Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

God chastises us for our unrepentant sins so that we will turn from them.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

gideon3213

Hello every one, I am suprised at how many christians there are that do not know this basic fact! It is true that God forgives us when we repent, but if after we have been forgiven for all of our sins, we turn around and start sinning again, then God starts chastising us until we finally turn from those sins and start walking in obediance to His will! Heres some new testament scriptures that prove this:

Heb 12:3-11
For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. 4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin. 5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:
"My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; 6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives."
7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. NKJV

1 Cor 11:27-32
Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world. NKJV

Rev 3:19
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. KJV

Rev 2:20-23
20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. 21 And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. 22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works. NKJV

have a great day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello every one, I am suprised at how many christians there are that do not know this basic fact! It is true that God forgives us when we repent, but if after we have been forgiven for all of our sins, we turn around and start sinning again, then God starts chastising us until we finally turn from those sins and start walking in obediance to His will! Heres some new testament scriptures that prove this:

Heb 12:3-11
For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. 4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin. 5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:
"My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; 6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives."
7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. NKJV

1 Cor 11:27-32
Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world. NKJV

Rev 3:19
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. KJV

Rev 2:20-23
20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. 21 And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. 22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works. NKJV

have a great day.

Elijah here:
Just wondering if you caught the 'full' content of verse 8. A PARTAKER, who is severed from God by his own failed cross bearing! Perhaps like many of the Lukewarn 'membership' of Rev. 3:16

They might have even be called of God (Rom. 8:14 LED) to go forward into the ministry, yet, just settle for their own lukewarm 'desires'? (perhaps even a mod?)

One might just ask theirself about all of the denomination's of Rev. 17:5 being bogged down with 'educated' Jer. 17:5 ones even, and hardly no two 'will agree' on anything much? And still claim to be a Heb. 12:5 PARTAKER, huh???

And 'God scourges every son that he receiveth'! Surely these ones must have missed the point?? If they are a son even yet?

Elijah here:
Just wondering if you caught the 'full' content of verse 8. A PARTAKER, who is severed from God by his own failed cross bearing! Perhaps like many of the Lukewarn 'membership' of Rev. 3:16

They might have even be called of God (Rom. 8:14 LED) to go forward into the ministry, yet, just settle for their own lukewarm 'desires'? (perhaps even a mod?)

One might just ask theirself about all of the denomination's of Rev. 17:5 being bogged down with 'educated' Jer. 17:5 ones even, and hardly no two 'will agree' on anything much? And still claim to be a Heb. 12:5 PARTAKER, huh???

And 'God scourges every son that he receiveth'! Surely these ones must have missed the point?? If they are a son even yet?

Come on man, look at the bible, When the bible says things like "you have forsaken you first love" means they were once "hot" and now God will spit them out of his mouth (how do you spit out what was never there to begin with), the bible is clear on this... Jesus wrote to the 7 churches asking some of them to turn (repent), so he wouldn't have to remove their lampstand (loss salvation), this teaching is very simple.... there is no point in 3/4 of the bible if you can never lose salvation.... How many people would go to work if they could never be fired, pretty much everyone would just sit at home and collect paychecks....

Come on man, look at the bible, When the bible says things like "you have forsaken you first love" means they were once "hot" and now God will spit them out of his mouth (how do you spit out what was never there to begin with), the bible is clear on this... Jesus wrote to the 7 churches asking some of them to turn (repent), so he wouldn't have to remove their lampstand (loss salvation), this teaching is very simple.... there is no point in 3/4 of the bible if you can never lose salvation.... How many people would go to work if they could never be fired, pretty much everyone would just sit at home and collect paychecks....
according to peter loose you salvation and never be forgiven.

if we sin willfully.
so if we sin after we know what that its sin then we cant be forgiven.

and are there perfect christians these days who always dont sin even when they know they are wrong?

if we sin willfully.

and are there perfect christians these days who always dont sin even when they know they are wrong?

Please specify your verse and elaborate, not sure where you are going with this??

Please specify your verse and elaborate, not sure where you are going with this??

if we sin knowingly after we are aware of it that sin cant be forgiven.

its in hebrews as well.
kjv from hebrew 10:26 till it ends

26For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

30For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

33Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.

34For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

35Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

37For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

38Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

39But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

if we sin willfully

what does that word willfully mean?

if we sin knowingly after we are aware of it that sin cant be forgiven.

its in hebrews as well.
kjv from hebrew 10:26 till it ends

26For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

30For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

33Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.

34For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

35Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

37For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

38Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

39But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

if we sin willfully

what does that word willfully mean?

thanks for posting that, it goes hand in hand with the fact that we are not "always saved", the word willful obviously goes back to the idea that we willfully decide to remain in sin and not repent, hence the reason that bible talks about God being sure we are not "snatched from his hand" but if we WILLFUL walk out of his hand then there is nothing left for us...

Re: God chastises us for our unrepentant sins so that we will turn from them.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Elijah674
Elijah here:

Elijah here: And you post this below to me young'in?? (oh, and I forgot what your handle was! ;))

But you say:

You do not read [post] to well it seems! For your own sake, read 2 Cor. 4:2

--Elijah

thanks for posting that, it goes hand in hand with the fact that we are not "always saved", the word willful obviously goes back to the idea that we willfully decide to remain in sin and not repent, hence the reason that bible talks about God being sure we are not "snatched from his hand" but if we WILLFUL walk out of his hand then there is nothing left for us...

one sin such as stealing a pen that you know isnt yours.

and know the word and the lord's command means that you cant be forgiven

as that was willful.

one sin such as stealing a pen that you know isnt yours.

and know the word and the lord's command means that you cant be forgiven

as that was willful.

