Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Fragrance of Christ

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Each child of God gets one of more gift from the Holy Spirit as He wills. Each individual member of body of Christ which is the Church has been given a gift to use it for the betterment of all the members. The gifts are not same but different. The ministries are also different. But the different ministries are proclaiming the same Lord Jesus.

The activities of the different ministries are done by the same God. The scripture says it

"For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:12)"

As the Scripture teach us that all the believers in Christ are the members of the body of Christ. Though there are various ministries that operate various gifts of the Holy Spirit through it's individual members, All the members together from the body of Christ; and Christ is the head of the body of Church.

When each believer is a member of the body of Christ, each member is in fellowship with Lord Jesus and God.

"But earnestly desire the best[a] gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way. (1 Corinthians 12:31)"

In 1 Corinthians chapter 13, the scripture says about the best gift of the Holy Spirit, that is love. The gift of love helps one to love God and love one another. The Scripture says about love that it never fails; while it says about other gifts that they cease.

"Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away (1 Corinthians 13:8-10)."

The Scripture again says

"
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
(1 Corinthians 13:13)."

The scripture also says about the qualities of love

"
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
(1 Corinthians 13:4-7)."

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him."

Love is sharing. God love the mankind and gave his Son as a propitiation for the mankind. Jesus loved us. He took birth on this earth, lived here as a human being and sacrificed His life for us. Lord Jesus loved God by obeying all His commandments.

We can see all the qualities of love, that the scripture says in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, in Lord Jesus Christ. Lord Jesus suffered, until a crucified death, to save the mankind. At anytime, when a sinner turns to Lord Jesus and confess the sin, He forgives and washes him or her with His sinless blood.

Lord Jesus left His glorious heaven and took birth here as a simple man to save us and share His wealth and glory in the kingdom of heaven.

How can one love God and the fellow-beings?

The Word of God says

"
Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 1415 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you (John 15:13-16)"

The scripture tells us that Lord Jesus Christ, Our Savior commanded us to love one another. The commandments of God, which are given to the mankind through the Word of God, asks man to love God by obeying all his commandments and love the fellow-beings by not doing any harm to anyone.

Through the new commandment of Lord Jesus, God asks each Christian to love the other christian in deed and truth by doing good to one another.

"Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. (1 John 5:1-3)"

The Spirit of truth commands the children of God to love one another by obeying the commandments of God. The scripture says that each and every one, who believes that Lord Jesus is the Christ, is born of God. The scripture also teaches that if a child of God loves God, then he or she should love the other children of God.

The scripture teaches us that one loves another when one obeys the commandments of God. At present we are living in a world, where even the born-again Christians do not give much importance to the commandment of Lord Jesus which commands the children of God to love one another.

The Scripture tells the Children of God:

"My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. (1 John 3:18)"

The scripture asks the born again Christians to love one another through helping and doing good to each other. That is what the early church did. The Holy Spirit of God has given great value to the love that is between born-again Christians.

The scripture says

"My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.(1 John 3:14)"

The scripture teaches us that a believer in Christ passes from death to life, when the one loves his or her brethren. I say a believer in Christ; because without Christ, if one does any deed of love, that cannot fetch the one salvation.

According to the scripture if one says he or she is a believer and at the same time shut his or her heart to the cry of a needy brother or sister, then one is in darkness and in death. Lord Jesus loved us by sacrificing His life for us. The Scripture says

"By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?(1 John 3:6-7)"

The scripture asks the children of God to love in deed by sharing what we have with the poor and needy brethren.

According to the scripture when a child of Gd loves the other child of God by doing the good which the other needs; then the one passes from death to life; because in such a person God abides

Loving one another is the manifestation of our faith in Lord Jesus Christ. Those who have the Spirit of Lord Jesus Christ in one only can do that. Lord Jesus said a parable about it

“There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell[a] from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 2223 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 “Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. (Luke 16:19-25)"

According to the above written Word of God, the rich man was blessed with wealth and comfort. But Lazarus had evil tings such as poverty, sickness and hunger. He was a beggar. He was at the gate of richman desiring to eat the food that fell down from the richman's table. Lazarus had faith in his Redeemer the Christ. He had in him the wheat, the Spirit and life of God.

