Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God is a forgiving God!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Chongshipei

The Christian God is a forgiving God. He is so forgiving that an evil man can repent even on his death bed. It does not matter what crime the evil man might have committed during his earthly life. The evil man might kill millions of people. The evil man might have raped women and abused children. The evil man might be the most evil person on earth. Yet, if on his death bed, he repented of his sins and asked Jesus into his life to be his savior, the Christian God will forgive him of all the evil he had done during his life. That is just how forgiving the Christian God can be.
This forgiveness of the Christian God, that is so unlimited in its depth, is a stumbling block for many people. Many people cannot accept the depth of God's forgiveness. They think that God is unjust to let a truly evil man escape his punishment simply because the evil man repents of his sins at the very last minute. These people think that the evil person ought to be punished for his sins and does not deserve to be forgiven. These views reflect not on the flaws of the Christian God but reflect on the flaws of the people who hold these views.

In Ezekiel 18:21-29, the bible talks about how a wicked man will be forgiven if he turns from his sins and decides to do righteous arts, and the Israelites are not happy with this fact. To them, God is unjust, because He forgives the wicked man. Yet, God refutes the Israelites by saying that it is not God who is unjust, but it is the Israelites that are unjust.

When a person cannot accept that God will forgive a very evil man who repents at the last minute, the person is the one who is at fault. God's forgiveness has no flaw. God is so forgiving that He will give chances to the most evil of men. The person who finds fault with the forgiveness of God is the one at fault. He or she reveals his or her lack of forgiveness. Perfect forgiveness means being able to accept and forgive even the most evil of men. God is perfectly forgiving, and hence He is able to forgive a repenting evil man. People who criticize God for His perfect forgiveness only reflect their own imperfect forgiveness. Unlike God, such people have a limit to their forgiveness. They are able only to forgive minor sinners, they are not able to forgive major sinners. This flaw in forgiveness from such people is in reality a sin. Therefore, it is no wonder that God questions the justness of such people in Ezekiel 18:21-29.

Knowing that it is a fault to not forgive someone, we as Christians ought to be able to forgive and love the most evil of all men. Knowing that God's forgiveness is extended to everyone, including even the most evil of men, we as Christians need to change the way in which we perceive sinners. When we see an evil person, we ought to pray for his or her salvation instead of his or her destruction. Sadly, that is not what we are doing today. When we see a Muslim terrorist, we want the terrorist to be brought to justice. We desire the terrorist to die. We yearn for the death of a wicked person more than the salvation of such a person. In this manner, our hearts are not forgiving. We do not see sinners with the eyes of God. We need to repent of our unforgiving hearts and start to see sinners in a forgiving light.

We need to be like Stephen in Acts 7:60, who pray for God not to hold the people who stoned him guilty. Stephen forgave the evil men who stoned him to death. He had a heart of forgiveness for evil people. This heart of forgiveness in Stephen probably led to the conversion of the evil Saul, who would later become the famous Paul.
Saul was an evil man. He persecuted the Christians and he approved the death of Stephen. Yet, this same evil man was forgiven by God, and he repented and became an apostle of great faith. It was this evil man Saul, who later became Paul that God used to bring the gospels to the gentiles, namely us.

Think how great it will be if all the evil men like the dictator leader of North Korea, Osama Bin Laden and all terrorist repented and become like Paul. This will bring more glories, honors and praises to God than their deaths. Therefore, as Christians, we ought to pray for the salvations of all men, including very evil, very undeserving men.

Welcome! I think people have a harder time seeing the deeds they did as evil rather than accepting Gods forgiveness. I was talking to an older lady once who obviously felt a weight of guilt. When I told her Jesus could forgive her, she answered, “It’s not that bad,” which tells me her pride rendered her unwilling to admit how bad she is. It’s wasn’t the forgiveness, it was the admittance of wrong done.

Stephen forgave the evil men who stoned him to death.
Sorry but where is the evidence that Stephen forgave them?
Yes he prayed for God to forgive them, but that does not mean he forgave them.

Remember that through out the bible forgiveness is always preceded by repentance.

Sorry but where is the evidence that Stephen forgave them?
Yes he prayed for God to forgive them, but that does not mean he forgave them.

