Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Gentile’s kept the Seventh Day Sabbath

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

CherubRam

Judaic Christian

Pisidian Antioch in the Roman Empire

Acts 13
13 From Paphos, Paul and his companions sailed to Perga in Pamphylia, where John left them to return to Jerusalem. 14 From Perga they went on to Pisidian Antioch. On the Sabbath they entered the synagogue and sat down. 15 After the reading from the Law and the Prophets, the leaders of the synagogue sent word to them, saying, “Brothers, if you have a word of exhortation for the people, please speak.”16 Standing up, Paul motioned with his hand and said: “Fellow Israelites and you Gentiles who worship God, listen to me!

44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.
46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

The first Gentile converts kept the Sabbath, and so therefore it was not an issue.

There is also this in regards to the Sabbath commandment.
Romans 13:9
The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Exodus 20:8
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

Pisidian Antioch in the Roman Empire
Acts 13
13 From Paphos, Paul and his companions sailed to Perga in Pamphylia, where John left them to return to Jerusalem. 14 From Perga they went on to Pisidian Antioch. On the Sabbath they entered the synagogue and sat down. 15 After the reading from the Law and the Prophets, the leaders of the synagogue sent word to them, saying, “Brothers, if you have a word of exhortation for the people, please speak.”16 Standing up, Paul motioned with his hand and said: “Fellow Israelites and you Gentiles who worship God, listen to me!

44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.
46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

The first Gentile converts kept the Sabbath, and so therefore it was not an issue.
The Gentiles in question were converts to Jewish faith not yet Christian.

Exodus 20:6
And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Exodus 31:17-16
Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Romans 9:6
It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

True and False Disciples
Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me you evildoers!’
God's will is that we keep His commands.

Matthew 5:19
I have noticed that Matthew 5:19 is not correctly translated. The word (THESE) follows the word (commands) in the original text.
of these” should read “of the” ( TWN / TON )

“These” is referring to people, not the commands.

5130 / toutwn / touton: genitive case plural masculine or neuter of outoV - houtos 3778; of (from or concerning) these (persons or things):--such, their, these (things), they, this sort, those.

See Matthew 5:19 link: www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Greek_Index.htm

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands, and teaches others accordingly, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

This is how Matthew 5:19 should read:
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of the commands, and those teaching others accordingly, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Christian
The earliest recorded use of the term outside the Bible was when Tacitus recorded that Nero blamed the "Christians" for the Great Fire of Rome in AD 64
Those were later inserted into the Greek text... The early Aramaic shows that those text say Nazarenes..

Acts 11:26
and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch. (Peter said)

1 Peter 4:16
However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. (Peter said)

The Gentile converts had the same law.

Exodus 12:49
The same law applies both to the native-born and to the foreigner residing among you.”

Leviticus 7:7
“‘The same law applies to both the sin offering and the guilt offering: They belong to the priest who makes atonement with them.

Leviticus 24:22
You are to have the same law for the foreigner and the native-born. I am the Lord your God.’”

Numbers 15:16
The same laws and regulations will apply both to you and to the foreigner residing among you.’”

Numbers 15:29
One and the same law applies to everyone who sins unintentionally, whether a native-born Israelite or a foreigner residing among you.

Ephesians 2:15
This verse is not correctly translated. See commentary below.
by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace,

1 Timothy 1:7
They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.

1 Timothy 1:8
We know that the law is good if one uses it properly.

Hebrews 7:12
For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

Hebrews 10:1
The law is a shadow of better things to come.

James 1:25
But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position.

1 John 3:4
Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

The barrier to winning converts to Judaism had been the Commandments of Moses, they govern the feasts and sacrifices. Moses Commandments were the middle wall partition.

Here is my translation of Ephesians 2:14-19. 14
For he is our peace, who has made us one, and has broken down the middle wall partition, 15. By abolishing with his flesh the hostility of the commandment laws of ordinances; for to create in himself and us, one new man, making peace; 16. thereby reconciling us to God in one body through the stake, having slain the hostility. 17. He came to those near and far preaching peace. 18. For through him we both have access to one Spirit, the Father. 19. Therefore you are not alienated foreigners, but citizens with the holy household of God.

Enmity means "hostility."

Romans 8:7
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Ephesians 2:15
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Ephesians 2:16
And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the stake, having slain the enmity thereby:

James 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Hostility towards the laws of God is what has been abolished.

Christians often refer to Ephesians 2:15 in the N.I.V. as proof that the commandments have been done away with.

Ephesians 2:15 N.I.V.: by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations.

Ephesians 2:15 King James. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;.
Note:The word [enmity] in the K.J. means hostility.

(Ephesians 2:15 (a modern translation.) by abolishing in his flesh the hostility of the law with its commandments and regulations.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:17: Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets...

