Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study God chose the Israelites to be His example for others to follow

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
That's fine, but I'm pretty sure F-16's, tanks, and nuclear weapons were not a part of that example.
It's no different then swords, axes, spears, mace, catapults etc. etc. that the Israelites used in the bronze age. It's like today with only different technologies for defense.

During its long history, Jerusalem has been destroyed at least twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times. The war will never stop against Israel until Christ returns.

During its long history, Jerusalem has been destroyed at least twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times. The war will never stop against Israel until Christ returns.

That's quite some "protection" God is holding up for the "apple of His eye" there.... Guess that whole bit about God being their Protector and Shield isn't turning out so well. No wonder you need your weapons.

God is the Defender of the widow, of the oppressed, of the defenseless. And those people are not the Israelis. They are the Palestinians. And Israel is not David. Israel is Goliath.

It's n
That's quite some "protection" God is holding up for the "apple of His eye" there.... Guess that whole bit about God being their Protector and Shield isn't turning out so well. No wonder you need your weapons.

God is the Defender of the widow, of the oppressed, of the defenseless. And those people are not the Israelis. They are the Palestinians. And Israel is not David. Israel is Goliath.
It's not so much about God's protection, but who we should fear in all judgement as it is not this flesh that God protects as it will die, but our very soul that God will protect to all who are faithful to Him.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Here's a little history about Israel trying to protect their land as we can see how the many battles they have fought and that of God also going before them in Battle.

The first battle mention in scripture is found in Genesis 14:1-24. Shinar, Ellasar and Elam became known later in scripture as being Babylon, which is now modern day Iraq. These kings have always fought and taken captive Gods covenant people starting with Lot who was Abraham's nephew in whom Abraham took his army and fought against these four eastern kings and defeated them. This first battle was about controlling power, greed and monopoly on international trade (economics) as they tried to defeat everyone who opposed them as they took captive not only possessions from others, but also held them captive those who would not bow down to their false gods. As history repeats itself this same ruling Empire that has existed since the time of Abraham and going clear back to Nimrod and the Tower of Babel will also take place in the end of days when the beast rises out of the sea and gives power to the beast out of the earth who will exercise all the power of the first beast before him. The beast out of the earth will have ruling power over economics, political and a one order religion, Rev Chapter 13.

We know how history repeats itself as Jerusalem has been destroyed twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times as these eastern kings will always try to take posession of what God gave to Abraham through the covenant God made with him in Genesis 12:1-3 and all his generation after him. This will continue until the last day when Christ returns, John 6:40, as these four kings are that of the controlling power within the four nations Daniel speaks of in Daniel Chapter 7 with the last one that received a deadly wound, but the wound has been healed, Revelation 13:3. The four nations are: Babylonian Empire: Iraq (the lion), Medo, Persian Empire: Iran (the ribs of the bear), Grecian Empire: (Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt) four wings of the leopard, Roman Empire: (Iron represents the stronghold this nation had and still has). Daniel chapter 2 mentions the iron element of this empire that it to will be divided and broken as God will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed.

The beast rises up out of the sea as the sea here is symbolic of people and nations as in a sea of humanity, Daniel Chapter 7:1-8; Revelation 17:15. The beast was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies and power was given unto him to continue for three and a half years which equals 1260 days, Daniel 7:25; 12:7; Revelation 11:2, 3. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints and to overcome them and power was given him over all kindred’s, and tongues, and nations as this beast is the same as the four eastern kings found in Genesis 14:1-24 and Daniel Chapter 7.

Notice the fourth king in Genesis 14:1 was king over many nations as Satan worked through him as well as the other three kings, Genesis 14:14:1. This is the same with the beast out of the earth, that is the son of perdition/last antichrist) that Satan works through who will try to devour all those of faith in God and His Son Christ Jesus, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12; Rev 13:11-18. Daniel 7:24, 25 and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, He will think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time (3 1/2 years). This fourth king (beast out of the earth) whose deadly wound came in 1798 and the wound was healed in 1929 is even now plotting for economic, political, military and religious control as he is the son of perdition who is the last false prophet (antichrist) who by lying signs and wonders will cause a great falling away from God, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8 in as much as he can deceive the very elect if possible, Matthew 24:24.

The 490 years were up and many of the Jews not only did not repent but they killed the very Messiah they had been waiting for as well as in 24 A.D. they made an opened display of rejecting the Gospel message as they stoned Stephen being the final messenger that was sent to give them their last chance to repent.
Your post was very educational, and I thank you for posting it here.

I have documented dozens of incidents where IDF snipers singled out and murdered Palestinian children. The Israelis have not changed. They are not a morally inspired people.

Personally, I would not lose any sleep if Egypt and the other local states join in and go to war against Israel. Again, I repeat, the Israelis are an ungodly people.

In my view their only chance for a future is to acknowledge their ungodly ways, repent, ask the Lord for forgiveness while seeking peace with its neighbors.
If they do a wave of peace will follow

My bet is they will not which seals their short lived ungodly ways.
(:-

Last edited:
As a Christian, do you believe God is pleased with his chosen or not?
The nation that is today called Israel is not the Israel of the Bible. Today Israel is the Church. The physical children of Abraham are no longer exclusively Israel. Those who are the physical children of Abraham who do not believe in Jesus are cut off from Israel, and those who are not the physical children of Abraham who do believe in Jesus are grafted into Israel. This is the point of the post below.

Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Read Romans Chapter 9 for the full context of who are God's own.

I absolutely do not accept/believe in Replacement Theology. WE are the ones grafted/adopted. You are trying to justify the attempted murder of Jews by basically saying "They deserve this." Shame on you.

I absolutely do not accept/believe in Replacement Theology. WE are the ones grafted/adopted. You are trying to justify the attempted murder of Jews by basically saying "They deserve this." Shame on you.
No justification is implied or attempted. The conflict over there is nothing short of tragic and horrendous,

My only point was that the nation of Israel, and the land they now hold, are not the Israel of the NT. NT Israel is the body of believers in Christ. That is not "replacement", it is (as you said) grafting in. Those who are the children of Abraham who believe in Christ are the Israel of the NT. And those of us Gentiles who believe in Christ also are grafted into NT Israel. Now the fact that there are vastly more Gentile believers than there are Jewish believers makes it look like the Church replaced Israel, but the reality is that the we didn't replace them, we are the outgrowth of them.

Your post was very educational, and I thank you for posting it here.

I have documented dozens of incidents where IDF snipers singled out and murdered Palestinian children. The Israelis have not changed. They are not a morally inspired people.

Personally, I would not lose any sleep if Egypt and the other local states join in and go to war against Israel. Again, I repeat, the Israelis are an ungodly people.

In my view their only chance for a future is to acknowledge their ungodly ways, repent, ask the Lord for forgiveness while seeking peace with its neighbors.
If they do a wave of peace will follow

My bet is they will not which seals their short lived ungodly ways.
(:-
I can agree as not all Israelites are God's own, but saved a remnant that are His own from every generation up to the time of Christ return.

Back