Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's Word And Your Condition

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
No, many in the third world KNOW that the spiritual world exists, all of it. They know the spiritual world affects our world. So faith in Gods power in our world is easier. That’s all I meant.
Which spiritual world, the one where Satan reigns over as the evil principality of this world or the Spiritual world of God within the Spiritual realm of God that we seek while here on the earth. I'm confused of what you call the spiritual world.

Rev 3:20 is written exclusively to the church. Roman’s 10 doesn’t say we “ask Jesus into our hearts.”
I’m just sticking to the scripture.
It's like the word Trinity that is not found in scripture, but the description is as I see making confession is the same as asking and receiving Jesus into our hearts in those two scriptures I gave.

Which spiritual world, the one where Satan reigns over as the evil principality of this world or the Spiritual world of God within the Spiritual realm of God that we seek while here on the earth. I'm confused of what you call the spiritual world.
How shall I put it? Modern westerners are materialists who assume the material world is all there is. We have a hard believing there is anything but what the 5 senses perceive.

Now the underdeveloped world can be more aware of the spiritual world. Houses in Thailand are built so evil spirits fly off and cannot enter. They know the spiritual world is there.

So when they become a part of the Kingdom of God, they have less of a problem believing the power of God can affect their material well-being. So miracles happen more easily as they don’t struggle to believe God exercises authority over the material even over evil spirits.

Does that help?

I don't think anyone could answer that question. My best guess would be those who were healed by Him had belief that they could be healed of Him. Just like the one who was told to pick up his mat and walk or the lady with the issue of blood and the one that was lowered down through the roof.
The reason for not healing ALL the sick is that healing our physical aliments is not the reason that He came .
That some sick were healed and some dead raised was to show ALL that He came from God.

So you feel it was cruel of Jesus to bring Lazarus out of his tomb? Jesus had His purpose for that.
I would say I would not want to come back, unless it was for God's purpose.
Easier said than done.
I don't believe any person having gone through an agonizing physical death once would " want " to go through it a second time.

While glad for his sisters sake I always felt that after seeing the glory of God, it somehow bordered on cruel to bring Lazarus back to this bloodstained earth and refit him to a decaying body, to die physically once more.
What Christian would really want to come back to this existence after seeing the glory of God ?

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 12:10
But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death;
Lazarus coming out of the tomb was a sign to all of who Jesus is ! I believe Lazarus would have felt privileged to be an example of the proof that Jesus was God walking among the people . Not my will but thy will be done Lord .

Hi for_his_glory Good to see you also;I found the Isaiah 55 ref. interesting; as is the Nazarite vow passage; there is a hymn which speaks of the Lord Jesus as the 'spotless Nazarite'.
I love reading Isaiah 55 as it's God's compassion for us in all things as His word does not return to Him void but accomplishes what He sends it out to do even if we do not always understand His ways, but to only accept them.

I love reading Isaiah 55 as it's God's compassion for us in all things as His word does not return to Him void but accomplishes what He sends it out to do even if we do not always understand His ways, but to only accept them.
Indeed........rain and snow from heaven.....His higher ways.....waiting for the Word to take effect............ :)

The reason for not healing ALL the sick is that healing our physical aliments is not the reason that He came .
That some sick were healed and some dead raised was to show ALL that He came from God.
Healing is a part of His ministry while here on earth as Jesus said the Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. Luke 4:19.

Healing is a part of His ministry while here on earth as Jesus said the Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. Luke 4:19.
And going full circle not ALL the blind had their sight recovered.
And not ALL the dead were brought forth from the grave.

And going full circle not ALL the blind had their sight recovered.
And not ALL the dead were brought forth from the grave.
All who heard His word abroad did come to Him and many were healed that heard Jesus speak.

Luke 6:17 And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people out of all Judaea and Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their diseases;
Luke 6:18 And they that were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed.
Luke 6:19 And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.

Many were raised from the grave when the earth quaked and Jesus yielded up the Ghost. They were brought back to life and entered into the city, not heaven, so others would know Jesus as in "I am Lord" as only Jesus has power to raise anyone from the dead. This is what caused the centurion and many that were with him to believe this was the Son of God that hung on the cross. Matthew 27:50-54.

Lazarus died 2 physical deaths .
He had to die of some sickness the 2nd time .
Hopefully the Lord made provision for a gentler death the 2nd time.
I can't speak of what is not found in scripture as it speaks no more about Lazarus after he was called forth out of the tomb, but am quite sure he did eventually die like all are destined to die. Have you ever read an obituary that says someone died of natural causes. That does not mean they suffered from any sickness.

All who heard His word abroad did come to Him and many were healed that heard Jesus speak.

Luke 6:17 And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people out of all Judaea and Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their diseases;
Luke 6:18 And they that were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed.
Luke 6:19 And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.

Many were raised from the grave when the earth quaked and Jesus yielded up the Ghost. They were brought back to life and entered into the city, not heaven, so others would know Jesus as in "I am Lord" as only Jesus has power to raise anyone from the dead. This is what caused the centurion and many that were with him to believe this was the Son of God that hung on the cross. Matthew 27:50-54.
You are getting confused now .
Those who came forth from the graves at Jesus death, were " resurrected " to eternal life .
They did not have to die a second death and have their body placed right back in a grave as Lazarus did .
Do you understand the difference ?

You are getting confused now .
Those who came forth from the graves at Jesus death, were " resurrected " to eternal life .
They did not have to die a second death and have their body placed right back in a grave as Lazarus did .
Do you understand the difference ?
Read it again as it only says that went into the city, not resurrected to eternal life. To add anymore is only adding to scripture.

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. 54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Read it again as it only says that went into the city, not resurrected to eternal life. To add anymore is only adding to scripture.

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. 54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.
You believe that they died a second physical death and faced the dirty lowly grave yet a second time, even though the PARAMOUNT event that brought them forth from the grave was Jesus bursting forth from the tomb with the blinding light of God, Glorified ?
Surely you understand this was not a case of Jesus weeping beside the grave with Lazarus's loved ones ?
This was the King of Kings & Lord of Lords bursting forth in Eternal Glory that caused these other to come forth to , to ,to , to LIE DOWN IN THE DIRT OF DEATH A SECOND TIME ?
Really ?
Notice the Word of God that says they " appeared ":

"after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared ,,,,"

What do you think the word " Appeared" means in terms of people coming forth from the grave and just going back to their former existence ?

Does " Appeared " sound to you like everything was as it was before they were buried in the grave ?

It's like the word Trinity that is not found in scripture, but the description is as I see making confession is the same as asking and receiving Jesus into our hearts in those two scriptures I gave.
Not for you will I give the obvious answer. The gospel is explained in the New Testament with examples of preaching and people responding. Not once does any one “ask Jesus into their heart” or is anyone ever told to do so. What they are told to do and then do IS THERE.

So this is nothing like the word “trinity” not being there.

The possible outcome of people not repenting but merely asking “Jesus into their unrepentant and unsurrendered hearts” is that they are not at all saved and end up in hell. The Trinity doctrine has no such risk.

Back