them, though He put up with them crying day and night.

Well, I was trying to please God by reading scriptures, and I did not know about accepting Jesus part, I thought since I went to church as a kid, that was already taken care of. I was pretty clueless about everything. However, out on 80,000 dollar bail, I read that passage in Luke every night for 7 months of continuances. I would just read it over, and over, and over, not even understanding faith comes by hearing the Word (Rom 10:17) The Word was building up in me, God would make it fair, it would be fixed.

My public defender worked out a plea deal for no longer than 20 years, or so. i asked him to read the new charges and they were still wrong. Now, because of what I been reading in Luke the last few months, I told him no deal. He thought I was crazy, but it just seemed strong in me to turn it down.

A couple more months, another deal came up. This time it was the deal of a lifetime. No more than 15 years, most likely less. Still the charges were not 100% right, one was still wrong, a class X felony which is as High as you go in IL. I for some reason turned it down. My Attorney warned that might be my last chance, and I am looking at life in prison.

I kept meditating on Luke....... God will make it right, the unjust Judge made it right, Jesus said God will deliver them. It just got stronger in me. The day before Trial, my attorney called again, he was happy. He said no more than 8 years tops. The deal of a lifetime. No class x felony's but one charge was wrong. I almost took it, but said NO. My Attorney advised me that I just may spend the rest of my life in prison.

The day of Trail, I got dressed, and walked out the door. I heard the phone ring again, and went back inside to answer. It was my attorney, he said. Guess what I did. I got you no more than 4 years, and I asked for the new charges to be read to me, they were correct.
I took the deal, and did 21 months.

It was at that time, I understood that if God said it in His Word, and if we will act and believe it, nothing doubting, then nothing on Earth can stop the Word of God.

I have tons of faith stories, and I am the guy that will lay hands on the sick, and fully expect them to be well, because the name of Jesus is above all names, and His command to lay hands on the sick so they recover (Mark 16) Can not be changed. It all started back, when I just believed what I read in a passage of scriptures, not knowing anything, not even Knowing God heard me. Looking back though, I acted on what I read, and did not move believing. I did not know what it was called back then, but it's called faith.

Mike.
God is greater then our doubt. After Jesus rebuked Peter's doubt, they still walked back to the boat. And one other time a man asked for Jesus to heal his son who was possessed by a demon. The man said if you can do anything have pity on us. Jesus replied that "If I can? All things are possible for those who believe." The man replied that he believes, and asked Jesus to help him with his unbelief.

God can prove our doubt wrong just as he did by showing Jesus to Thomas who doubted the other disciple's account by even letting Thomas feel the holes in Jesus' hands and his side. But sometimes our doubts are justified. Out of experience with family being taken advantage of, I have some skepticism to those who say they can heal, speak on God's behalf, or promise on their authority of being Christian and therefore trustworthy. These doubts have grown from family history, and from stories of people being taken advantage from. I do believe God can heal, and I also believe God talks to people today, but I am hesitant to say I believe or trust them to be right or wrong before I see otherwise.

There is also doubt in some of my understanding. Not just acknowledging that I don't understand one thing or another, but also sometimes the things said plain as day. I have doubt, and hope God will correct my doubt, my understanding and not leave me because of it. I trust God, and know He is trustworthy, but I also have my experiences and the understanding I've grasped as good. It is sometimes a hard battle to let the words of the bible be my better guide, when The understanding and experiences of my life give question to some of those words.

Last edited by a moderator:
God is greater then our doubt. After Jesus rebuked Peter's doubt, they still walked back to the boat. And one other time a man asked for Jesus to heal his son who was possessed by a demon. The man said if you can do anything have pity on us. Jesus replied that "If I can? All things are possible for those who believe." The man replied that he believes, and asked Jesus to help him with his unbelief.

God can prove our doubt wrong just as he did by showing Jesus to Thomas who doubted the other disciple's account by even letting Thomas feel the holes in Jesus' hands and his side. But sometimes our doubts are justified. Out of experience with family being taken advantage of, I have some skepticism to those who say they can heal, speak on God's behalf, or promise on their authority of being Christian and therefore trustworthy. These doubts have grown from family history, and from stories of people being taken advantage from. I do believe God can heal, and I also believe God talks to people today, but I am hesitant to say I believe or trust them to be right or wrong before I see otherwise.

I'll show you how I had help removing my doubts. I keep the principle that God's Word is truth. I also don't consider other people's "Bad" Experiences. I am sorry to hear you family had been taken advantage of.

Healing understanding example:
You say you have skepticism to those who say they can heal, let's use this for example. You are in the same boat, millions of other believers are in. I am not in that boat, and I suggest you get out of that boat, because you don't have to stay there.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
(Mar 16:16)

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
(Mar 16:17-18)

Read the scriptures please.

You say you have skepticism to those who say they can heal, but let's examine that statement according to the Written Word.

