Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God neither thinks nor remembers

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

God does not think and God does not remember! I love this sermon so much. It was on a Sunday when our church pastor preached it. As a christian, I had never imagined this until it was preached by this pastor I love so much. I believe him.

Man thinks and man remembers and man forgets. This is Typical of the mortal man full of deficiencies. Man is simply incomplete.

If God should think, then it means God is deficient of something...and then He is imperfect - He does not think - and this means He is perfect. He simply times - to suit us.

To think means to remember that which you forgot or to form an opinion.

God does not think and God does not remember! I love this sermon so much. It was on a Sunday when our church pastor preached it. As a christian, I had never imagined this until it was preached by this pastor I love so much. I believe him.

Man thinks and man remembers and man forgets. This is Typical of the mortal man full of deficiencies. Man is simply incomplete.

If God should think, then it means God is deficient of something...and then He is imperfect - He does not think - and this means He is perfect. He simply times - to suit us.

When we ask for forgiveness, I believe that God does forget. As for God thinking:

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

What do you think? :)

[FONT=arial,helvatica]Matthew 9:
4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvatica]Luke 6:
8 But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth.
[/FONT]

When we ask for forgiveness, I believe that God does forget. As for God thinking:

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

What do you think? :)

That is one of the qualities of God I find astonishing. I searched through the bible to see if God punished someone over repeated sins and I found some. God even refereed to them. The people did not confess - and so God mentioned their past sins.

For the ones who confessed and repented God never mentioned their past sin.

For Is 55:8, thought in that context is not 'thinking' It means 'wish'. It has to do with what He has planned. He went on to say: Nor are your ways My ways.

Now, Patience, if God thinks, then He is like us. Why do we think? We think because we forget. Why do we forget? We forget because we are imperfect.
So how would you look at God if He is a thinking God. Then man could claim to help Him remember.

[FONT=arial,helvatica]Matthew 9:
4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvatica]Luke 6:
8 But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth.
[/FONT]

Yep. So what is your opinion...I do not get it

Classik;567366]That is one of the qualities of God I find astonishing. I searched through the bible to see if God punished someone over repeated sins and I found some. God even refereed to them. The people did not confess - and so God mentioned their past sins.

For the ones who confessed and repented God never mentioned their past sin.
Hebrews 8:10-12 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days (v9), saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and wirte them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Hebrews 10:16,17 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
For Is 55:8, thought in that context is not 'thinking' It means 'wish'. It has to do with what He has planned. He went on to say: Nor are your ways My ways.

Now, Patience, if God thinks, then He is like us. Why do we think? We think because we forget. Why do we forget? We forget because we are imperfect.
So how would you look at God if He is a thinking God. Then man could claim to help Him remember.
The Hebrew word for "thoughts" is machashabah and its definition is: 1) thought, device a) thought b) device, plan, purpose c) invention

To say that God doesn't think would mean that He has made no plans, nor does He have any purposes. Does He think as you and I think? I only know what the word reveals and that is that His ways are above my ways and His thoughts above my thoughts. I don't see that man only thinks when he forgets something - I think when I respond to post - I think when I drive - I think when I am at work - in fact - I think that maybe sometimes I think too much!!! :)

Hebrews 8:10-12 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days (v9), saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and wirte them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Hebrews 10:16,17 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

The Hebrew word for "thoughts" is machashabah and its definition is: 1) thought, device a) thought b) device, plan, purpose c) invention

To say that God doesn't think would mean that He has made no plans, nor does He have any purposes. Does He think as you and I think? I only know what the word reveals and that is that His ways are above my ways and His thoughts above my thoughts. I don't see that man only thinks when he forgets something - I think when I respond to post - I think when I drive - I think when I am at work - in fact - I think that maybe sometimes I think too much!!! :)

Carfully look at part B of Heb 8:9. It talks about disregarding them as a result of their sin. They did not turn away From their sin and God used it to punish them. God does not bring back a forgiven sin to the present in attempt to punish a repeated sin. This is what I mean. If you know a vers that contradicts it...then tell me.

Patience, If God indeed thinks, don't you see it as deficiency? Maybe you misunderstood my use of plan. If you go by 'thought' or 'plan' as you understood...then it simply means God experiments. We experiment to get the unknown.
The created think and the Creator simply doesn't.
Let me leave you with this question:
Genesis Chapter 21:1
And the LORD remembered Sarah as He had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as He had spoken.

What do you understand by 'remembered'?

The whole argument put forward is based on the statement, man thinks so he is incomplete. What makes you think that?

If god does not think and god does not remember, then he is equal to a machine or a non living thing which can be experimented which produce the same results for same input every time and I don't know the god you are talking about and I sense a new-age doctrine in it.

The whole argument put forward is based on the statement, man thinks so he is incomplete. What makes you think that?

If god does not think and god does not remember, then he is equal to a machine or a non living thing which can be experimented which produce the same results for same input every time and I don't know the god you are talking about and I sense a new-age doctrine in it.

