Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Good news about Covid .

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have no idea what you think you're saying here or how that relates to this.

Perhaps you're right. By your assertion, obese people, which are about 73.6% of the US population according to the CDC and account for an estimated 300,000 deaths per year, don't deserve medical treatment either. Smokers, which are about 15% of the US population according to the CDC and accounts for over 480,000 deaths per year, don't deserve healthcare either. Moderate to heavy consumers of alcohol, which are about 20.6% of US citizens according to the CDC and account for about 95,000 deaths per year, don't deserve medical treatment either. You want me to keep going?

We could continue down rabbit trails and argue statistics like this for days. What I'd like to hear from you is how you can justify through the Word of God your assertion that it is right and Godly for you to force another person to submit to receiving a man-made drug injected into his/her body, particularly one that has not been proven to be safe yet. Maybe next week I'll invent a drug that will help you lose weight or maybe stop smoking or stop drinking or .... and force you to take it. Sure, I'll tell you it is perfectly safe to use especially when I can't be held responsible if I was wrong.

You trust the drug. That is your choice and I'm okay with that. But, what right do you have to force others to do likewise?
Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself and went around healing the people who came to Him.

I am not going to discuss this for days. Not receiving protection against the worst health crisis in a century is, IMHO, stupid and irresponsible. I personally know unvaccinated people who have succumbed to the virus, leaving behind a grieving family when their deaths could have been prevented.

Since this is a world-wide health crisis, governments around the world are creating new laws to protect the citizenry. That is one of their functions. Why not just eliminate seat belts, stop signs and red lights? After all that's also government overreach, right? How about food inspections? Licensing of professionals? Licensing of drivers?

I personally know unvaccinated people who have succumbed to the virus, leaving behind a grieving family when their deaths could have been prevented.
As do I.
And we are in full agreement that Covid deaths can be prevented.

Doctors have learned much since Covid first hit the globe. In the beginning, Doctors did not know how to properly treat Covid patients and many patients died. Covid is treatable and death is preventable with what we know now. Early treatment is key to not filling up our ICU beds which leads to death.

I often wonder why there is so much discussion on wronging people for not receiving the Covid vaccine. If we are truly loving our neighbor, then we are long suffering and we always hope the best for them instead of ruminating on worst case scenarios.

Loving our neighbor who isn’t comfortable with receiving the Covid vaccination might look like educating them on early treatment.

Do you know what early treatment for Covid are available and when one should receive early treatment? In other words, do you understand what causes people to get hospitalized and put on oxygen or heaven forbid a vent?

If you can learn about that, then it gives you insight to what early prevention does and why early prevention would free up our ICU beds.

My decision to receive both Moderna shots was based primarily on two things. The first was that I trust modern medicine's ability to deal with infectious diseases, which is why I have been vaccinated against many diseases, including receiving my annual high-strength flu shot yesterday.

The second was seeing footage of hospitalized people having their ventilators removed so that they could say a final goodbye to loved ones via cell phone. I decided that I would do anything and everything within my power to avoid putting myself or others in that situation: getting fully vaccinated, wearing a mask whenever I'm away from home, etc.

My decision to receive both Moderna shots was based primarily on two things. The first was that I trust modern medicine's ability to deal with infectious diseases, which is why I have been vaccinated against many diseases, including receiving my annual high-strength flu shot yesterday.

The second was seeing footage of hospitalized people having their ventilators removed so that they could say a final goodbye to loved ones via cell phone. I decided that I would do anything and everything within my power to avoid putting myself or others in that situation: getting fully vaccinated, wearing a mask whenever I'm away from home, etc.
And that IMHO is reason enough.
I also received the full vaccination, and for similar reasons.
While not Covid related, I have lost my Mom, Brother and Father within the last 4 months. So I am acutely sensitive to loosing any loved one for any reason.
I was vaccinated because I did not want to get my family members sick during their last days. Also, I didn’t want Covid myself during their last days. And heaven forbid I was hospitalized during one of them passing.

To boot, my wife got Covid during that time and was a hair away from a vent. I could have lost her too.

Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself and went around healing the people who came to Him.
Yes, and in loving my neighbor as myself, I respect them enough to let them decide for themselves whether or not they wish to inject or ingest an experimental drug or any drug for that matter into their bodies against their wishes.

Here's something else to keep in mind. Unless my memory is not accurate, Jesus didn't heal anyone unless He was asked to do so. You and I know how valuable and important the gift of salvation is but Jesus never forces anyone to accept that gift and neither is it our place to force it upon anyone else. He says we are His witnesses to the truth but ultimately it is still up to us to accept it.

As far as being the worst health crisis, I think there is a substantial argument against that too. The Spanish flu in 1918-1919 according to the CDC "was the most severe pandemic in recent history," killed roughly 675,000 people, which was about 0.65% of the total US population. The current death toll for Covid-19, which has now mutated into a different virus, stands at 680,000, which is roughly 0.21% of our population. Although our current situation is not yet behind us, based on current data the Spanish flu claimed 3x the number of victims lives in about the same time period as we have been dealing with Covid. We must also keep in mind that in 1918 our society was far more rural with about 50% of the population not living in cities but today almost 83% of the population lives in cities where viruses can spread far more rapidly.

