Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's Kingdom

They didn't live again because they died as sinners.
No. It's because they were unrepentant,

Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Jn.3:3 KJV
he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come,
Lk.17:20 KJV
the kingdom of God is within you. Lk.17:21 KJV

It's in front of humanity all the time from beginning to end.
If you are referring to the body that was raised from Christ's grave to walk in newness of life, (which you previously said was the first resurrection), then what kind of body did we have ?
Not the body we "did have" but do have now. Our Savior was never "dead" (in sin) in His body. He has always been Immortal.
Or are you now calling the resurrection at the return of Christ the "first" resurrection ?
I'm saying He is the resurrection. He is life.
If scripture says a thousand years, why do you disagree ?
I don't, but Peter said,
be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years asone day. 2Pet.3:8 KJV

"A" thousand years may mean any number of years. "One" thousand years means 1 thousand years.
The writers
That's a very good observation. If you will examine their words in the timeline context of when they 1st came into contact with Jesus and as they grew as they walked with Him, the conclusion will be that they understood everything the OT and NT says.
They called the time of Jesus' return the "first" resurrection
I know. When He returned in Spirit they turned the world upside down.
He is coming back to reign forever.
He's always been reigning. 🙂

It is written..."Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)
Don't you think anybody has armed themselves with the same mind ?
I sure do !

If man won't repent of (turn from) sin, be sinless, they are doomed.
True

No. It's because they were unrepentant,
Don't you mean..."Yes, as sinners are unrepentant "
Not the body we "did have" but do have now.
So those baptized into Christ, into His death, and into His resurrection, being raised again to walk in newness of life now walk in the body of their first resurrection.
OK.
I'm saying He is the resurrection. He is life.
I will ask again..."Or are you now calling the resurrection at the return of Christ the "first" resurrection ?
I don't, but Peter said,
be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years asone day. 2Pet.3:8 KJV
Of course, as there is no time limitation for God to overcome.
Don't get too literal.
"A" thousand years may mean any number of years. "One" thousand years means 1 thousand years.
Semantics.
That's a very good observation.
So, to keep on topic, the first resurrection will be at the return of Jesus Christ.
I know. When He returned in Spirit they turned the world upside down.
There was no resurrection of the dead at the giving of the gift of the Holy Ghost.
You are blending past events with future ones.
He's always been reigning.
Yeah.

Don't you mean..."Yes, as sinners are unrepentant "
I mean no because redeemed sinners are instructed over and over by all the prophets and apostles never to forget how all of us were once enemies of Christ.
The Messiah warns us about ever forgetting what we needed to be saved from.
So those baptized into Christ, into His death, and into His resurrection, being raised again to walk in newness of life now walk in the body of their first resurrection.
OK.

I will ask again..."Or are you now calling the resurrection at the return of Christ the "first" resurrection ?

Of course, as there is no time limitation for God to overcome.
Don't get too literal.

Semantics.

So, to keep on topic, the first resurrection will be at the return of Jesus Christ.

There was no resurrection of the dead at the giving of the gift of the Holy Ghost.
You are blending past events with future ones.

Yeah.
I've answered everything you've asked me twice alrwady. These posts are getting repetitious and I really don't think either of us are getting anything out of this.

Do you know why Heb.12:4 says, "In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood." NIV

What I'm asking you is, "Are believers losing a fight against sin by losing their blood?

I mean no because redeemed sinners are instructed over and over by all the prophets and apostles never to forget how all of us were once enemies of Christ.
The Messiah warns us about ever forgetting what we needed to be saved from.

I've answered everything you've asked me twice alrwady. These posts are getting repetitious and I really don't think either of us are getting anything out of this.

Do you know why Heb.12:4 says, "In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood." NIV

What I'm asking you is, "Are believers losing a fight against sin by losing their blood?
Your style of writing is too hard to follow.

Your style of writing is too hard to follow.
It seems hard, because the believers having their bllod spilled "striving against sin" are the winners of the war. We win by pouring out our blood (our life) for all,

For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: Lev.17:11 KJV

God poured His love, mercy, grace, kindness, longsuffering, etc on sinners who hated Him. It only hard to understand if you have been brainwashed (like I was) to believe God poured wrath on His Son.

Jesus said,
ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering, to go in.

Apparently believers can enter the Kingdom of God now. Seems like Jess is saying people can be prevented from enntering His Kingdom by believing false teaching.
I think that's the war that's really going on. It manifests itself through human conflict but the real probkem is spiritual. If humanity ever believed all at once what the King of the Jews taught locksmiths wouldn't be needed, or police etc.
Debaters often think of "the spiritual interpretation" of scripture as nonsense, but I think it's as real as anything physical and much longer lasting.

Back