Therefore, though he had evil things on the earth, he entered the Kingdom of heaven after his earth. But the rich man was a tare. He had no eternal life in him. He was blessed with wealth. His wealth was a talent or gift given to him to do business and become a profitable servant of God. He had been given wealth and good things to help the poor and the needy.

God sent Lazarus at his gate, bu the rich man shut his heart away from Lazarus. If he had loved him, he would have given things that Lazarus needed. Lazarus was homeless, begging, sick and hungry, because the rich man did not obey the commandment of God "Love one another". He did not love Lazarus in deed. As the Scripture says

"And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; 18like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
91 Peter 1:17-19)"

Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior took birth at the fullness of time. The Scripture says

"Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you!2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. 3 Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have heaped up treasure in the last days. 4 Indeed the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, cry out; and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth.[a] 5 You have lived on the earth in pleasure and luxury; you have fattened your hearts as[b] in a day of slaughter. 6 You have condemned, you have murdered the just; he does not resist you. (James 5:1-6)"

To Be Continued..........

csmary:

I also think that the Lord's Supper (Matthew 26, Mark 14, Luke 22, 1 Corinthians 11) is a great, God ordained occasion when Christians can enjoy the fragrance of Christ in worship.

The Scripture teaches us that wealth is not a sign of salvation. The Scripture says

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. (Matthew 6:19-20)"

But how to store the wealth in heaven? The Scripture says

“Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
(Luke 12:32-34)"

We have already learned that the Spirit of God lives in a born-again Christian. He or she has Christ inside. A person who has Christ inside is a new creation. Such a person is a child of God. Such a person puts his heart in the heavenly things. Such a person only can understand the truth of the Word of God.

We have no right to judge the poor or the sick or the destitute or even the mentally disabled believers. Are they bearing the curse of their parents? If you say "Yes", then the Scripture doesn't agree with you.

"In those days they shall say no more:

‘ The fathers have eaten sour grapes,
And the children’s teeth are set on edge.’
30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity; every man who eats the sour grapes, his teeth shall be set on edge. (Jeremiah 31:29-30)"

Again the Scripture says

“What do you mean when you use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying:

‘ The fathers have eaten sour grapes,
And the children’s teeth are set on edge’?

3 “As I live,†says the Lord GOD, “you shall no longer use this proverb in Israel.
4 “ Behold, all souls are Mine;
The soul of the father
As well as the soul of the son is Mine;
The soul who sins shall die. (Ezekiel 18:2-4)"

According to the above scriptures we learned that people who suffer poverty, sickness, hunger and various afflictions are not bearing the curse of their parents' sins.

Are such people under curse due to their sins? The Scripture doesn't say either poverty, sickness or any kind of affliction is sin. Lazarus in the parable who suffered such evil things did not lead him to eternal death. Neither sickness, nor poverty, nor suffering is sin, that can cause the death of a soul. Lord Jesus never called the people who suffer evil things 'cursed'. The Word of God says

“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy[a] angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ (Matthew 25:31-40)"

The Scripture teaches us that Lord Jesus Christ King of Kings lives in each child of God, who are his brethren. According to the Scriptures when a poor believer is fed, the Christ is fed, when a poor believer is clothed, the Christ is clothed. When a sick believer or a believer in prison is visited and served, the Christ is visited and served. Lord Jesus calls those believers, who do such loving service to the poor and the suffering believers, 'Blessed'. Lord Jesus promised Kingdom of Heaven to such believers.

The Scripture says that what the Lord is going to do with goats, the disobedient ones

"Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’
44 “Then they also will answer Him,[a] saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life. (Matthew 25:41-46)"

"He who mocks the poor reproaches his Maker;
He who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished. (Proverbs 17:5)"

Whoever shuts his ears to the cry of the poor
Will also cry himself and not be heard.
(Proverbs 21:13)"

This is what happened to the rich man of the parable. The rich man shuts his ears to the cry of Lazarus and he was also not heard, when he cried.

csmary:

Yes, re. riches, Proverbs shows the precious value of wisdom.

