Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Frustration.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Igorstash

Lately I've been feeling horrible. The closer I get to God, the more dirty and sinful I feel. I am more aware of sin, of what is happening around me. And it frustrates me a lot. In addition to all this, God is silent. I feel like I have no strength anymore. I don't have the strength to pray, to read the scriptures and I feel like I'm losing my grip. On the one hand I know that God will never leave me on the other hand the soul says something else. I feel completely exhausted in this war. I am tired of reading about God's promises while they are not even happening in my life. I didn't ask him for anything special. I'm just begging for some strength, a little bit of strength. Something to keep me pushing forward. I'm tired of this frustration, this sadness and this anger. Every day I pour my heart out to him but he just stays silent. What's going on here? How am I supposed to deal with this grief? With this frustration?
It seems like he doesn't even care..

Have you said this to Him directly, Igorstash? There have been times in my life where I became deeply angry with Him, but instead of staying silent I let Him know about it, and that I was not happy with Him. He has responded to me every time I've done that, sometimes rather dramatically, and I believe it's because He honored my faith.

Best of wishes to you,
Hidden
Hi. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Yes, of course I told him that. I'm not hiding anything from him. I share everything with him. After all, he sees my heart, so what's the point of hiding something from him?! I talk to him literally about everything.

Lately I've been feeling horrible. The closer I get to God, the more dirty and sinful I feel. I am more aware of sin, of what is happening around me.

Definitely a good sign! No one can enter into a relationship with a perfectly holy God and not feel pretty scummy. But an awareness of one's deep foulness is vital to walking properly with such a Being. I'd have grave concerns about you were you to think you'd connected to God and not feel as you do.

And it frustrates me a lot. In addition to all this, God is silent.

What do you mean "silent"? He's given us all a book in which He speaks to anyone who'll read it and heed it. It's called the Bible. Are you giving God opportunity to speak to you by reading His word?

I feel like I have no strength anymore. I don't have the strength to pray, to read the scriptures and I feel like I'm losing my grip.

Well, of course you don't have any strength of your own by which to walk with God. The only way you will be able to know and enjoy fellowship with God is through the life and power of the Holy Spirit. If you're exhausted, then, in your efforts to relate with God, it's always because you're operating from the wrong power source in doing so.

Isaiah 40:28-31
28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable.
29 He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power.
30 Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly,
31 Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

Ephesians 6:10
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
Romans 8:9-11
9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
10 If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Philippians 2:13
13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

On the one hand I know that God will never leave me on the other hand the soul says something else. I feel completely exhausted in this war. I am tired of reading about God's promises while they are not even happening in my life. I didn't ask him for anything special. I'm just begging for some strength, a little bit of strength. Something to keep me pushing forward. I'm tired of this frustration, this sadness and this anger. Every day I pour my heart out to him but he just stays silent. What's going on here? How am I supposed to deal with this grief? With this frustration?
It seems like he doesn't even care..

You really need to be discipled. To this end, I'd urge you check out my Substack page:

Hi. Thanks for the answer.

It really depends on my day. I get up early for work. At work I go to quiet places to pray. At least 20 minutes of prayer. Sometimes even 30 minutes . I try to pray at work at the times I mentioned at least twice. And that's just at work. At home I pray longer. I don't really think it's about how much time I spend with God because right now, as a parent, I'm trying to do my best.

I have read his words millions of times. All I hear is silence. No verse that concerns me, no answers! I would like to know something. After Job endured all the horror he went through, how would Job behave if God did not answer him PHYSICALLY? God literally Spoke with job with his PHYSICAL VOICE!!! What would have happened if God had not spoken to Job like this? We take examples from people who have experienced Jesus and the Father! Jesus' disciples were physically with him! Paul heard and saw god! And what am I asking for? A little bit of strength for my heart? I'm tired of reading promises without actions. Why does he promise "Come to me all who are burdened and laboring and I will find rest for you"!! Where is this rest?? "My Lord is close to the brokenhearted" where is his closeness? where? When will we find this rest? When we die? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
Hi Igorstash

Paul writes to us that God now speaks to us through His Scriptures. I don't know too many who have claimed to actually hear God speak.

And God had to speak to Job because Job didn't have anything written down. How else was God going to deal with Job and many of the old covenant, but to speak directly to them. But today the task of writing down all of God's revelation to us is complete. God doesn't need to speak directly with His voice to anyone. Perhaps you are expecting something of God that He's never promised to give.

God bless,
Ted

Hey All,
Let's consider what you wrote with your growth as a believer Igorstash.