What? Are you being facetious? That is not true.

What? Are you being facetious? That is not true.

if one takes that verse that way.

what? God says all sin leads to death or does he not?

if i steal your car or your pen isnt that not agianst that thou not shalt not steal?

stealing is stealing no matter how large or small that larcenious act.

if one takes that verse that way.

what? God says all sin leads to death or does he not?

if i steal your car or your pen isnt that not agianst that thou not shalt not steal?

stealing is stealing no matter how large or small that larcenious act.

LOL! Well, you aren't going to negate all that Jesus has done for you on the cross by stealing a pen. You block His spirit working in you--you quench Him, and you will forfeit reward if you do not repent of it, but if you know Jesus Christ, you will repent or we are left wondering if you are saved at all.

Let's be real here, though...every single Christian will see Jesus Christ at His Bema Seat with some stain of sin on Him. That is why our works must pass through the fire. We cannot be so rigid and perfect in our walk with God that every sin or sinful thought or attitude has been taken to the foot of the cross!

Jesus died for all our sin, past present and future. We are His once and for all.

LOL! Well, you aren't going to negate all that Jesus has done for you on the cross by stealing a pen. you block His spirit working in you--you quench Him, and you will forfeit reward if you do not repent of it, but if you know Jesus Christ, you will repent or we are left wondering if you are saved at all.

Let's be real here, though...every single Christian will see Jesus Christ at His Bema Seat with some stain of sin on Him. That is why our works must pass through the fire. We cannot be so rigid and perfect in our walk with God that every sin or sinful thought or attitude has been taken to the foot of the cross!

Jesus died for all our sin, past present and future. We are His once and for all.

i know this,but i use that agaisnst that argument for those that say we can loose our salvation of willful sins.

hello, christian we know better if we read the bible and sin when do know its sin.

i know this,but i use that agaisnst that argument for those that say we can loose our salvation of willful sins.

hello, christian we know better if we read the bible and sin when do know its sin.

Well.. your post is getting close to a correct understanding. (forget the other ones Jer. 17:5 stuff!) James 1:15 finds even one sin not forsaken will in time find you at the point where the Holy Spitrit is unable to reach them! (anyone)

Note the start of sin in 1 John 5:16-17. All sin is sin, yet there is the SIN UNTO DEATH. How do you think that the ones of pre/flood got there? THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS STRIVING WITH THEM FOR 120 YEARS! And now compare the Rev. 17:1-5 ones?? They too have had the Holy Spirit STRIVING WITH THEM for well past any 120 Years! Can they be reached?? NO. They are prophesied LOST! And these are 'whole' churchs. The individual member has a warning in Rev. 18:4 that is a 'do it or die fact'! (And that is God's Word!)

OK: How did these ones get to this point of 'the Sin Against The Holy Ghost'???
God tel's you through the Inspiration of David in Psalms 19:13 The GREAT TRANSGRESSION comes about by PRESUMPTION, or sinning when we know that we are sinning. We are to be LED of The Holy Spirit! Rom. 8:14 & just will not budge!

And your posting flaunts stealing a pen?? (No True Christian would cheat on their income tax! yet, cheat on your income tax & see how easy it becomes??) Try lieing. (see Acts 5:1-10 )If one lies a few times it is not long befor there is just hardly any way to quit! (Rev. 21:27) And a theif is no different. See James 2:8-12.

Now, we are talking of the ones who had been Rom. 8:1 JUSTIFIED & just will not be Rom. 8:14 'LED' of the Holy Spirit. Born Again ones!! Rev. 3:16 finds the COLD ones easier to be reached than these LUKEWARM ones.

And Davids prayer was for God to keep Him back from Presumptous sins, and not let them not have DOMINION over him, and [THEN HE WOULD BE INNOCENT OF THE GREAT TRANGRESSION.] All open known sins requires overcoming! Phil. 4:13 & 2 Cor. 12:9

--Elijah

Elijah674 said:
Rev. 3:16 finds the COLD ones easier to be reached than these LUKEWARM ones.
Correction re: Revelation 3:16 NLT
But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!

The cold ones in that passage are strong believers, just as the hot ones are.

Elijah here:

Hello elijah! I agree that one proof that someone is truly saved is that God chastises them when the sin! If I were somone who thought that I was a christian and I was never chastised by God for my sins, i would have to say that I was not a true Christian! But I can say wih all honesty that Ihave been chastised by God on many occasions. The purpose of it is to turn us from sin!

Happy new year!

um, this thread is not about the loss of salvation. it is about God chastising us for our sins so that we will turn from them and walk in holiness before God. But it is true that if you harden your heart when God chastises you, and you absolutely will not repent of your sin, that you will come to a point where you will lose your salvation! For if the chastisement does not bring you to repentance, then there is nothing more that God will do. HE will not allow willful, unrepeantant, hard harted, rebelious people in His heaven!

Happy new year.

if we sin willfully.

Heb 10:26-31 is talking about the sin of aposticy, not the sin of committing one willful sin! I have gone into great deatail on this in my treatise that I have posted on the subject. Heres the link to that treatise:

http://www.christianforums.net/f17/...r-can-forfiet-their-salvation-treatise-32593/

Happy New Year.

Correction re: Revelation 3:16 NLT
But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!

The cold ones in that passage are strong believers, just as the hot ones are.

this is pure nonsence duck!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back