Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God Please Avenge Me

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

Okay saints of God' I want to hear your take on this. Okay here we go' is it wrong to ask God to avenge you against a enemy ? Now David was not shy about asking God to avenge him. Now we are under Grace' so now what ? Many Christians will tell you' that you are wrong to pray for God to avenge you. But God said avenging is His. But soldiers in a war pray for God to avenge all the time. If somebody raped a child I would ask God to kill the idiot. I don't think there is nothing wrong with asking God to take care of some idiot who has wronged you. So what do you all think ?

There is Psalm 70:

1) O God, hasten to deliver me; O Lord, hasten to my help!
2)Let those be ashamed and humiliated who seek my life; Let those be turned back and dishonored who delight in my hurt.
3) Let those be turned back because of their shame who say, "Aha, aha!"
4) Let all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; And let those who love Your salvation say continually, "Let God be magnified."
5) But I am afflicted and needy; Hasten to me, O God! You are my help and deliverer; O Lord, do not delay. (NASB)

And there is Psalm 64:

1) Hear my voice, O God, in my complaint; Preserve my life from dread of the enemy.
2) Hide me from the secret counsel of evildoers, From the tumult of those who do iniquity,
3) Who have sharpened their tongue like a sword. They aimed bitter speech as their arrow,
4) To shoot from concealment ta the blameless; Suddenly they shoot at him, and do not fear.
5) They hold fast to themselves an evil purpose; They talk of laying snares secretly; They say, "Who can see them?"
6) They devise injustices, saying, "We are ready with a well-conceived plot"; For the inward thought and the heart of a man are deep.

7) But God will shoot at them with an arrow; Suddenly they will be wounded.
8) So they will make him stumble; Their own tongue is against them; All who see them will shake the head.
9) Then all men will fear. And they will declare the work of God, And will consider what He has done.
10) The righteous man will be glad in the Lord and will take refuge in Him; And all the upright in heart will glory. (NASB)

Our Lord hears our prayers and renders justice in accordance with His Word and His plan, all in His time.

I believe that everyone who wrongs a child of God will pay for it.
God doesn't want hatred to build up inside of us.
He promises that the culprit will pay for it.
Who can dish out justice better than God?

A lot goes into your question Lewis.... Some one bumps into you while i the store shopping are you to ask God to avenge? i would think not...
I have the 'green light' get T-boned in the intersection should the red light runner pay the bill? sure..

Vengeance belongs to the Lord.. we are asked to forgive 70 times 7

Mat_6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat_6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

What is in our heart?

A child rapist was mentioned....At this time i could not forgive to the point of allowing such to be around children

No not for a bump into you at the store reba. But let's say somebody breaks into your house and robs you blind' or slaps your mother. That is the kind of stuff that I am talking about.

Romans 13 covers that... The OT has some very good 'living 'rules... We were broke into our front door was kicked in... no one got hurt.. I had hoped the bad guys would get caught... at first it was because i was angry .. when John stuck his gun under the guys chin it startled him and his shogun went off in the ceiling... All the what ifs came to mind ... i wanted those guys i was angry :angry3 a few days later i still wanted them caught but i was thankfully not that kind of angry... They did get caught after the next home invasion rape and murder... It is not wrong to seek lawful justice. Is get this guy our plea or is it Lord make this a safer place...

We hear this and that about who Jesus was friends with... Which of His disciples were thiefs and /or rapist and murders? and what happened to him?

Ol Zac repented Luk 19:8 as did the thief on the cross.... Saul repented and became Paul....

Yes Romans 13 is great . But reba where you live you had a break in ? Wow there truly is no safe place on earth.
head_wall.gif

defense is one thing, avenging is another. if I wasn't there to defend my wife when she was raped and then found the jerk and killed him. that would be a crime.