Remember that through out the bible forgiveness is always preceded by repentance.
Isn’t asking God to forgive evidence?

Jesus said whosever sins you forgive, they are forgiven.
If my people who are called by my name will turn from there wicked ways and humble themselves and pray.
Then I will hear from heaven, forgive there sins and heal there land.

Strange how nobody knows this.

If my people who are called by my name will turn from there wicked ways and humble themselves and pray.
Then I will hear from heaven, forgive there sins and heal there land.

Strange how nobody knows this.
Why do you say this? Why do even think this? What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Dorothy, don't you understand how in the bible God forgave sinners?
“If you don’t forgive those who sin against you, neither will your heavenly Father forgive you your sins.” It seems I understand the matter quite well. I know it’s conditional.

The Christian God is a forgiving God. He is so forgiving that an evil man can repent even on his death bed. It does not matter what crime the evil man might have committed during his earthly life. The evil man might kill millions of people. The evil man might have raped women and abused children. The evil man might be the most evil person on earth. Yet, if on his death bed, he repented of his sins and asked Jesus into his life to be his savior, the Christian God will forgive him of all the evil he had done during his life. That is just how forgiving the Christian God can be.

Well, keep in mind, though, that every sin for which an evil man is forgiven was paid for by Jesus on the cross. God does not forgive sin by simply forgetting about it. God is Holy and Just and will not turn a blind eye to sin. For all sin there must be an accounting, a payment made for it. An evil man may shoulder the payment for his sins himself and find himself cast out from God for all of eternity, or he may, by faith, trust in the perfect payment made for his sins by Jesus on the cross of Calvary. God's forgiveness, then, comes at a price and is extended to evil men only because He has exacted that price from Jesus, "the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world."

God is so forgiving that He will give chances to the most evil of men.

It is not that God is so forgiving but that the payment Jesus has made for our sins is so perfect, so full and infinite, that no one's sin - however great - can exceed that payment (Romans 5:20; Hebrews 9-10:18). Only because of this perfect atonement for our sin is God able to forgive all of our sin. God's grace is not cheap, given without concern for justice or righteousness. Every wicked deed for which God forgives a man or woman was laid upon Christ who was "made sin for us who knew no sin that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Corinthians 5:21). For the sin of the wicked man, Jesus was bruised and wounded, his blood shed and body broken so that the wicked man might be cleansed of the stain of his sin and reconciled to God (Isaiah 53; Colossians 1:19-22). We ought never to forget this - even when we are delighting in God's forgiveness.

Knowing that it is a fault to not forgive someone, we as Christians ought to be able to forgive and love the most evil of all men. Knowing that God's forgiveness is extended to everyone, including even the most evil of men, we as Christians need to change the way in which we perceive sinners. When we see an evil person, we ought to pray for his or her salvation instead of his or her destruction. Sadly, that is not what we are doing today.

We can't forgive as God does, except by God's power. We can't make ourselves forgive as He does; we must yield to Him making us as He is, by His power enabling us to forgive in a godly manner. (Philippians 2:13; Ephesians 3:16; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24; 2 Corinthians 3:18, etc.)

Therefore, as Christians, we ought to pray for the salvations of all men, including very evil, very undeserving men.

Amen!

I’m pretty sure we are to forgive if want to be forgive, no strings attached for the recipient as far as we ought to be concerned.

The pattern through out the bible is repentance then forgiveness or has God changed how he deals with people, forgiving them without there having to repent.
We are not expected to do more than what God does.

The pattern through out the bible is repentance then forgiveness or has God changed how he deals with people, forgiving them without there having to repent.
We are not expected to do more than what God does.
We are not God. We are told to forgive no matter what the offender does TRUSTING GOD to be just.

We are not God. We are told to forgive no matter what the offender does TRUSTING GOD to be just.

Yet we are told to imitate God Eph5:1 and Matt5:48 and as I've said before Jesus did Not forgive those who crucified him, nor did Stephen those who stoned him to death.
They both prayed 'Father forgive them.'

We have to be willing and ready to forgive as Luke17:3 makes clear.

Back