"Lately I've been feeling horrible. The closer I get to God, the more dirty and sinful I feel. I am more aware of sin, of what is happening around me. And it frustrates me a lot." Quote from Igorstash

Did you ever consider that what you are going through is supposed to happen?
Maybe that surprises you a bit.
The more that God matters to you, the more hurting God through sin makes you feel horrible.
That is called Christian maturity.
As new believers, we don't feel that pain.
We are unaware of how much our sin hurts God.

Once we start reading Scripture, and being taught God's Word, we start understanding that we, you and I and everyone else, has an effect on God.
Now that is because God lets us.
But never the less, our actions can either please God; or they can displease Him.

"I feel completely exhausted in this war. I am tired of reading about God's promises while they are not even happening in my life. I didn't ask him for anything special. I'm just begging for some strength, a little bit of strength. Something to keep me pushing forward. I'm tired of this frustration, this sadness and this anger." Quote from Igorstash

Change your perspective.
You are not at war with God.
Pray and ask God to lead where He wants you to go.
Then, by faith, pursue the passion you have in life.
If you are wrong, your passion will die out.
If you are right, and it is God's will, nothing will stop you.
Are you sure you are not begging for strength you already have?
Could the frustration be coming from you not exercising the faith you have been given?
What's probably the most famous verse about faith in the Bible?
Probably this one:

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

And rightly so.

You want to know what my favorite verse on faith is?

Judges 16:22 Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven.

Most people would say, "that's stupid."
That's the opposite of faith.
Samson broke his promise (his faith) to God.
His hair was cut, and he was dragged out, put in "fetters of brass," (that doesn't sound very comfortable) and made to do the work of a horse.
Yeah, and I am saying, that is my point.

Samson was the worst kind of bad a person can be.
But his hair began to grow.

Now I am 66 years old, and I can tell you firsthand that hair does not have to grow back.
My hair did not.

Hair is real evidence.

When God makes a promise, it is for life; actually beyond our life.
Did God speak to Samson and assure him he would be OK?
No God did not.
God was silent.

But Samson's hair began to grow.

Are you understanding me about this?
God was still there, still working silently, on Samson's behalf.

Another example:
What changed David's mind from this;

Psalms 22:1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

to this?

Psalms 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Perspective.
Those verses sound like they would be from two different people.
Now I have have no idea if they really were written in this succession. (Chapters 22 and 23)
But that is how they are presented to us.
What changed David's frustration into satisfaction?

Step back from yourself and read your letter from the perspective of someone answering it.

What do you see?
How do you fix yourself?

I get the frustration.
It comes across loud and clear.
I also see the spiritual maturity.
But you never say what you are frustrated about.
You may be praying about it.
But until you act upon it, you will remain frustrated.
You have prayed, now do.
You will continue to be anxious until you act definitely on what is causing your frustration.

"Do, or do not, There is no try." Quote from the only little green thing I like - Yoda

Well actually I like two little green things.
Kermit gets an honorable mention.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Last edited:

Sin is a reality. Awareness of it is therefore an awareness of reality, so to some extent is good. And yes, even Christians have a dirty side sometimes best kept from others. Was it John White who spoke of our lives as bundles of wool with many knots, and of undoing knots one at a time, even if leaving certain ugly knots for later? “Help me and heal me” can be a constant prayer. However, reality is far broader than sin, so only awareness of such darkness is hardly going to enlighten us. Other realities, for Christians, include our sainthood, seated with Christ as spiritual royals over the earth. One book you might find biblically encouraging is by Ken Chant: https://archive.org/details/sittingontopofwo0000chan/mode/2up.

I can point Job to you in bible. God allowed devil to mess with Job. Devil want's us to give up, and curse God.

Don't do it. He attacks body of christ. He hates Jesus and Christian people.

Gospel of Luke, Jesus gave Christian people power over satan and evil spirits.

Use Jesus name to order satan and evil spirits away from you.

GET BEHIND ME

SATAN AND EVIL SPIRITS IN NAME OF JESUS CHRIST !!

God might test people.

Revelation chapter 13. The beast system is one world political system. At the 6th trump, satan in his role as antichrist, will take over one world religious system.

God wants to know who will stand, or run ????

Majority are already following satan. Many people have turned their backs on God.

Your not alone. Body of christ will suffer attacks from the devil.

God does hear your prayers. Make sure you are repenting for sins to God.

Devil is attacking body christ at different degrees.

Dont give up.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back