Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

GOOD MORNING!!! :D

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Good Morning!
John 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Good morning to you also Gazelle and all who are here and may the devil tremble in his shoes knowing he has to face us another day:shocked!

:biggrin
GOOD MORNING FOLKS! It will be a good day. (Just because a few negative/bad things might occur doesn't mean it isn't a good day). It's a good day with a few negative things happening, that's all. BUT may you not have any negatives today! :study Too late for me :toofunny

"Send your light and your truth; let them guide me

Let them lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you live.

There I will go to the altar of God, to God — the source of all my joy.

I will praise you with my harp, O God, my God!

Why am I discouraged? Why so sad?

I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again — my Savior and my God!"
Psalm 43:3-5 NLT

Good Morning! :wave

Good morning folks! :biggrin

1 Corinthians 13:4–8a
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails ... (NIV)

Good Morning!
Hebrews 11:1 NIV Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

:wave

November 4

VERSE OF THE DAY
This shows that the Son is far greater than the angels, just as the name God gave him is greater than their names. – Hebrews 1:4

November 7

VERSE OF THE DAY
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. – Hebrews 4:12

November 8

Good Morning Lord!

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.

There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.

Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. (Psalm 19:1-4)

November 9

VERSE OF THE DAY
Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God's promises because of their faith and endurance. – Hebrews 6:12

New International Version (©1984)
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

English Standard Version (©2001)
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

American King James Version
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, said the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

American Standard Version
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope in your latter end.

Bible in Basic English
For I am conscious of my thoughts about you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you hope at the end.

Douay-Rheims Bible
For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of affliction, to give you an end and patience.

Darby Bible Translation
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you in your latter end a hope.

English Revised Version
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope in your latter end.

Webster's Bible Translation
For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

World English Bible
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says Yahweh, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future.

Young's Literal Translation
For I have known the thoughts that I am thinking towards you -- an affirmation of Jehovah; thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give to you posterity and hope.

:wave May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. (Psalm 19:14)

November 13

VERSE OF THE DAY
And when sins have been forgiven, there is no need to offer any more sacrifices. – Hebrews 10:18

November 14

VERSE OF THE DAY
And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven's Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. – Hebrews 10:19

November 15

VERSE OF THE DAY
And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. – Hebrews 11:6

November 16

VERSE OF THE DAY
It was by faith that Joseph, when he was about to die, said confidently that the people of Israel would leave Egypt. He even commanded them to take his bones with them when they left. – Hebrews 11:22

November 17

VERSE OF THE DAY
Because of your detestable idols, I will punish you like I have never punished anyone before or ever will again. – Ezekiel 5:9

Thank God we do not have his punishment!

God is always calling us back to him

Telling others

"Jesus traveled throughout Galilee teaching in the synagogues, preaching everywhere the Good News about the Kingdom."
Matthew 4:23 NLT

Good News

"In The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe when the Pevensies learn from Mr. and Mrs. Beaver that Aslan is "on the move," it has an effect on all but Edmund "like the first signs of spring, like good news."…And of course that promise sounds great to Peter, Susan, and Lucy — they've sought to do the right thing all along. But for Edmund, who has already decided to head down the wrong path on the side of the White Witch, these prophecies sound more like bad news.

The phrase "good news" has spiritual connotations, as C.S. Lewis more than likely recognized. It's the original meaning of the word gospel, which comes from the Old English godspell or good spell, meaning "a good story" or "good news." For Christians, the good "spell" — the great story, the wonderful news — is that Christ's death and resurrection have saved us from the bad "spell" of sin and death: Those who believe in Jesus are free and forgiven and will spend eternity with God. That's the gospel.

Telling people they're messed up and are on the losing side is not good news, no matter how you spin it. It may be true, but it's not helpful if you don't tell the important parts of the story, too: that the forces of darkness are not going to have the last word, that the rightful King has returned, that the Kingdom will be restored. Then the hearers can wrestle on their own with whether or not they'll choose the winning side, the side of the King.

{Adapted from Walking Through the Wardrobe by Sarah Arthur (Tyndale) pp 103-9 Content is derived from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation and other publications of Tyndale Publishing House}

November 20

VERSE OF THE DAY
You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. – James 2:19

Back