Paul to the Corinthians says that Christ is 'made unto us wisdom'.

In Him are hid 'all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Why do a believer shut his eyes, ears and heart from other believers?

We find around us such believers who refuse event to greet the poor and the afflicted believers. My dear brothers and sisters why don't you greet that poor brother or sister, who greets you with 'Praise the Lord!'

He or she is greeting the Christ in you. Why don't you greet the Christ in them? Even if they have no Christ in them your greeting will surely goes to the Christ in you.

Holy Spirit of God gives talents to the believers to use them for the growth of the Kingdom of God. The early church did so. That is why none of them had any shortage. Talents are given to do business and become profitable servants to God. Believers at present time are also doing business using their talents to earn the treasure. Nothing is hidden from God. God sees the heart. Where is your heart?

The Scripture says

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:21)"

Why do we find poor believers, homeless believers, believers who lack food and clothing and such needs in the churches? We find them because love is frozen. We find believers who are very rich and have enough sources, pray shedding tears for the poor, the sick and the afflicted, but they never shed a small part of their wealth to help them. We see around us rich believers who claim themselves as children of God or servants of God, stay in luxurious houses enjoying unlimited bank balances. They rent away their extra houses. They exchange their vehicles for the latest and for the most comfortable ones.

Why don't the rich believers help the poor believers?

The Scripture asks such believers

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,†but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.(James 2:14-17)"

Why do the believers hesitate to share their wealth and other talents to help the poor and the needy brethren?

They do it either because they love the world and the things of it, more than Lord Jesus Christ and the kingdom of God; or because they have a wrong notion that the poor and the sick or under curse.

But the scripture doesn't call the poor and the afflicted, at this time, the age of new covenant cursed. But carefully examine and find out who are called the cursed. Please read Matthew 25

The Scripture commands us

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. (1 John 2:15-16)"

The Scripture tells us not to love the world or the things in the world, which our carnal mind desires. The Scripture also says the desire of the carnal mind - to heap up wealth; to live a life of luxury and pleasure; satisfying the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and pride of life is not given by God. It is caused by the world.

The Scripture says that the world and its lust are passing away. It is an indisputable fact. As each day falls down, I and you are getting closer to eternity. We came to the world empty handed and we will go from here empty handed. We cannot carry anything we have here. Whatever we lay up in heaven for us; will remain forever. We see around us people die. We see that the dead do not carry anything with them. Let it be money or wealth; property or buildings, business, establishments or bank balances, status; nothing follow the dead

At the time of one's death one is cutaway from everything and every one, the one has in this world. But the scripture promises an eternal life in the Kingdom of God. The scripture promises that the one who does the will of God abides forever.

In Matthew Chapter 6 verse 24, Lord Jesus says

"No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."

The Scripture says that people of God cannot love God and the treasures of the world at the same time. If one loves God he or she will not put his or her mind to heap up the treasures of the world.

The Scripture again says

"
Adulterers and[a] adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously� (James 4:4-5)"

People of God are betrothed to Lord Jesus Christ. When a husband or wife love another woman or man, he or she commits adultery. In the same way, when the people of God, who are betrothed to Lord Jesus Christ, become friends of the things of the world; and when they disobey the Word of God for the things of the world, they commit adultery.

To be in Christ Jesus the Lord is to have the Word of God inside one and the Word of God is Lord Jesus Christ.

"Whoever transgresses[a] and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. (2 John 1:9)"

The doctrine of Christ is the Holy Scriptures. Those who cannot love the brethren in deed, those who practice lawlessness such as fornication, idolatry, thefts, sorcery, murders, adultery, sexual immorality, plundering the poor and weak and each and every malice, are they abiding in the Word of Christ? Those who claim they are Christians and believers in Christ, at the same time deny the Holy Scriptures in deeds, the Scripture says about them as

"You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? (James 2:19-20)

For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,†“You shall not murder,†“You shall not steal,†“You shall not bear false witness,â€[a] “You shall not covet,â€[b] and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.â€[c] 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. (Romans 13:9-11)"

Praise the Lord.

