Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

God has only one name made known to us.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
glorydaz said:
mdo757 said:
The Trinitarian formula did not appear until the 4th century AD. Do you trust the Catholic Church to canonize scriptures?

What is it about the "trinitarian formula" that bothers you so much.
It does say there is only one God...right?
Is it because they call the manifestation of God "persons"?
The word of God is divine, but the men who have translated it are not. Valentinus in his book entitled by him 'On the Three Natures'. He was the first to invent three hypostases and three persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and it has been discovered to have been from Hermes and Plato; for the Pagans and Gnostic's believed in trinities.

• This is what Yahwah said about Yahshua.
Psa 89:26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
Psa 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
Psa 89:28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.

mdo757 said:
The Trinitarian formula did not appear until the 4th century AD.
No friend, the TRUTH that Jesus is God has existed since the beginning. The scriptures PROVE the fact and the CC simply acknowledged it.
Do you trust the Catholic Church to canonize scriptures?
No, I dont trust ANY man.
I do, however, trust GOD to use even sinful men to do HIS will of keeping His word for His children.

mdo757 said:
  • This is what Yahwah said about Yahshua.
Psa 89:26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
Psa 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
Psa 89:28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.
yeah....great....now if that were the ONLY data we have then you MIGHT have an argument. :nono

Jesus IS the Word and the Word IS God.
Im afraid you and others here will have to come to terms with that FACT :)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overtake it.

There was a man sent from God; his name was John. This one came as a witness, to bear witness concerning the Light, so that all might believe through him. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. He was the true Light; He enlightens every man coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own received Him not. But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to become the children of God, to those who believe on His name, who were born, not of bloods, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God.

And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us.
And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth. John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, This was He of whom I spoke: He who comes after me has been before me, for He was preceding me. And out of His fullness we all have received, and grace for grace. For the Law came through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
(John 1:1-17 MKJV)
Starting 20 more new threads about it AINT gonna make it go away

John 8:54
Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.

John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "

mdo757 said:
The word of God is divine, but the men who have translated it are not.

Its always the same lines with false ones.
The translators are all wrong. :nono
I guess God couldnt find any man at all to keep His word preserved and thus ALL of our bibles in every language are subject to being entirely in error...right ?
May as well turn to Islam, I suppose.

Valentinus in his book entitled by him 'On the Three Natures'.
He was the first to invent three hypostases and three persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and it has been discovered to have been from Hermes and Plato; for the Pagans and Gnostic's believed in trinities.
SO WHAT !
So Satan mimicks the things of God....SO WHAT!

mdo757 said:
John 8:54
Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.

John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "
Again
Jesus IS the Word and the Word IS God.
Deal with it.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overtake it.

There was a man sent from God; his name was John. This one came as a witness, to bear witness concerning the Light, so that all might believe through him. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. He was the true Light; He enlightens every man coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own received Him not. But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to become the children of God, to those who believe on His name, who were born, not of bloods, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God.

And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth. John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, This was He of whom I spoke: He who comes after me has been before me, for He was preceding me. And out of His fullness we all have received, and grace for grace. For the Law came through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

I wish moderation would stop this continual problem of once ONE thread has started on a given topic and the points all been shown that no one else be allowed to come in and start half a dozen more threads on the same topic again.
Its almost like some here think if they keep badgering a point over and over with new threads every day that we're just going to shut up and let fallacy and error go unhindered.

mdo757 said:
Cornelius said:
Jer 3:19.........' And I said, 'You shall call Me, My Father,.............
A term of endearment, not a personal name. Yahwah said "you shall call me, My Father."

It was what Jesus taught us to call God. He is my Father :) The spirit within my cries out :Father !

Jesus said, when you pray ( I guess this must mean every time we speak to God ) we must say OUR FATHER.

So I am going with that. If there is One we can trust, its Jesus. He never called the Father anything else but Father.

follower of Christ said:
I wish moderation would stop this continual problem of once ONE thread has started on a given topic and the points all been shown that no one else be allowed to come in and start half a dozen more threads on the same topic again.
Its almost like some here think if they keep badgering a point over and over with new threads every day that we're just going to shut up and let fallacy and error go unhindered.
Obviously you trust the Vati-can to can-onize scriptures, and their dog-ma. Who cares about facts, as long as it is what you want to believe. Is it the Christian way to cover up any problems?

Cornelius said:
mdo757 said:
Cornelius said:
Jer 3:19.........' And I said, 'You shall call Me, My Father,.............
A term of endearment, not a personal name. Yahwah said "you shall call me, My Father."

It was what Jesus taught us to call God. He is my Father :) The spirit within my cries out :Father !

Jesus said, when you pray ( I guess this must mean every time we speak to God ) we must say OUR FATHER.

So I am going with that. If there is One we can trust, its Jesus. He never called the Father anything else but Father.
We do call Him Father, and He does have a personal name.

mdo757 said:
irregardless, Jesus IS the Word and the Word IS God.
That is fact, Im afraid, and those who despise the Trinity are simply going to have to accept it

:)

mdo757 said:
Obviously you trust the Vati-can to can-onize scriptures, and their dog-ma.

I think you need to learn to read :)
*I* trust GOD.
And I trust that God can use ANY man or ANY group of men, good or evil, to accomplish His will.
I dont trust you, I dont trust any man. I DO trust GOD to have preserved His word thru ANY man HE chose to use.
One has to wonder just what bible youre using, gent. I mean, is there a bible in existence that ISNT tainted by the choices made during canonization ?
Tell us what bible YOU use.

Who cares about facts, as long as it is what you want to believe.
Exactly.
So why should you believe that John 1 CLEARLY shows about Jesus Christ ?

Is it the Christian way to cover up any problems?
You tell us.

Could it be that the article “a†is missing do to the scripture being translated from Aramaic or Hebrew?

Definite and indefinite
The prefixed definite article ha- (with germination of the first consonant in the noun, except where Hebrew phonological rules prohibit the gemination) indicates definiteness.

There is no indefinite article, so that, for example, ?? yad can mean either simply ‘hand’ or “a hand.â€

Sporadically in the Bible, especially in Israelian Hebrew material, and more regularly in Mishnaic Hebrew, the numeral “1â€, masc. ??? ehad, fem. ??? ahat serves as the indefinite article, thus, e.g., ??? or ??? is ehad, either “one†-man or “a†-manâ€, depending on the context.
John 10:33. "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be (or: a) God."
34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? 35If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?
Could it be that the article “a†is missing do to the scripture being translated from Aramaic or Hebrew?

Should we hide things or what?
Matthew 10:27
What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs

follower of Christ said:
mdo757 said:
That is fact, Im afraid, and those who despise the Trinity are simply going to have to accept it

The same substance theory came from Gnosticism. If you should care!

mdo757 said:
follower of Christ said:
mdo757 said:

The same substance theory came from Gnosticism. If you should care!
No, friend, I DONT care.
So Satan MIMICS the things of God...AGAIN I say SO WHAT !

Jesus IS the Word and the Word IS GOD !

mdo757 said:
Should we hide things or what?
Matthew 10:27
What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs
So WHY do you keep trying to hide from the CLEAR explaination the Apostle John gives us of who Jesus Christ IS ????

We're proclaiming His truth from the rooftops...ARE YOU HEARING ??? :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back