Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ginseng?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Proboost Thymus protein A is some good stuff for immune system. The thymus gland which is the most important part of the immune system is the first thing to start aging in the human body. It shrinks to nothing by middle age. Its a organ that trains new T cells to fight off diseases etc. Thymus granulars is cheaper product though takes longer to have an effect.

I’m trying to lift my mood without antidepressants. I’m also trying to avoid Saint john’s wort because of drug interactions. I’m currently trying adaptogens which is helping a lot more than I had expected…
this herb doesn't have to much interaction with other drugs though guess it depends on what it is like most things. It's a well studied herb that's safe.

Ashwagandha is a really good adaptogen, I've used it for years.
I definitely experience the calming effect of the herb and healing abilities. A little of my experience with it.

I'm 55 now when I was around 42 my thyroid started declining. I got placed on synthetic thyroid hormones from the doctor. which I never did feel right on it mentally or physically. Every so often had to up the level. After reading more about the thyroid I realized that taking a hormone orally that body should be producing doesn't do anything to help the thyroid recover.

The thyroid will slowly shut down even more because it doesn't need to produce hormones. Unfortunately thyroid removal is needed when there's cancer present sometimes. Other than that a thyroid can be healed and back to operating properly.

I started taking Ashwagandha couple years ago and I've been off the synthetic stuff. My thyroid has been back to normal for awhile. I don't really even need the Ashwagandha for that anymore but I still take it. Helps balance my moods pretty good.

Depression
There is some evidence that ashwagandha may help ease the symptoms of depression. One study found that adults who took ashwagandha experienced a 79% reduction in symptoms of depression, while the group who took a placebo reported a 10% increase in depressive symptoms.

Ashwagandha is well-known for its stress-reducing capabilities, as well as its ability to help ease anxiety, which often occurs alongside depression.

Last edited:
Awesome 😎

I sometimes take Ashwagandha. It’s strange because my official labels all give the indication that I must need sedation but…

I’ve been doing much better with rhodiola and schizandra in the morning on top of my long standing mega vitamin protocol. The rhodiola is definitely mildly stimulating. The schizandra…? Honest I bought it because there’s been a little bit of research on using it with those with schizophrenia. So…

It’s been a helpful combination. Turns out ginseng has been studied in stable schizophrenia too. Seems to help mood and cognition at least in big studies. Each individual’s mileage will vary of course.

In my dream world 🌎 I’d be out of the psych realm 😆 I dunno 🤷‍♂️ I don’t really hear voices or even get bad mood swings but labels stick. Truth? Back when I was barely held together by tranquilizers the problems weren’t psychiatric. Spiritual and physical yes…

Psychiatric? I don’t know if anyone really has any of the labels they come up with. If they do why aren’t more people getting better?

Thanks for your post. 😎

Awesome 😎

I sometimes take Ashwagandha. It’s strange because my official labels all give the indication that I must need sedation but…

I’ve been doing much better with rhodiola and schizandra in the morning on top of my long standing mega vitamin protocol. The rhodiola is definitely mildly stimulating. The schizandra…? Honest I bought it because there’s been a little bit of research on using it with those with schizophrenia. So…

It’s been a helpful combination. Turns out ginseng has been studied in stable schizophrenia too. Seems to help mood and cognition at least in big studies. Each individual’s mileage will vary of course.

In my dream world 🌎 I’d be out of the psych realm 😆 I dunno 🤷‍♂️ I don’t really hear voices or even get bad mood swings but labels stick. Truth? Back when I was barely held together by tranquilizers the problems weren’t psychiatric. Spiritual and physical yes…

Psychiatric? I don’t know if anyone really has any of the labels they come up with. If they do why aren’t more people getting better?

Thanks for your post. 😎
Your welcome, hang in there I certainly hope you continue to have success with adaptogen.

Somethings are necessary to see a doctor like a heart valve replacement. I was born with a defective valve finally gave out on me 3 years ago and I couldn't find a natural remedy for that lol...

Doctors can be absolutely necessary and lifesaving. I’m not anti medicine I’ve just seen the harsh end if psychiatry and…no thanks lol 😆.

One reason I’m trying adaptogens is because antidepressants have been a major let down. Even when I get some benefit there are ill effects and the psychiatrist invariably doesn’t want to hear about it.

Doctors can be absolutely necessary and lifesaving. I’m not anti medicine I’ve just seen the harsh end if psychiatry and…no thanks lol 😆.

One reason I’m trying adaptogens is because antidepressants have been a major let down. Even when I get some benefit there are ill effects and the psychiatrist invariably doesn’t want to hear about it.
Antidepressants isn't a good remedy that's for sure. To many side effects for something that is just masking the issue. And long term use of it can double the chance of developing heart disease all by itself, without any other factors.

Modern medicine and technology can be a good thing. Though doing research on what they prescribe is of virtue as well. Because drug and medical device companies are in it for money mostly. Hospitals and doctors get perks for using their products. Competition to sell the stuff can also lead to malpractice.

When I had my heart valve done it was in the height of covid 19, 2020 the hospital was packed. When I first went in they cleared about half the blockage. That afternoon I felt pretty good walking around ready to go home until the valve replacement a week or so later. But the doctors wanted me to stay there for 8 days. I know why my health insurance. The final bill was 250,000 to them, I paid 600. The hospital charges every little thing each day in a room it can become astronomical.

Last edited:
Update…

I think 🧐 I rather like adaptogens. I think more clearly and I’m better at just doing…life. As best I can tell I can take schizandra daily. Rhodiola should not be consumed daily without a break here and there…and ginseng can be helpful taken daily but stopping now and then can apparently help keep the dosage lower. Ok ✅

Also taking fish 🐠 oil. The alternative health experts say they have good overall health benefits and sufficient doses can maximize uptake of b vitamins and antioxidants. So it should help me get more mileage out of my supplements. Ok ✅

Just a side note 📝

A number of Christian groups have had strained relationships with the medical industry. Early usa 🇺🇸 Pentecostal people are a good example of this ambivalence. I’ve always had problems with the mental health industry and my naive assumption was that the real doctors etc were good and the psych profession was where the fraud and mistreatment were rampant. And now….