A new-age doctrine? Not that! How do you balance the case of deficiency, or how wise is it to associate it with God.

A new-age doctrine? Not that! How do you balance the case of deficiency, or how wise is it to associate it with God.

If a person needs to think as he is deficient and incomplete, then how can you say a stone or an idol which doesn't think as complete?

I agree that He does not think, He needs not to think. But He does remember, cause he promises to FORGET your sins when you repent.

But, even tho I sound like I disagree with your pastor's message - I don't think I do. Sure wish I could hear or read it for myself. ;)

I think we OFTEN make the mistake of thinking of God, or trying to relate to him, as if He were some "super Human". But He isn't. And the "my thoughts are not your thoughts", I think, illustrate this great truth.

If a person needs to think as he is deficient and incomplete, then how can you say a stone or an idol which doesn't think as complete?

Try and understand this thread. A stone doesn't create. A stone has no life. Within an idol there is a supernatural power - a negative force. A negative force could act in a stone. Even the force is made by God and is incomplete.

Now tell me, Felix, what picture doesn't it portray in your heart when you say: God is thinking? Deficient or not?

Or what makes God a thinking God when He already knows our tomorrow? What is there to think?

(Jer 29:11) For I have known the thoughts that I am thinking towards you--an affirmation of Jehovah; thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give to you posterity and hope (YLT).

Yes, He knows the future. But He also changes the future He already planned. When He changes the future, He cannot do it without thinking (most importantly without breaking the promised prophecies).

(Dan 2:21) And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise And knowledge to those who have understanding.

God finds fault in His own old covenant. How can you say He does not think?
(Heb 8:7-8) For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah --

Last edited by a moderator:
(Jer 29:11) For I have known the thoughts that I am thinking towards you--an affirmation of Jehovah; thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give to you posterity and hope (YLT).

Yes, He knows the future. But He also changes the future He already planned. When He changes the future, He cannot do it without thinking.

(Dan 2:21) And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise And knowledge to those who have understanding.

God finds fault in His own old covenant. How can you say He does not think?
(Heb 8:7-8) For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah --

If God knows tomorrow why would He think? I do not want to sound impious here. Won't you call it 'deficiency' if God thinks?

@Felix,
If I ask God the question:

Father, how did you separate the heaven from the earth?

And He answers: Erh! You know..you see...wait a minute. I remember! I did that by...

Tell me, Felix, won't you feel embarrassed?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe God think. We were created in His image, and I think one of the attributes He gave us was the ability to Think. I don't think thought is a sign of deficiency; thinking is a sign of a higher form of intelligence, and I do think that God is "transcendent intelligence," which to me would indicate there's a lot of really intense, higher-level thinking going on. We also know that God has emotions (anger, rage, happiness) and that He has a definite character, which is revealed in the Bible. All of these attributes, to me at least, would indicate a benevolent, omniscient, omnipotent, thinking deity.

I agree that He does not think, He needs not to think. But He does remember, cause he promises to FORGET your sins when you repent.

But, even tho I sound like I disagree with your pastor's message - I don't think I do. Sure wish I could hear or read it for myself. ;)

I think we OFTEN make the mistake of thinking of God, or trying to relate to him, as if He were some "super Human". But He isn't. And the "my thoughts are not your thoughts", I think, illustrate this great truth.

I am glad you are okay with 'think'!

God doesn't remember neither. For God to remember means He forgot. Forgetfulness is not associated with God. He said in His word: 'And God remembered Sarah'. It Doesn't imply He forgot. The word remembered simply is a time set apart by Him to carry out a promise. How about it?

If God knows tomorrow why would He think? I do not want to sound impious here. Won't you call it 'deficiency' if God thinks?

He certainly knows tomorrow. This does not mean He cannot change tomorrow.
In Isa 38, it is God who is saying to Hezekiah that he will die. Again it is God who is adding 15 years to His life.

@Felix,
If I ask God the question:

Father, how did you separate the heaven from the earth?

And He answers: Erh! You know..you see...wait a minute. I remember! I did that by...

Tell me, Felix, won't feel embarrassed?

I never feel embarrassed when I get an answer like this for the question: List all the sins of Felix :).

God also says about Israelite's horrible sin which didn't come into God's mind:
(Jer 19:5) "(they have also built the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire [for] burnt offerings to Baal, which I did not command or speak, nor did it come into My mind),

I believe God think. We were created in His image, and I think one of the attributes He gave us was the ability to Think. I don't think thought is a sign of deficiency; thinking is a sign of a higher form of intelligence, and I do think that God is "transcendent intelligence," which to me would indicate there's a lot of really intense, higher-level thinking going on. We also know that God has emotions (anger, rage, happiness) and that He has a definite character, which is revealed in the Bible. All of these attributes, to me at least, would indicate a benevolent, omniscient, omnipotent, thinking deity.

God made us in His image...And we are not even close to 0.00001% of what God is. Thinking means deficiency at that instant. Hahahahaha!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back