Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God in the New Testament is a lot friendlier

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

I have heard some say this: God in the New Testament is a lot friendlier. But God didn't change at all. What do ya think???

This reminds me of those childlike statemets we made while we were kids: I prefer Jesus to God. Jesus doesn't get angry often. :lol Stupid of us...wasn't it. (We read a lot in those days, the OT and then the NT. His dying on the Cross and such things. I think His death and sacrifice prompted that thought: We prefered Jesus. Kids remain kids

Last edited by a moderator:
That is because the OT is the history and establishment of the laws for the Jews.

The NT is the Jesus story, the new covenant, and the rise of social equality...which Judaism completely rejects.

Two different histories, different writing styles, each trying to prove a series of points.

I have heard some say this: God in the New Testament is a lot friendlier. But God didn't change at all. What do ya think???
He did not change - He still has His same standards.

But His way of interacting with us DID change, when Jesus died for our sins.

The change is obvious to me, and is another testament to who Jesus was.

And IS.

John chapter 1 says: 'the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ'. (For more profit, read the chapter further.)

2.1: This is a Christian site, therefore, any attempt to put down Christianity
and the basic tenets of our Faith will be considered a hostile act. Please read:
Statement of Faith
Active promotion of
sinful behavior will not be permitted. This includes promotion of homosexual
behaviour
Do not make statements either by posts or posting URLs to other
Websites which advocate activities, beliefs or teachings contrary to those of
Christianity as articulated by the historic creeds, as understood by
Evangelicalism, and as interpreted by the christianforums.net Leadership's sole
discretion edited by staff

John 12:31-32 "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out(viz. now the whole inner/domestic power of satan will permanently be destroyed). And I, if(i.e. and when) I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.",

John 14:30 "Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world(i.e. the wicked) cometh, and hath nothing in me.",

Matthew 27:50-56 "Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom(viz. all malign ordinances in God's covenant/testament has been annulled); and the earth did quake(viz. the powers did shake), and the rocks rent(viz. and the whole inner/domestic power of satan has permanently been removed/destroyed); And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God. And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him: Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children.",

Colossians 2:14-15 "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances(i.e. annulling the human/satanic part of the ordinances in God's covenant/testament) that was against us(i.e. which was prejudicial to the people), which was contrary to us(i.e. which was adverse to us), and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; |And| having spoiled principalities and powers(i.e. having denounced the unrighteous spiritual/religious systems and powers), he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.",

Galatians 4:3-8 "when we were children(i.e. when we were oppressed), were in bondage under the elements of the world(i.e. under the imperfect/unrighteous creeds): But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of(i.e. made/born by) a woman, made(i.e. born) under the law(i.e. under the system of human religion), To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father(viz. disclosing/revealing that God actually is absolutely good). Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.",

Matthew 18:10-14 "Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones(i.e. anyone of the humans); for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones(i.e. that any of the humans) should perish."

Blessings

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, at times, I read the OT with fear and panicking in my heart. The NT seems like 'anything goes' to me... grace grace grace:biggrinunno :confused :shrug

It is hardly anything goes, but may seem so in comparison. MY father in law was a very cruel, self centered man. My husband has a hard time relating to father God because of the deep emotional wounds of his childhood.. If it were not for Jesus demonstrating the Father to us, I doubt that he would be saved, he has such a hard time trusting Father God. IT is even hard for him to transfer the example of Jesus to the Father.
SO some people desperately need to see the grace of the new testament, One of the things I used to tell my husband was that I love him just because "you are you". I love him for himself, not for what he does or does'nt do. THat is how God loves. FOr it is while we were yet sinners that Christ died for us. Fotunately He doesn't leave us there but cleanses us from all unrighteousness as we behold His face and put off the old man of our former life.. 2 Cor. 3:16-18.

It is hardly anything goes, but may seem so in comparison. MY father in law was a very cruel, self centered man. My husband has a hard time relating to father God because of the deep emotional wounds of his childhood.. If it were not for Jesus demonstrating the Father to us, I doubt that he would be saved, he has such a hard time trusting Father God. IT is even hard for him to transfer the example of Jesus to the Father.SO some people desperately need to see the grace of the new testament, One of the things I used to tell my husband was that I love him just because "you are you". I love him for himself, not for what he does or does'nt do. THat is how God loves. FOr it is while we were yet sinners that Christ died for us. Fotunately He doesn't leave us there but cleanses us from all unrighteousness as we behold His face and put off the old man of our former life.. 2 Cor. 3:16-18.
:wave Thanks alot

When the law Old testament was given to Moses, God said that His Face could not be seen. The the purpose of the law was to make ALL MEN GUILTY BEFORE GOD. God told Moses that tell the people they cannot come near me? Because all men are sinners. God hide Himself from man by the law.
THE NEW TESTAMENT! declares that Jesus Christ is the exspress image of God. If you have seen Him you have seen the Father.
So the reason some cannot understand who God is? Is because your doctrines are a mixture of the old and the New!

2 cor 3 For even until this day their hearts and minds are blinded at the reading of Moses and the Old testament? Blinded from what? seeing the Glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
Instead of trying to teach others? some of you should humble yourselves and go to Christ and learn of Him. For his yoke is easy and His burden is light.

The bible itself explains why some can never understand it!

By comparing both testaments side by side, It seems that God actually ramped up the punishment. Originally, the People of God just had to fallow the original covenant or he would punish these people directly. This didn't seem to work so the New testament decided to add a new loop hole, while also making the punishment more sever. Now the rules are you have to love and live your life by the new covenant ( Jesus and his teaching/ reaffirmation) or you will be punished for eternity. The Punishment used to be finite, now its peppermint. Some could argue that the reward is greater, but is it really any better?

This is not an attack, but just how the terms changed when the sacrifice of Jesus took place in Christianity.

I TELL YOU! some of you are not willing to hear the truth!

Jesus Christ is the express image of God! If you want to know who God is look at Jesus! If you see Him? you will see the Father! The end of all debate on Gods Nature and character is His Person!

How about the book of Revelation? The lamb of God will come back as the Lion of Judah!
I agree! who did the book warn? the Church! religion! who did the Lord confront when He walk the earth? religion! false religion! Jesus Christ has given His grace and His Love without price. I tell you some on this forum has rejected the truth of His Goodness. They teach a false Jesus and false Spirit. another gospel! Yes! religion has taken the most holy of all things? The person of the Lord Jesus and turned His gospel into a lie! Yes all false religion will suffer a great deal when the seals of that book are opened! But to those who are humble He will become as a servant! The the religious and the proud and those who currupt His Image? It would be better that they had never been born. so you see God has revealed His Mercy in the Face of Christ! but the time is coming when the doors of mercy will be shut! And those who reject His grace will have the jugdment of God. For judgment will be without mercy for those who have shown no mercy. But mercy always rejoices over judgment.

Gods unconditional love and forgivness has been revealed! Those who despise it? will not have it! For I say to you unless one becomes as a little child, they cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. The harlot will be saved before the hypocrite!

Back