Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Fruit of Christianity

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
G

gingercat

We can argue all day long about the Bible and never budge from our position.

The Bible tells us that we know by our fruit whether we are true followers or not.

Yet when one mentions about it, most of the time it is ignored or gets rebuked.

The reputation of the Christian community is not good at all. Billy Graham often mentions that most of the churchgoers are not committed Christians, but they pretend they are ok.

The Bible tells us expose the evil deeds of darkness, also.

Satan loves the ugly reality hidden. It seems that Christian community is cooperating with satan instead of the Lord.

So many churches and churchgoers try so hard to hide the whole truth about church situation. How sad.

His servant, hitomi wilde

So try and fix it. Christians were never called to oppose the world, but to serve it. Not in the sense of doing its bidding, but in the sense of true godly service. By rejecting christian community, you do nothing to help it. Its far easier to change the system from within, to make a difference in your local church, than it is to start a whole new movement. The power of one is weak. But many gathered together are strong. Just look at a rope. "Where two or three are gathered in my name, there shall I be." Dont back out and run away. Dont try and act so independently. Help others. Help revive your church. Its working at mine. Never have people been so alive. And we are Catholic. We are the people that others make fun of for being dead. We beat the stereotype. All because some people care and want to change the system, not just leave.

belovedwolfofgod said:
So try and fix it. Christians were never called to oppose the world, but to serve it. Not in the sense of doing its bidding, but in the sense of true godly service. By rejecting christian community, you do nothing to help it. Its far easier to change the system from within, to make a difference in your local church, than it is to start a whole new movement. The power of one is weak. But many gathered together are strong. Just look at a rope. "Where two or three are gathered in my name, there shall I be." Dont back out and run away. Dont try and act so independently. Help others. Help revive your church. Its working at mine. Never have people been so alive. And we are Catholic. We are the people that others make fun of for being dead. We beat the stereotype. All because some people care and want to change the system, not just leave.

Spreading the whole truth is one of my mission to fix it. Don't continue on what you are doing. If you are doing your best to fix it you will not have so many corrupted churches. The situation is getting worse rather than better.

Spreading the whole truth is one of my mission to fix it.

Your infallible and sinless then? You have the WHOLE TRUTH? I am asking these questions not to be crass or sarcastic. I am truly interested in your answers. Why are your interpretations better than everyone elses in the world?

Mark.13
[21] And then if any one says to you, `Look, here is the Christ!' or `Look, there he is!' do not believe it.

By the way the fruits of many Catholics over history are quite remarkable actually. Ever read about St. John Vianney who brought nearly 300,000 to Christ. St. Francis Xavaier was another who brought nearly 1 million to Christ. Mother Teresa of Calacuta in our own time started nearly 500 schools and hospitals for the poor after walking out of her convent and starting a new order with no more than the clothes on her back. There are many other such stories in the Catholic Church. How do your fruits compare to these?

Thessalonian said:

Your infallible and sinless then? You have the WHOLE TRUTH? I am asking these questions not to be crass or sarcastic. I am truly interested in your answers. Why are your interpretations better than everyone elses in the world?

Mark.13
[21] And then if any one says to you, `Look, here is the Christ!' or `Look, there he is!' do not believe it.

By the way the fruits of many Catholics over history are quite remarkable actually. Ever read about St. John Vianney who brought nearly 300,000 to Christ. St. Francis Xavaier was another who brought nearly 1 million to Christ. Mother Teresa of Calacuta in our own time started nearly 500 schools and hospitals for the poor after walking out of her convent and starting a new order with no more than the clothes on her back. There are many other such stories in the Catholic Church. How do your fruits compare to these?

You are continually repeating the same comments over and over.

When we do our best to be obedient to Him we will be godly regarless of our imperfections and weaknesses. We cannot mock God!

gingercat said:
Thessalonian said:

Mark.13

[quote:b8bd4]You are continually repeating the same comments over and over.

You hadn't really answered the questions and I still dont' think you have. Are you the one who is to come or do we look for another. I will keep posting Mark 13 because it is very pertinent to this board in general. There are many here who think there own personal doctrines are the cat's meow of Biblical exegesis. Don't take it personal.

[quote:b8bd4]When we do our best to be obedient to Him we will be godly regarless of our imperfections and weaknesses. We cannot mock God!
[/quote:b8bd4][/quote:b8bd4]

Who's mocking him. Oh, you have imperfections and weaknesses, but your theology is 100% correct and has no critical errors? Try giving me direct answers to what I ask. By the way you repeat alot of your points all over the board as well. Perhaps you can show me where I talked about the fruit of Catholic saints.

Blessings

Thessalonian said:
gingercat said:
Thessalonian said:

Mark.13

[quote:8b6b3]You are continually repeating the same comments over and over.