I wish to add a particular incident. It took place four years before. One day my daughter lost her cell phone. She was doing her B.A.I was working in North India We used to meet only once in a year. We used to communicate through phones. My daughter was very sad at the loss of the phone. I tried my level best to console her. But she refused to be consoled. As usual I went to the feet of Lord Jesus and told Him about the loss of my daughter's phone.

I prayed for the restoration of it. After the prayer I was inspired to send a message to that phone. I obeyed the Lord and sent this message. In the name of Lord Jesus I tell you to return my daughter's mobile phone. I waited for a while. There was no response. I sent the same message once again. Still there was no response.

I was inspired to send another message; and I sent this message - 'If you accept, Lord Jesus, return the mobile to my daughter; or if you select the devil, keep it with you. Do you want to know what a miracle took place? After some time, I made a call to that phone, it was ringing. The phone was returned to my daughter. I thanked Lord Jesus I became very happy. Phone was restored; but another more important restoration too took place.

After sending that message,as I was waiting for the response,The Lord put in to my thought this question. 'If such an option arise in your own daughter at any time, what do you wish she should do; and what will you do for her?' I told Lord Jesus, 'O God I earnestly desire from from the depth of my heart that she should accept Jesus And reject the devil. I also said that I will pray and pray, if such a situation arise in my daughter's life. Then the Lord told me to pray for the other person also.

I prayed for that person that he or she should select Jesus and reject the devil. The person read the message in the phone; and accepted Lord Jesus and rejected the devil. Hallelujah May God bless that person. May God use that person to bear fruits for the Kingdom of God.

I know this message will be read by many. Whoever reads it will come to know about a person's rejecting the devil and accepting the Lord Jesus. I hope the person will come out to the light and witness about it and thank God. Our Father in heaven I pray to You; pray from the depth of my heart; whenever, we, Your children, have a choice set before us,f or accepting Lord Jesus and rejecting the works of the devil, help us to accept Your Son. I pray this in the name of Lord Jesus Christ Amen.

"Do not rob the poor because he is poor,
Nor oppress the afflicted at the gate;
23 For the LORD will plead their cause,
(Proverbs 22:22-23)"

The wealth or position that one posses, which is earned through a wrong mean or a lawless deed is not a gift from God Who is the Father of the light. I hope you agree with me. It is a gift from Satan, I know none can disagree it. If anyone of you is enjoying a wrong wealth or wrong position; may the Spirit of God help you to return it.

If a believer or Christian thinks that the person whom you rob is a sinner and under curse, that is why he or she is afflicted, and there is nothing wrong in robbing such a person, then the Holy Scripture does not support you.

Praise the Lord

My dear readers, even if you told a lie to take away possessions or positions of others it is a lawless act which God hates.

The Scripture says

"Do not rob the poor because he is poor,
Nor oppress the afflicted at the gate;
23 For the LORD will plead their cause,
And plunder the soul of those who plunder them. (Proverbs 22:22-23)"

"Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be67 Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called?
8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,â€[a] you do well; 9 but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors. (James 2:5-9)"

"Do not overwork to be rich;
Because of your own understanding, cease!
5 Will you set your eyes on that which is not?
For riches certainly make themselves wings;
They fly away like an eagle toward heaven. (Proverbs 23:4-5)"

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

11 But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. (1 Timothy 6:10-11)"

"My son, if sinners entice you,
Do not consent.
11 If they say, “Come with us,
Let us lie in wait to shed blood;
Let us lurk secretly for the innocent without cause;
12 Let us swallow them alive like Sheol,[a]
And whole, like those who go down to the Pit;
13 We shall find all kinds of precious possessions,
We shall fill our houses with spoil;
14 Cast in your lot among us,
Let us all have one purseâ€â€”
15 My son, do not walk in the way with them,