Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Good Christian based movies

Jman96

Hey everyone, so I was wondering what your favorite Christian based movie was, and if you have any recommendations.

I have seen to save a life. Which is an amazing movie based off a book as well as courageous which is a really touching Movie made by a church!

Well if you have any you would like to share about please do, I'm home with Netflix and no clue what I want to watch!

Sent using Tapatalk

Jesus Christ Superstar is my favorite. Not exactly accurate, but it isn't trying to be. To me no other movie has conveyed the humanity of Jesus nearly as well. The Passion comes in second.

I saw Courageous last night. You're right that it is a very good movie. Thought-provoking, emotionally touching, funny, and inspirational all at the same time.

If you're looking for something on Netflix, look up the movie title, "Johnny." It brought tears to this 50+ year old's eyes.

Well there's always The Passion..I was going to say "Facing the Giants" like Mike said, but if I think of another one or two I'll add them.

Courageous was another good one from the series Facing the Giants, Cog Wheel (think that's the name as I didn't buy that one) Fireproof. Just have Kleenex handy.

Not sure if you can find these ones anymore, but China's Cry and The Window were very encouraging. Passion of the Christ was my favorite and I loved how they used the Aramaic as it made the movie so real to me in what Jesus went through for us.

Courageous was another good one from the series Facing the Giants, Cog Wheel (think that's the name as I didn't buy that one) Fireproof. Just have Kleenex handy.

Not sure if you can find these ones anymore, but China's Cry and The Window were very encouraging. Passion of the Christ was my favorite and I loved how they used the Aramaic as it made the movie so real to me in what Jesus went through for us.

I want to watch Passion of the Christ again now....I haven't seen it in years...:chin

for his glory:

I haven't seen these, I don't think. Just excerpts from the Passion of Christ.

I guess that the Christian element of professedly Christian movies can vary a lot. The overall doctrine coming across is a significant aspect of assessing a film, I think.

For some ppl, almost any movie with a vaguely religious element, even with fairly graphic self indulgence shown, will be classified as supposedly Christian.

But other ppl, even if there was good, doctrinal and moral content, might still claim to object to a film if some actresses wore stiletto heels or had unnatural hair color or a tattoo or whatever.

It's hard to fit everyone's conceptions as to what a Christian film really, is, I guess.

In my idea a Christian movie is based off Christian events and such in the movies listed by me :)

Sent using Tapatalk

I don't know if it is any good as I haven't seen it, but I worked on the movie adaption of "Blue Like Jazz". Among all the lighting and electrical work in the film, I also through books out of the dorm into a fire.

I don't know if it is any good as I haven't seen it, but I worked on the movie adaption of "Blue Like Jazz". Among all the lighting and electrical work in the film, I also through books out of the dorm into a fire.

I see...are you a producer, or something?

for his glory:

I haven't seen these, I don't think. Just excerpts from the Passion of Christ.

I guess that the Christian element of professedly Christian movies can vary a lot. The overall doctrine coming across is a significant aspect of assessing a film, I think.

For some ppl, almost any movie with a vaguely religious element, even with fairly graphic self indulgence shown, will be classified as supposedly Christian.

But other ppl, even if there was good, doctrinal and moral content, might still claim to object to a film if some actresses wore stiletto heels or had unnatural hair color or a tattoo or whatever.

It's hard to fit everyone's conceptions as to what a Christian film really, is, I guess.

China's Cry is about the persecutions to death of those who stood up for their belief in Christ and The Window was about a blind man that saw images of beauty in his own mind of that we that can see just take for granted. There old movies from the 90's, but if you search the net you might be able to fond them as when I got them they were VHS. I hope you get the Passion Of The Christ as it truly depicts graphically what Jesus went through even though it drew it out pretty long in parts, but yet very effective.

Back