Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Friendly atheist

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hey all,

I come in peace, take me to your leader, blah blah blah. I'm not sure if there's much to say about me. I'm an atheist from Seattle, but originally Jewish. Anyway, I really love friendly discussions about religion and philosophy, so I joined this forum. I try to be nice to people online (just because I have a username doesn't mean I can hide behind it!) and I look forward to some smashing conversations with all of you.

Sincerely,

Ninjasaurus

Ninjasaurus said:
Hey all,

I come in peace, take me to your leader.

Are you sure about that? :eyebrow

Ninjasaurus said:
I'm not sure if there's much to say about me. I'm an atheist from Seattle, but originally Jewish.

I knew a Jewish-atheist once. What is your background in Judaism? What branch?

PouringRain said:

I think my family is Reform Jewish. I do not identify strongly with my former faith. Heck, I didn't even get a bat mitzvah because I was an atheist by the time I was 12, and my parents were okay with that.

Hello and welcome. This site was the only Christian forum I found that didn't make you agree to a statement of faith before joining, so I guess it's the atheist friendly forum! It's very much to the site's credit anyway.

I know us skeptics get up people's noses sometimes but I hope we add something to the forum too.

Ninjasaurus said:
PouringRain said:

I think my family is Reform Jewish. I do not identify strongly with my former faith. Heck, I didn't even get a bat mitzvah because I was an atheist by the time I was 12, and my parents were okay with that.

I won't tell you what my Orthodox friend says about Reform. :biggrin

It's okay, I attend a reform temple when I go. :)

Bat mitzvah.... you are female then? (Males have a Bar mitzvah.)

logical bob said:
Hello and welcome. This site was the only Christian forum I found that didn't make you agree to a statement of faith before joining, so I guess it's the atheist friendly forum! It's very much to the site's credit anyway.

I know us skeptics get up people's noses sometimes but I hope we add something to the forum too.

You know what else gets up my nose? :halo

Anyways... Hello, and I think you need to take yourself to my leader. He's on your speed dial... just say "Dear God" :thumb

Ninjasaurus said:
Hey all,

I come in peace, take me to your leader, blah blah blah. I'm not sure if there's much to say about me. I'm an atheist from Seattle, but originally Jewish. Anyway, I really love friendly discussions about religion and philosophy, so I joined this forum. I try to be nice to people online (just because I have a username doesn't mean I can hide behind it!) and I look forward to some smashing conversations with all of you.

Sincerely,

Ninjasaurus
i am hebrew as well, though by lineage.

Welcome! :waving

Actually, you don't need to be taken anywhere. He's already where you're at! :amen

jasoncran said:
reform judiasm is very liberal in theology.

Yes, it is. My dad was also pretty liberal about religion; he's an ex-Catholic. He got in an argument with the pastor about fish or something, so he never got confirmed.

logical bob said:

LOL! Yeah, there are other Christian forums that have stupid rules about that kind of thing. For example, no posting links to sites that "endorse other religions" (Christian sites are okay). :biggrin

Ninjasaurus said:
LOL! Yeah, there are other Christian forums that have stupid rules about that kind of thing. For example, no posting links to sites that "endorse other religions" (Christian sites are okay). :biggrin

Yeah, about that... You should probably read through the TOS before hand, or you might get the deep-6. Some of these points might sound familiar from your other board. Be a good girl, Ninja. Here's a portion of the TOS to consider...

3 - No active promotion of other Faiths is allowed:

You will not post any messages; links, images or photos that promote a religion or belief other than Biblical and historical Christianity (atheism is considered a "belief" for the purposes of this rule). Discussing these doctrines are fine, as long as the beliefs are not actively promoted. This includes Universal Reconciliation, Universal Salvation, Serpent seed, Dual Seed or Two-Seedline doctrine which are only allowed in the 1 on 1 Debate Forum. This is a Christian Forum as the name suggests.

Mike said:
Ninjasaurus said:

Yeah, about that... You should probably read through the TOS before hand, or you might get the deep-6. Some of these points might sound familiar from your other board. Be a good girl, Ninja. Here's a portion of the TOS to consider...

3 - No active promotion of other Faiths is allowed:

You will not post any messages; links, images or photos that promote a religion or belief other than Biblical and historical Christianity (atheism is considered a "belief" for the purposes of this rule). Discussing these doctrines are fine, as long as the beliefs are not actively promoted. This includes Universal Reconciliation, Universal Salvation, Serpent seed, Dual Seed or Two-Seedline doctrine which are only allowed in the 1 on 1 Debate Forum. This is a Christian Forum as the name suggests.

Hmm, okay, I'll keep that in mind. Can I link to unbiased, non-religious/non-atheistic sites to back up claims? (i.e., news sites?)

(Heh, most other Christian forums that are supposed to be about "debate," but they don't even allow non-Christians on the forum! What's the the point of debate when there is no debate?)

Welcome! :wave

Just remember to be respectful towards Christianity and other members and you shouldn't have too much of a problem here.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back