1) Do you believe in Jesus, and have you ever been baptized?
2) Do you believe in the name of Jesus, the Name above all Names?

Now if you qualify for step 1 and 2, you qualify for step 3.

3) Do you believe signs will follow you in Jesus name to lay hands on the sick so they recover?

So, if you say you have skepticism about those that say they can heal the sick, then according to scriptures your really saying you personally have skepticism in yourself, despite the fact you qualify to Lay hands on the sick, and know they will recover. You know they will recover, because Jesus said they would recover. Real simple stuff.

Any doubt about this, means you don't believe what Jesus said about YOU.

You can't believe step 1 and 2, and skip step 3. That don't even make sense, but Millions do. So, your really going to have to decide if you want to be in that same boat with everyone else, or you going to step out of the boat, onto the Water, and be willing to fail and be corrected. The disciples were corrected a whole lot, and Peter was a handful. Look where they ended up though, even Peter's shadow touching someone was enough to get them Healed. The same Peter who denied knowing Jesus, matured into a awesome weapon for God. Peter was willing to get out of the boat though, and get on the water.

So, if you take the attitude I did about the Word of God, then you never deal with doubt, because you know it's true. That don't mean you will experience it right away, but when I saw what Jesus said about laying hands on the sick, it made me wonder for a long while. Can I really do that? It must be true, Jesus said it was true.
Should I try it? Will it work? See, those doubts still were there, but I also been told God does not always heal, and Miracles have passed away, so I was dealing with what other people had told me, despite what Jesus said.

Then it occurred to me all those people were not doing what Jesus said anyway, How the heck they know?

So, I wrote down that scripture, and every day during my prayer time I would hold my hands up, and say these hands are commissioned by Jesus to heal the sick, If I lay hands on someone, they always recover, as Jesus never lied. I believe in the name of Jesus, I am saved, born again, and have the Name above all names. I meditated on this, for about a year.

One day in a prayer circle, a new guy joined us. While someone was praying the Lord spoke to me, "Walk over and tell his neck and back to be healed."

What if nothing is wrong with his back or neck?
What if there is, and I look stupid if He don't get healed?

We all have to deal with these doubts, but doubts are not good, as the pull the opposite of the blessing of the Lord.
What if.
What if.
What if.
However, I had been meditating on Mark 16 for awhile, and those thoughts just flew by and left. I asked the group If I could interrupt for a moment, they said yes, and I walked over to this guy and said, "Neck and back, be healed and made right in the name of Jesus."

Healed instantly, that easy. It scared the guy, His first time in prayer, and he was not even saved yet. It took him a month to come back and join us, He thought I was some seer or something. He did give his testimony and life to Jesus though.

Now, there is more to healing than that, but just believing the basic as being true, no doubting, then the next step is to walk in it.

Or, stay in the boat with the rest of the believers, no power, and very limited in How God can use you.

Blessings, thank you for responding.

Mike.

I'll show you how I had help removing my doubts. I keep the principle that God's Word is truth. I also don't consider other people's "Bad" Experiences. I am sorry to hear you family had been taken advantage of.

Healing understanding example:
You say you have skepticism to those who say they can heal, let's use this for example. You are in the same boat, millions of other believers are in. I am not in that boat, and I suggest you get out of that boat, because you don't have to stay there.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
(Mar 16:16)

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
(Mar 16:17-18)

Read the scriptures please.

You say you have skepticism to those who say they can heal, but let's examine that statement according to the Written Word.

1) Do you believe in Jesus, and have you ever been baptized?
2) Do you believe in the name of Jesus, the Name above all Names?

Now if you qualify for step 1 and 2, you qualify for step 3.

3) Do you believe signs will follow you in Jesus name to lay hands on the sick so they recover?

So, if you say you have skepticism about those that say they can heal the sick, then according to scriptures your really saying you personally have skepticism in yourself, despite the fact you qualify to Lay hands on the sick, and know they will recover. You know they will recover, because Jesus said they would recover. Real simple stuff.

Any doubt about this, means you don't believe what Jesus said about YOU.

You can't believe step 1 and 2, and skip step 3. That don't even make sense, but Millions do. So, your really going to have to decide if you want to be in that same boat with everyone else, or you going to step out of the boat, onto the Water, and be willing to fail and be corrected. The disciples were corrected a whole lot, and Peter was a handful. Look where they ended up though, even Peter's shadow touching someone was enough to get them Healed. The same Peter who denied knowing Jesus, matured into a awesome weapon for God. Peter was willing to get out of the boat though, and get on the water.

So, if you take the attitude I did about the Word of God, then you never deal with doubt, because you know it's true. That don't mean you will experience it right away, but when I saw what Jesus said about laying hands on the sick, it made me wonder for a long while. Can I really do that? It must be true, Jesus said it was true.
Should I try it? Will it work? See, those doubts still were there, but I also been told God does not always heal, and Miracles have passed away, so I was dealing with what other people had told me, despite what Jesus said.

