Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Gentile’s kept the Seventh Day Sabbath

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Isaiah said that enuchs can keep thy sabbath.

Isaiah 56:4-7​

"The Lord" is Yahwah our Father.

Isaiah 56​

4 For this is what the Lord says:

“To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths,
who choose what pleases me
and hold fast to my covenant—
5 to them I will give within my temple and its walls
a memorial and a name
better than sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
that will endure forever.
6 And foreigners who bind themselves to the Lord
to minister to him,
to love the name of the Lord,
and to be his servants,
all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it
and who hold fast to my covenant

Genesis 2:2-3...And on the Seventh Day Elohiym ended His work which He had made. And Elohiym blessed the Seventh Day, and sanctified it: because that in it He rested from all His work which Elohiym created and made.
That doesn't say that God made every seventh day holy, or that God rests on every seventh day just as God doesn't create plants and trees on every third day, or create birds on evry fifth day, or create animals on every sixth day.

That doesn't say that God made every seventh day holy, or that God rests on every seventh day just as God doesn't create plants and trees on every third day, or create birds on evry fifth day, or create animals on every sixth day.
And Yahuah Elohyim didn't make everyday holy either, just the Seventh, but by all means believe what you want.

And Yahuah Elohyim didn't make everyday holy either, just the Seventh,
Just that particular seventh day; the day He rested from the work he had done.

And on the seventh day God finished his work which he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, because on it God rested from all his work which he had done in creation. (Gen 2:2-3).

but by all means believe what you want.
I'll believe what the Bible actually says and not what I would like it to say.

Just that particular seventh day; the day He rested from the work he had done.

And on the seventh day God finished his work which he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, because on it God rested from all his work which he had done in creation. (Gen 2:2-3).

I'll believe what the Bible actually says and not what I would like it to say.
Ok...So you break the 4th Commandment every week, which is the Shabbat which is the Seventh day...which Elohiym from Genesis 2:2-3 had enacted for His Creation....

Ok...So you break the 4th Commandment every week, which is the Shabbat which is the Seventh day...which Elohiym from Genesis 2:2-3 had enacted for His Creation....
God didn't enact a weekly sabbath in Gen 2:2-3.
There is no evidence that anyone kept a weekly sabbath until Ex 16 when God instructed the Israelites to keep one. And it is very clear from the text that they did not understand the concept.

God didn't enact a weekly sabbath in Gen 2:2-3.
There is no evidence that anyone kept a weekly sabbath until Ex 16 when God instructed the Israelites to keep one. And it is very clear from the text that they did not understand the concept.
Yah has always had His Torah/Instruction in righteousness. Genesis 26:5...Because Abraham obeyed My Voice and kept My charge, guarded My Commandments, My statues, and My Torah/Laws.
Wonder what commandments Abraham got ? Considering we don't read them anywhere with Elohiym's interaction with Abraham!

The Israelites were the Hebrews along with the other peoples who came out of Egypt with them.

Exodus 31:13
“Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.

Exodus 31:17
It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’”

Romans 9:6
It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

Yah has always had His Torah/Instruction in righteousness. Genesis 26:5...Because Abraham obeyed My Voice and kept My charge, guarded My Commandments, My statues, and My Torah/Laws.

Then show me where God instructed Abraham to keep a 7th day sabbath.
You won't of course because there is no such instruction and no evidence that Abraham kept a seventh day sabbath.
Wonder what commandments Abraham got ? Considering we don't read them anywhere with Elohiym's interaction with Abraham!

There is no evidence that God ever gave Abraham a seventh day sabbath command.

The seventh day sabbath was part of the Sinai Covenant not the covenant with Abraham.

Moses speaking about the SInai Covenant:
Not with our fathers did the Lord make this covenant, but with us, who are all of us here alive this day. (Dt 5:3)
Sabbath keeping was given to the Israelites as part of the Sinai Covenant law.

You won't of course because there is no such instruction and no evidence that Abraham kept a seventh day sabbath.

The seventh day sabbath was part of the Sinai Covenant not the covenant with Abraham.

Not with our fathers did the Lord make this covenant, but with us, who are all of us here alive this day. (Dt 5:3)
Who are the Israelites?

Any further violations of the ToS will result in removal from this discussion.

The promise was and always will be the land.

Look mungoo, you will never be convinced, but charges, stautes, and Commandments are the same words used in the Hebrew text at Sinai.

The promise was and always will be the land.

What do you mean by that?
Look mungoo, you will never be convinced, but charges, stautes, and Commandments are the same words used in the Hebrew text at Sinai.

The same words but not necessarily referring to the same thing.
There are many covenants in the Bible - same word but different covenants with different parties to them and different laws regarding them.

You still have no evidence for your claims

What do you mean by that?

The same words but not necessarily referring to the same thing.
There are many covenants in the Bible - same word but different covenants with different parties to them and different laws regarding them.

You still have no evidence for your claims
Only intellectually dishonest people would reply as you have.

Instead of insulting me why don't you show me what was wrong with my post

Maybe you should reread your post.....same words used for charges, statues, and guarding commandments, but according to you, they don't mean the same. As I said, you're being intellectually dishonest.

Genesis 2:
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Sabbath is the seventh day, which by our calendar makes it a Saturday. It is the day God rested after creating everything including man and woman. God sanctified it meaning He set it apart from all the other days as a day He rested from all His work. From the time of Adam to that of Mt. Sinai it was never commanded as being a holy day or that all mankind was to rest on that day. It was a holy day as God being Holy and rested that day.

The Hebrew Sabbath was instituted by God given to Moses in Exodus 16 as a day that started from Friday at sunset to Saturday at sunset as a day of remembrance or a memorial of the Exodus exile as God parted the sea bringing the Hebrews to the promised land by defeating their foes. Hebrews used a Lunar Calendar that is different from our Gregorian calendar we use today.

The Sabbath was a ceremonial law practiced and that of the Old Covenant, the same covenant that circumcised and sacrificed animals. Some may literally circumcise, but we do not sacrifice animals anymore. This ceremonial law was only for Israel and not the Gentiles as now under the new covenant that joins Israel and Gentiles together under the grace of God the ceremonial laws no longer exist as Jesus is now our sacrifice whom we find rest in.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back