You hadn't really answered the questions and I still dont' think you have. Are you the one who is to come or do we look for another. I will keep posting Mark 13 because it is very pertinent to this board in general. There are many here who think there own personal doctrines are the cat's meow of Biblical exegesis. Don't take it personal.

[quote:8b6b3]When we do our best to be obedient to Him we will be godly regarless of our imperfections and weaknesses. We cannot mock God!

Who's mocking him. Oh, you have imperfections and weaknesses, but your theology is 100% correct and has no critical errors? Try giving me direct answers to what I ask. By the way you repeat alot of your points all over the board as well. Perhaps you can show me where I talked about the fruit of Catholic saints.

Blessings
[/quote:8b6b3][/quote:8b6b3]

I make my observation from whole context. I have been reading your comments from time to time. You don't have to talk about your Catholic saints. I am just making general obsevation of Churchgoers including catholics. Are you saying that Catholics are better than protestants?

gingercat said:
Thessalonian said:
gingercat said:
Thessalonian said:

Mark.13

[quote:77441]You are continually repeating the same comments over and over.

[quote:77441]When we do our best to be obedient to Him we will be godly regarless of our imperfections and weaknesses. We cannot mock God!

Blessings

I make my observation from whole context. I have been reading your comments from time to time. You don't have to talk about your Catholic saints. I am just making general obsevation of Churchgoers including catholics. Are you saying that Catholics are better than protestants?
[/quote:77441][/quote:77441]

Better in what manner of speaking. I want to answer apples with apples.

If you are claiming to be christian you should pay attention to them unless you don't think they don't matter to you.

gingercat said:
If you are claiming to be christian you should pay attention to them unless you don't think they don't matter to you.

??????? :o

Am I a Christian? Seems like you had a thread about that question.

Thessalonian said:
gingercat said:

??????? :o

Am I a Christian? Seems like you had a thread about that question.

I don't know if you are. All I am doing is exprssing my obsevations as His servant.

God is the only one who knows who among us are truly Christians and those who just go through the movements, so to speak. I know in my heart that I worship and love God, but another person will not know. (unless that person has discernment).
I know I should not say this, but I get uncomfortable with people accusing others of not being true Christians. I think we have enough to deal with, with the evil in this world.

ChristineES said:
God is the only one who knows who among us are truly Christians and those who just go through the movements, so to speak. I know in my heart that I worship and love God, but another person will not know. (unless that person has discernment).
I know I should not say this, but I get uncomfortable with people accusing others of not being true Christians. I think we have enough to deal with, with the evil in this world.

God is giving us all kinds of mission. I am doing what He wants me to do. I never peosonally attack. All I am doing is exprssing my observation.

The Bible tells us to expose the evil deeds of darkness. How can we expose if we don't express? Who has to do it? Only people who are convicted of doing it. I am just been convicted to do it. Do you understand what I am saying?

Certainly, I know exactly what you are saying. There are some things that are pretty evident. For example, If a man calls himself a Christian and goes to church and you see him at a singles bar and you know he is married, then you see his fruits. Some things are pretty evident.
When I wrote that other post, I didn't mean that you could not tell if a man or woman was a living a Christian life or not by their actions. I meant that humans cannot read a man's or woman's heart.
Jesus says himself (I don't have bible with me, so I can't recite a certain scripture) that a brother should discuss with another one if he sees him doing something he should not be doing. People nowadays appear to be afraid to do that, because of the world.
Paul said that each person will have a different talent, but are all a part of the body. What I was trying to say, is that as Christians, we should work together. Because our real enemy is the world.

ChristineES said:
Certainly, I know exactly what you are saying. There are some things that are pretty evident. For example, If a man calls himself a Christian and goes to church and you see him at a singles bar and you know he is married, then you see his fruits. Some things are pretty evident.
When I wrote that other post, I didn't mean that you could not tell if a man or woman was a living a Christian life or not by their actions. I meant that humans cannot read a man's or woman's heart.
Jesus says himself (I don't have bible with me, so I can't recite a certain scripture) that a brother should discuss with another one if he sees him doing something he should not be doing. People nowadays appear to be afraid to do that, because of the world.
Paul said that each person will have a different talent, but are all a part of the body. What I was trying to say, is that as Christians, we should work together. Because our real enemy is the world.

Thank you christine,

Yes, of course we should work together. What I am doing the forum is something else that I believe neglected by the churches, to alarm. In my observation, Jesus' teachings are not respected by the churches as a whole. I believe we should focus on to be obedient to Him. This is not preached and practiced in the churches in general.

I believe I know why we have so many churches and churchgoers but society is not reflected by them. It is because if they start to preach the whole messages about the servanthood, they will lose most of the congregation because the churchgoers are not interested in following Jesus' teachings.

Regardless of what the churchgoers want, His messages have to be told the whole truth not the half. Christianity is not popularity. Christianity is all about serving Him with all our might. That's what the "love the Lord with all your heart, soul and strength and mind" means.

sincerely

His servant, hitomi

Back