Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

God Shouldn't?

Does God Have the Right to Force His Will on Us or Not?

• Yes, He has the right.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
cj said:
Shana said:
God creates individuals for a purpose according to His purpose.There are many examples in the scriptures which tell of God's sovereignty in the affairs of men.

Oohhh boy.... so I guess God creates fallen men huh.

Does Shana ever consider the silliness of her broad statements.

In love,
cj

Good Day, CJ

No they grow out of the ground... ;-) , but God created the ground, so some would say he is resposible :tongue

Bill

Just for my clarification bbas 64,
Do you also believe in 'Universalism' that affirms all people will be saved? Within their belief system the concepts of hell and punishment are rejected as inconsistent with a loving God. Is this also your belief?

:biggrin Just to remind everyone, this thread was not created to be a discussion of Universalism but to be a discussion of whether or not God has the right to force His will upon us-just in case suggestions are made to the contrary. But to clarify in case there has been a misunderstanding, most who believe in Christian Universalism do not believe that punishment is inconsistent with the love of God. I do believe that many will experience hell and the wrath of God.

Those who hold to Calvinistic beliefs and many who hold Armeniasm (sp?) beliefs from what I understand, believe in the Sovereignty of God's will. Thanks and God bless.

Just to remind everyone, this thread was not created to be a discussion of Universalism but to be a discussion of whether or not God has the right to force His will upon us-just in case suggestions are made to the contrary.

Thank you, but my question to bbas 64 still stand.

Judy said:
Do you also believe in 'Universalism' that affirms all people will be saved? Within their belief system the concepts of hell and punishment are rejected as inconsistent with a loving God. Is this also your belief?

Good Day, Judy

In a word NO, I am a little concerned what prompted you to ask such a question based on my posts here?

Peace to u,

Bill

Shana wrote:
.... and I started one topic on ET.

Which is the same as starting a topic on UR.

In love,
cj

And your point by posting this is? God bless.

bbas 64 said:
Judy said:

Good Day, Judy

In a word NO, I am a little concerned what prompted you to ask such a question based on my posts here?

Peace to u,

Bill

I sent you a private message...

Shana said:
Shana wrote:
.... and I started one topic on ET.

Which is the same as starting a topic on UR.

In love,
cj

And your point by posting this is? God bless.

To prove that you don't have me on "IGNORE."

But seriously.....

What was your motivation to open this topic?

Be honest.

In love,
cj

Bbas,
Do you know what Jesus means when he says; "If I had not spoken to them they would not be guilty of their sins. Now, however, they are without excuse."?

bbas 64 said:
Good day, CJ

Nice assertion, care to show some vaild logical process by which you have drawn this baseless conclusion?

Peace to u,

Bill

"This idea that man/Jesus can chose to hate the sin he/Jesus loves/hates and love a God he/Jesus hates/loves of his/Jesus' own chosing is just silly."

Me thinks you overlooked the fact that Jesus is a man.

In love,
cj

bbas 64 said:
cj said:
Shana said:
God creates individuals for a purpose according to His purpose.There are many examples in the scriptures which tell of God's sovereignty in the affairs of men.

Oohhh boy.... so I guess God creates fallen men huh.

Does Shana ever consider the silliness of her broad statements.

In love,
cj

Good Day, CJ

No they grow out of the ground... ;-) , but God created the ground, so some would say he is resposible :tongue

Bill

Then some would be most incorrect.

I wonder, has it occured to URist that God created man with the ability to mulitply through his own effort?

Sure, God provides the necessary environment, but the "creation" of a fetus is through human actions.

But hey, after reading your "ground" statement, I wonder if URist believe all men have been conceived by the Holy Spirit.

In love,
cj

:biggrin As I said, cj, we all take a peek now and then. And I am glad that I do every now and then. It might be helpful to keep check on the slanderous statements you made about me on another thread which needed to be addressed. What are your motives for posting on this thread? God bless.

Slander only applies to things that are not true, Shana. If you can't prove that you haven't refuted Christ's words or turned them around to mean their opposite, then it is your accusations of slander against Cj that is called slander! You should add the word "slander" to the words, torment, punishment, everlasting, eternal, not, never, few, etc. that you need to look up in the dictionary! ;-)

Heidi said:
Bbas,
Do you know what Jesus means when he says; "If I had not spoken to them they would not be guilty of their sins. Now, however, they are without excuse."?

Good Day, Heidi

Would you be so kind as to give me the passage, as I do not recall Jesus using the phrase "without excuse", I recall it in Romans.

I really do not understand how this relates to my last post in response to one of your posts. Maybe you could address that post more directly.

Peace to u,

Bill

cj said:
bbas 64 said:
Good day, CJ

Nice assertion, care to show some vaild logical process by which you have drawn this baseless conclusion?

Peace to u,

Bill

"This idea that man/Jesus can chose to hate the sin he/Jesus loves/hates and love a God he/Jesus hates/loves of his/Jesus' own chosing is just silly."

Good Day, CJ

Nice strawman here, If I was talking about Jesus I would have said Jesus. I was using the term "man" in the broadest sence of the term. You are correct that Jesus was a man, but not a man only he was the "God-man" thus knew no sin.

2Co 5:21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Peace to u,

Bill

Me thinks you overlooked the fact that Jesus is a man.

In love,
cj

bbas 64 said:
Good Day, CJ

Nice strawman here, If I was talking about Jesus I would have said Jesus. I was using the term "man" in the broadest sence of the term. You are correct that Jesus was a man, but not a man only he was the "God-man" thus knew no sin.

2Co 5:21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Peace to u,

Bill

All men are god-men Bill. Snakes and vipers are fallen-men.

Jesus is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world; because of this God is able to save all who will believe, even before this Lamb actually came and died physically.

Maybe you should take a look at the verses in Genesis regarding a man who walk with God an was taken without suffering death.

See...... fallen man is not God's view of what His "very good" creature looks like. And only God's view counts.

This is where the folly doctrine of universal reconciliation gets fleshy and fleshly.

Jesus is a man..... who ate from the tree of life.

Do you understand what the word REDEMPTION means?

In love,
cj

Jesus said; "No one is good but God alone." the only reason any of us is good is because Jesus takes the sins away of all who believe him. That does not mean we are good in and of ourselves, but only because of the blood of Christ.

When God said that that Esau would serve Jacob, was there anything that Esau or Jacob could have done to change this outcome? Was God's will being forced on these individuals?

good point

If we are all indeed God's creatures, then yes he certainly has the right, and I don't think there's any Christian who would argue with Him if He excercised this right. Last I heard, He also gave us free will, too...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back