The Sabbath feasts and sacrifices were not given as Commandments of God, but God commanded (ordered) Moses to speak to the Israelites about them. That is why God, in Isaiah 1:11-14 it says, "Who has asked this of you," The Sabbath feasts and sacrifices were given as part of the covenant, for which the Israelites continually broke.
As a result of that, God says in Zephaniah 3:18, "the sorrows for the appointed feast I will remove from you; they are a burden and a reproach to you."
The Sabbath feasts and sacrifices were given as a command of Moses. I am able to say with certainty that there is to be no more animal sacrifices for sins.

According to 2 Chronicles 8:12-13; 12 On the altar of the LORD that he had built in front of the portico, Solomon sacrificed burnt offerings to the LORD, 13 according to the daily requirement for offerings commanded by Moses for Sabbaths, New Moons and the three annual feasts—the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the Feast of Weeks and the Feast of Tabernacles.

Hebrews 7:27
Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.

Truth is made known by reason of the facts

Joshua copied the laws of Moses onto stone also.
Joshua 8:32

There, in the presence of the Israelites, Joshua copied on stones the laws of Moses, which he had written.
2 Corinthians 3:7
Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was,…
In regards to "Ministry of The Spirit." What that means is that you keep God's commandments, not because they are written in stone and are law, but because they are written in your heart; and you keep them for the love of God and your fellow man, because it is the right thing to do. "The ministry that brought death" is the Mosaic laws of the priesthood, not God's commandments.
2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
2 Corinthians 3:8
will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?
Deuteronomy 31:26
Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.
Note: The commandments were written in stone. There are two sets of laws, God's commandment laws, and the priestly Levitical law. The Levitical laws brought death to those who would not keep the laws.
Romans 10:4
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Footnotes: a. Romans 10:4 Or goal
Matthew 5:17

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
The commandments and good works have not been done away with. All Paul is getting at is that you cannot buy your way into heaven just by keeping the commandments and good works. Evil people can keep the law and do good works. Such people have even been known to hide among us.
Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Ephesians 2:10
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 4:12
to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up
Romans 3:31
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Romans 6:15
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Romans 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of the commandments and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches the commandments will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
The Gentiles whom did not have the written laws, but were keeping them, because they were written upon their hearts.
Romans 2:14

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Covenant and non-covenant circumcision. Non-Covenant circumcision is practiced by many Christians these days, but it does not mean they are under the old covenant. Covenant circumcision was to be continual until the New Covenant was established. Forever is forever, unless there should come a change. Circumcision, Festivals, sacrifices, and the old priesthood is what was done away with. The Sabbath and moral commands of God remain as part of the New Covenant.
Genesis 17:13
Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an (everlasting / continual) covenant.
Jeremiah 31:31-32
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors

when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,”
declares the Lord.
1 Corinthians 7:19
Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.
As for keeping the law, the difference is between doing what you have to, and doing what you want to. The written laws did not make better persons, but better persons would want to keep the laws.

The Seven Spirits of God.

Revelation 1:5
Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, and from Yahshua Messiah, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

Revelation 3:1
"To the messenger of the congregation in Sardis write: These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.

Revelation 4:5
From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God.

The Seven Lamps are the Seven Spirits.

Revelation 5:6
Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
Revelation 1:19
"Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later. 20The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampsticks is this: The seven stars are the messengers of the seven congregations, and the seven lampsticks are the seven congregations.

The Seven sets of Eyes are The Seven Congregations throughout the world.

Zechariah 3:9
See, the stone I have set in front of Yahshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.

Zechariah 4:10
“Who dares despise the day of small things, since the seven eyes of the Lord that range throughout the earth will rejoice when they see the chosen capstone in the hand of Zerubbabel?”

Speaking to the Israelites
Exodus 31:17-16
Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
Read what it says - the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath.
You emboldened the wrong bit.

The Sabbath and moral commands remain.
The moral commandments existed before the Ten Commandments were given to the Israelites as their covenant law.
The Sabbath was not given before the Sinai Covenant. it was given as a sign of the covenant.

There is no obligation on Christians to observe it.

The moral commandments existed before the Ten Commandments were given to the Israelites as their covenant law.
The Sabbath was not given before the Sinai Covenant. it was given as a sign of the covenant.

The Israelites were Hebrews and other peoples.

That's not an answer. That's just obfuscation.
You don't want an honest discussion and are just wasting my time.
Goodbye
There is nothing I can do for the deaf and blind. Goodbye.

obfuscation
noun

1. The act of obfuscating or obscuring; also, that which obscures; obscurity; confusion.
  2. The act of darkening or bewildering; the state of being darkened.
  3. The act or process of obfuscating, or obscuring the perception of something; the concept of concealing the meaning of a communication by making it more confusing and harder to interpret.

Genesis 2:2-3...And on the Seventh Day Elohiym ended His work which He had made. And Elohiym blessed the Seventh Day, and sanctified it: because that in it He rested from all His work which Elohiym created and made.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back