Then it occurred to me all those people were not doing what Jesus said anyway, How the heck they know?

So, I wrote down that scripture, and every day during my prayer time I would hold my hands up, and say these hands are commissioned by Jesus to heal the sick, If I lay hands on someone, they always recover, as Jesus never lied. I believe in the name of Jesus, I am saved, born again, and have the Name above all names. I meditated on this, for about a year.

One day in a prayer circle, a new guy joined us. While someone was praying the Lord spoke to me, "Walk over and tell his neck and back to be healed."

What if nothing is wrong with his back or neck?
What if there is, and I look stupid if He don't get healed?

We all have to deal with these doubts, but doubts are not good, as the pull the opposite of the blessing of the Lord.
What if.
What if.
What if.
However, I had been meditating on Mark 16 for awhile, and those thoughts just flew by and left. I asked the group If I could interrupt for a moment, they said yes, and I walked over to this guy and said, "Neck and back, be healed and made right in the name of Jesus."

Healed instantly, that easy. It scared the guy, His first time in prayer, and he was not even saved yet. It took him a month to come back and join us, He thought I was some seer or something. He did give his testimony and life to Jesus though.

Now, there is more to healing than that, but just believing the basic as being true, no doubting, then the next step is to walk in it.

Or, stay in the boat with the rest of the believers, no power, and very limited in How God can use you.

Blessings, thank you for responding.

Mike.

That is very inspiring Mike. Thank you for that. I do believe in healing, and I believe in answered prayers, and in miracles. Maybe someday I will also be confidant that I can do them, and that God authorizes me to do so. I know from experience God listens to and responds to prayers. And I try to encourage myself to pray more often for anything, everything, as often as I know how. Not there yet but hopefully someday.

That is very inspiring Mike. Thank you for that. I do believe in healing, and I believe in answered prayers, and in miracles. Maybe someday I will also be confidant that I can do them, and that God authorizes me to do so. I know from experience God listens to and responds to prayers. And I try to encourage myself to pray more often for anything, everything, as often as I know how. Not there yet but hopefully someday.

Awesome, just keep in mind, God always has some exciting and new things for us if we will just step out. We don't want to be with the Group that hangs around and says God don't always heal people, there are no tongues today, sometimes God wants you broke. We don't want to hang with that crowd, they are not helping a whole lot of folks with the power that is already ours.

Blessings.

Mike.

Hi guys. So my question is about our foundations, our doubts and overall our growth. In our live, and in our spiritual outlook, there's a lot of things to keep us steady, a foundation in a sence. And that's good. There's also doubts that challenge our foundations and our thoughts, and even break away from some of them. Which can be healthy and help us grow stronger in our perspectives, or they can break us away from those perspectives. Depending on the perspective it could be healthy to break away from it, or it could be turning away from something that is good.

So my question is, what are some doubts you've faced that in your opinion has helped you, and what are some foundations in your live that have held you strong, or helped you hold your faith?
Hello and welcome in Jesus name.

When I think of doubt, I always seem to think of "Doubting" Thomas. Until Thomas saw and felt the holes upon our Lord's hands, he doubted. Doubt was a catalyst, in which led to the building of Thomas' faith. Think how many times as the disciples walked with Jesus and questioned what they saw or heard. Without full understanding, they doubted. Jesus explained, faith was increased. Still, as we saw with Peter that until they were filled with the Comforter, their faith would not be made whole. So I believe doubt is a catalyst, either driving those towards Christ or away towards despair. I like how you said prayer is your anchor, as prayer and fasting will increase and solidfy our faith. Both of which I need to do alot more of.

Hello and welcome in Jesus name.

When I think of doubt, I always seem to think of "Doubting" Thomas. Until Thomas saw and felt the holes upon our Lord's hands, he doubted. Doubt was a catalyst, in which led to the building of Thomas' faith. Think how many times as the disciples walked with Jesus and questioned what they saw or heard. Without full understanding, they doubted. Jesus explained, faith was increased. Still, as we saw with Peter that until they were filled with the Comforter, their faith would not be made whole. So I believe doubt is a catalyst, either driving those towards Christ or away towards despair. I like how you said prayer is your anchor, as prayer and fasting will increase and solidfy our faith. Both of which I need to do alot more of.

Yeah, I think that was also a simular conclusion to what my pastor had thought. Some doubt will help you seek answers which will aid in strengthening one's resolve and trust. That said, I don't have any personal stories where this is the case. Where doubt has shed more answers and strengthened my faith. The few stories I have are where God reassured me, and those moments being my strength, my stabile reassurance in faith. What about you thoug Rob? Do you have some experiences that you'd be willing to share? Where a strong foundation became an anchor for you? Or where doubt helped you find answers, or correct you to a better path?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back