Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

God Can't Do That?

OK all you budding theologians, Here, we will establish pre-rapture posture and then a rapture posture or position. What we come up with, has to be devoid of denominational influence. It may, I hope, become a doctrine that churches who are seeking answers outside of denominational thinking, will look at what we come up with and say YES, that's good.

First of all, before we go into the rapture and End Times, of which we will have to move from this forum to End Times Forum. There are people and Biblical positions that we have to agree upon.

1. Prior to the "Rapture" who is really saved? From what the Scriptures say, who is going to the Kingdom? I have believed that the "Church of Jesus Christ" is made up of 3 types of people. 1. The Bride. (possible example Mt 25:1-13, Ten Virgins) These are the ones in a local church that are very serious of their Salvation and have many works, some private, to prove it. They are a remnant of that church. The rest of the people of that church are somewhere in a scale of 1 to 5. 1 being a seeker, to just saved and those mildly interested.

OK, lets arrive at an understanding of who makes up a typical local assembly. Once this basic question is answered, we will start a new thread in "End Times" to discuss if there is, in fact, a pre-trib rapture, and then who goes in it.

Now!! If anyone thinks this is a bad idea for some reason, let me know please. If you think its a good idea and would like to participate, please let me know because in the future I might call on you to explain something.:)
I think it may be necessary to prove there is a "rapture" in the first place. But this should all be discussed in the End Times forum.

OK, lets arrive at an understanding of who makes up a typical local assembly. Once this basic question is answered, we will start a new thread in "End Times" to discuss if there is, in fact, a pre-trib rapture, and then who goes in it.

You got me Confused Chopper. There is no half Christians, if your lukewarm you are not going to fair well. You obey and serve God or you don't. Half obedience is not going to cut it, Saul came saying that I have done all the Lord said to do and conquered the enemy but Samuel said...... "Is that Sheep I hear?"

This cost Saul everything, and the Lord has not changed.

This is in relations to the end times and how well you are going to fair. Jesus said when He comes and one is taken the other left the servant better be in obedience and doing right. (Matt 24)

As for a Pre or Post trib rapture, you already stated that you believe that the Holy Spirit used the Wrong word Apostasia and should have used a Verb instead because you said it meant the Church going into Apostasy. It don't mean that, so that means you take a Post trib or some other position.

Mike.

You got me Confused Chopper. There is no half Christians, if your lukewarm you are not going to fair well. You obey and serve God or you don't. Half obedience is not going to cut it, Saul came saying that I have done all the Lord said to do and conquered the enemy but Samuel said...... "Is that Sheep I hear?"

This cost Saul everything, and the Lord has not changed.

This is in relations to the end times and how well you are going to fair. Jesus said when He comes and one is taken the other left the servant better be in obedience and doing right. (Matt 24)

As for a Pre or Post trib rapture, you already stated that you believe that the Holy Spirit used the Wrong word Apostasia and should have used a Verb instead because you said it meant the Church going into Apostasy. It don't mean that, so that means you take a Post trib or some other position.

Mike.

As of right now Mike, I don't know anything that is absolutely right. My theology on the local church and the end times are flawed at best. And I don't think you have all the answers either. I'm hoping that between You, and all the other folk who have entered this thread and myself can come up with a theology of who makes up a local church and what happens prior to the tribulation, and what about the "rebellion? What about the rapture? There is a lot to discuss about end times with all of us having thoughts about these things. Is it possible for us to come to an agreement over these or not.

You have actually mentioned the first topic of our new project....WHO MAKES UP THE LOCAL CHURCH. You mention "lukewarm Christians." Lets talk about that. Are they in a typical church?

I think it may be necessary to prove there is a "rapture" in the first place. But this should all be discussed in the End Times forum.

You are right Free, I want to go to the "End times" forum now. I think that will solve any overlaping comments and still be in the right forum. OK?

OK folks....Lets go to the END TIMES Forum to continue our comments....See you there.:wave
As of right now Mike, I don't know anything that is absolutely right. My theology on the local church and the end times are flawed at best. And I don't think you have all the answers either. I'm hoping that between You, and all the other folk who have entered this thread and myself can come up with a theology of who makes up a local church and what happens prior to the tribulation, and what about the "rebellion? What about the rapture? There is a lot to discuss about end times with all of us having thoughts about these things. Is it possible for us to come to an agreement over these or not.

You have actually mentioned the first topic of our new project....WHO MAKES UP THE LOCAL CHURCH. You mention "lukewarm Christians." Lets talk about that. Are they in a typical church?
Mike....go to end times forum.
Yup Chopper as we get older we all have unlearn it seems...:bricks
Reba....go to END TIMES forum.

1. Prior to the "Rapture" who is really saved?
I think we need to establish what the pre-rapture salvation offers or offered salvation from. I believe the answer to be salvation from the judgment and wrath of the Lord on Israel for rejecting the Messiah and persecuting his elect.

From what the Scriptures say, who is going to the Kingdom?

The saints (aka The Bride of the Christ) would appear to be the answer. Saints, according to the scriptures are sanctified individuals that have been set apart for the Lord by his Holy Spirit. These folks were sealed with God's Spirit and 'marked' for a place in the Kingdom of the Heavens.

I think we need to establish what the pre-rapture salvation offers or offered salvation from. I believe the answer to be salvation from the judgment and wrath of the Lord on Israel for rejecting the Messiah and persecuting his elect.

The saints (aka The Bride of the Christ) would appear to be the answer. Saints, according to the scriptures are sanctified individuals that have been set apart for the Lord by his Holy Spirit. These folks were sealed with God's Spirit and 'marked' for a place in the Kingdom of the Heavens.

Please go the "End Times" forum. Thanks

Back