I dunno 🤷‍♂️ I get good health care for real physical needs now. I just finished an antibiotic for a rather intense ear 👂 infection. Thankful 🥹 problem?

Taunting at the health place and the on site pharmacy. There’s a fairly large waiting area and then lots and lots of doors 🚪 and…

Ugh 😑 point is with that kind of design plus the rather intense security system it’s easy for the staff to see who’s there and do that mind game taunting routine…

Without me being able to see them. It’s also near a police 👮‍♂️ station so…extra level of fun 🤩 and social control lol 😆

A pharmacist 👨‍⚕️ was fairly openly disrespectful in an under the breath comments sort of way, I’ve had to deal with that sort of stuff from so called professionals in the medical industry since my teenage years…

And it’s tiring. Vexing. I really do think 🤔 my own approach is to simply keep my contact with the health industry to a minimum. God has willed good health for me. Awesome 😎 the orthomolecular therapy seems to minimize illnesses and maximize results from standard treatments. I’m thankful 🥲

And confused 😐 which I think is understandable…

this herb doesn't have to much interaction with other drugs though guess it depends on what it is like most things. It's a well studied herb that's safe.

Ashwagandha is a really good adaptogen, I've used it for years.
I definitely experience the calming effect of the herb and healing abilities. A little of my experience with it.

I'm 55 now when I was around 42 my thyroid started declining. I got placed on synthetic thyroid hormones from the doctor. which I never did feel right on it mentally or physically. Every so often had to up the level. After reading more about the thyroid I realized that taking a hormone orally that body should be producing doesn't do anything to help the thyroid recover.

The thyroid will slowly shut down even more because it doesn't need to produce hormones. Unfortunately thyroid removal is needed when there's cancer present sometimes. Other than that a thyroid can be healed and back to operating properly.

I started taking Ashwagandha couple years ago and I've been off the synthetic stuff. My thyroid has been back to normal for awhile. I don't really even need the Ashwagandha for that anymore but I still take it. Helps balance my moods pretty good.

Depression
There is some evidence that ashwagandha may help ease the symptoms of depression. One study found that adults who took ashwagandha experienced a 79% reduction in symptoms of depression, while the group who took a placebo reported a 10% increase in depressive symptoms.

Ashwagandha is well-known for its stress-reducing capabilities, as well as its ability to help ease anxiety, which often occurs alongside depression.
Do you have any Ashwaganda dosages you would recommend?

Just jumping in here….

Where I buy online the Jarrow brand is the best deal going on a trademarked extract that’s been used in small studies. Vitacost sells the same extract under its brand name but for some reason it costs more. Weird…

I think iherb has better deals overall and I think their brand may still have a really good deal going…

But vitacost has a distribution center near me and iherb crashed my browser lol 😆

Some brands sell other trademarked extracts that have their own set of limited data behind them. Doctors best comes to mind.

I’m not generally big on brand names but I often am with herbal products. Letter vitamins…whatever….

Herbal products astaxanthin…brand name seems to mean better quality control…

Why brands matter?

How are they getting what they sell. Extracted from what part of the original product, by what method.

This is where I am. Protein allergy. Gluten intolerant. Beans don’t work for me.

My recent discovery. When I was running out of ways to get a balanced diet. I seem to have found this:
A peeled potato has less fiber and way lower vitamins.
So actually that nasty looking peel feeds good gut bacteria and me better.
But it might have chemicals? Got that, but a perfect looking peel may be a sure sign of chemicals,

Any way. I started eating the skin,
And
I started gaining weight. Which I need to gain weight. I like to do hard physical labor for hours on end. Which is harder as I age.

So back to ginseng. What part of the plant are you getting? Would closest to natural be best?

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Hi 👋

I go for brand name herbal preparations sometimes just because of how unregulated the supplements industry is…crazy I’m telling you lol 😆

With ginseng and rhodiola and schizandra no brand name for the extract itself but I go for companies I think 🤔 are trustworthy. So for me personally that usually means NOW or Jarrow or Healthy Origins…

Not fancy not deluxe but trustworthy. With the schizandra it’s a whole herb thing…no extract, just the berries dried and crushed and put into capsules…by solaray. It’s a bit fancy for my usual taste but it’s what’s available to me.

The Ashwagandha has been studied. The company even funded a small study of people with the diagnosis of schizophrenia who were at risk of a relapse despite ongoing treatment. So one group got this company’s extract plus their ongoing medication the other group got placebo plus the medication they were already taking. And…

The at risk people who took the extract had remarkable results vs placebo. Fewer hospitalizations fewer increases in medication doses and improvements in sleep anxiety mood and quality of life outcomes. The medication used to treat schizophrenia is not fun and the ideal dose is the lowest effective dose…

So this small company sponsored study is actually a great achievement because it’s a mix of necessary but potentially toxic medication with relatively inexpensive readily available herbal products to achieve safer and more humane treatment.

Awesome 😎

Thanks for your post. 😎
Becareful with tea and herbs. Everything has side effects. Moderation is key.

Becareful with tea and herbs. Everything has side effects. Moderation is key.
I like your statement.

I hope we can complicate it a bit.

Without a known need for a specific supplement, we should use extreme moderation in adding supplements. It is also necessary to know interactions and side effects when using supplements.

Or others may need to help rephrase what I suggested.

I have used a supplement only to discover a problem I created.

eddif

Back