Jason wrote
defense is one thing, avenging is another. if I wasn't there to defend my wife when she was raped and then found the jerk and killed him. that would be a crime.
So' we are to let as Romans 13 puts it' let the the cops and the judges avenge us' in the earthly realm. But now if someone raped my wife and I ran across the idiot' a fight will break out, trust me.

So' we are to let as Romans 13 puts it' let the the cops and the judges avenge us' in the earthly realm. But now if someone raped my wife and I ran across the idiot' a fight will break out, trust me.
I wouldn't blame the feeling but since we went there. I have forgiven the man but I don't like him. he raped my sister and got away with it. should I have not done what jesus said to do? he told me go and forgave that man. I prayed for the heart to do that. I never had the chance but that man did tell my mom Im sorry for what its worth being a drunk and raping your daughter. I don't ask or expect you to like me or forgive me. he has been clean when he said that. hate isn't worth it. lewis. If I acted on my hate. well lets just say there would be a few dead eldery rich bas*****

I know Jason' it takes work to hate' but a good ole puncg in the face and a kick in the you know where is in order for raping my wife. I did not say kill the idiot.

I know Jason' it takes work to hate' but a good ole puncg in the face and a kick in the you know where is in order for raping my wife. I did not say kill the idiot.
and when it goes south and he is stronger(better fighter or armed then you? I know a man who did what you said and killed the man and did ten years for that.

1] And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
[2] Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
[3] And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
[4] And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
[5] Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
[6] And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
[7] And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
[8] I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

http://www.gotquestions.org/revenge-vengeance.html
There are only two times in the Bible when God gives men permission to avenge in His name. First, after the Midianites committed hideous, violent acts against the Israelites, the cup of God’s wrath against the Midianites was full, and He commanded Moses to lead the people in a holy war against them. “The LORD said to Moses, ‘Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites. After that, you will be gathered to your people’" (Numbers 31:1-2). Here, again, Moses did not act on his own; he was merely an instrument to carry out God’s perfect plan under His guidance and instruction. Second, Christians are to be in submission to the rulers God has set over us because they are His instruments for “vengeance on evildoers” (1 Peter 2:13-14). As in Moses’ case, these rulers are not to act on their own, but are to carry out God’s will for the punishment of the wicked.

It is tempting to try to take on the role of God and seek to punish those who we feel deserve it. But because we are sinful creatures, it is impossible for us to take revenge with pure motives. This is why the Mosaic Law contains the command “Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD” (Leviticus. 19:18). Even David, a “man after God’s own heart” (1 Samuel 13:14), refused to take revenge on Saul, even though David was the innocent party being wronged. David submitted to God's command to forego vengeance and trust in Him: “May the LORD judge between you and me. And may the LORD avenge the wrongs you have done to me, but my hand will not touch you (1 Samuel 24:12).

As Christians, we are to follow the Lord Jesus’ command to “love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” (Matthew 5:44), leaving the vengeance to God.

When I first came to repentance, I prayed to be avenged. Long, complicated story. I mellowed out and started praying for my enemies. I still pray that God does *something* about them--what that *something* is must be left up to God. Some people need to repent. Others need to be brought to justice, whether the courts get them or God does (or God working through the courts).

Okay saints of God' I want to hear your take on this. Okay here we go' is it wrong to ask God to avenge you against a enemy ? Now David was not shy about asking God to avenge him. Now we are under Grace' so now what ? Many Christians will tell you' that you are wrong to pray for God to avenge you. But God said avenging is His. But soldiers in a war pray for God to avenge all the time. If somebody raped a child I would ask God to kill the idiot. I don't think there is nothing wrong with asking God to take care of some idiot who has wronged you. So what do you all think ?
It's wrong to ask. It reveals a lot about the state of one's heart as does refering to such a person as an 'idiot'. We are to forgive and asking for God to avenge us is quite the opposite.

so calling a rapist what they are is a sin? I have to like the man who FOREVER ruined my sisters life? I forgive him but friendship is a choice. when he asks me about my sister yeah that will be ackward. pray for him but I will not be his friend. I cant do that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back