Last edited:
As do I.
And we are in full agreement that Covid deaths can be prevented.

Doctors have learned much since Covid first hit the globe. In the beginning, Doctors did not know how to properly treat Covid patients and many patients died. Covid is treatable and death is preventable with what we know now. Early treatment is key to not filling up our ICU beds which leads to death.

I often wonder why there is so much discussion on wronging people for not receiving the Covid vaccine. If we are truly loving our neighbor, then we are long suffering and we always hope the best for them instead of ruminating on worst case scenarios.

Loving our neighbor who isn’t comfortable with receiving the Covid vaccination might look like educating them on early treatment.

Do you know what early treatment for Covid are available and when one should receive early treatment? In other words, do you understand what causes people to get hospitalized and put on oxygen or heaven forbid a vent?

If you can learn about that, then it gives you insight to what early prevention does and why early prevention would free up our ICU beds.
Yes, there is early treatment available. One that has been showing very positive results is the use of Monoclonal antibodies to help our bodies get a jump start against the infection and speed recovery, avoiding more serious medical needs. But again, this is something the patient must be willing to accept and is not forced upon them.

My wife got this when she tested positive three weeks ago because she has COPD and that makes her a prime target for this virus.

You have very valid reasons for accepting the vaccination and I respect that but I still do not feel your reasoning justifies forcing me or anyone else to be vaccinated against our wishes.

For the record, my doctor talked me into it a month ago and so I am vaccinated but I still do not nor will I support mandated vaccination for those who do not wish to do this.

Aren't you reading my posts? There are legitimate concerns regarding the Covid vaccines. The vaccines are not proven safe for use yet. Having been injected in millions in such a short period of time does not prove them safe. It can take years of study, monitoring, and research to get to the point where a vaccine is considered reasonably safe to use. The quickest example so far in history is the polio vaccine and that one took six years to obtain FDA approval and the technology was not experimental at the time.

These vaccines, which are based on experimental technology, may yet prove to be dangerous. I sincerely hope I am wrong for if I'm not, then there will be millions, if not billions, of people that could be in serious trouble in the not so distant future. I pray my concerns are proven unnecessary.

The seat belt laws are also wrong and I spoke against them just the same. Helmet laws too are wrong and fortunately here in my home state they are not required. The seat belt law's existence does not make them right nor justify vaccine mandates.
AutoZone who I work for can track me in my assigned truck and knows how I drive and if I wear a seatbelt

that's not any different. my full time job also can do that .

hardly free if your stare allows that and it does as AutoZone is in your state,they time us for deliveries .

they do it for liabikty ,imagine you being unbuckeled and ejected and dead already and striking a pedestrian or causing a second accident .who should take the liability ?AutoZone or the employee ?or the other insurance?drivers?

Yes, there is early treatment available. One that has been showing very positive results is the use of Monoclonal antibodies to help our bodies get a jump start against the infection and speed recovery, avoiding more serious medical needs. But again, this is something the patient must be willing to accept and is not forced upon them.

My wife got this when she tested positive three weeks ago because she has COPD and that makes her a prime target for this virus.
a former member here got covid and was told the vaccine is mearly antibodies ,yup monoclodal and the vaccine are the same they do the same thing ,they simply prime the immune system .they are simply giving you antibodies .you body can't store antibodies it makes them by storing pieces of defeated bugs and once emcontored they simply remember and produce the right antibodies .

he current death toll for Covid-19, which has now mutated into a different virus, stands at 680,000, which is roughly 0.21% of our population.
Contrasting these numbers with the 1918 pandemic, I think it’s a testimony on how quickly we were able to figure out how to best treat it and how vaccinations have helped.

And that IMHO is reason enough.
I also received the full vaccination, and for similar reasons.
While not Covid related, I have lost my Mom, Brother and Father within the last 4 months. So I am acutely sensitive to loosing any loved one for any reason.
I was vaccinated because I did not want to get my family members sick during their last days. Also, I didn’t want Covid myself during their last days. And heaven forbid I was hospitalized during one of them passing.

To boot, my wife got Covid during that time and was a hair away from a vent. I could have lost her too.
Wow! That is a lot to deal with! Thank God that He has sent us the Holy Spirit to be our guide and comforter in these very, very difficult times. I hope and pray that things get better for you in the future.

Contrasting these numbers with the 1918 pandemic, I think it’s a testimony on how quickly we were able to figure out how to best treat it and how vaccinations have helped.
vaccines were in their infancy then a modern medicine .my great aunt (1904 -2002)grandpa john (1907 -1991) would have much to say about this time .she hated doctors and was of thought ya only see them when you are dying .it was like that in her youth .

Actually, there was no vaccine developed or used in 1919 to combat Spanish flu. The flu was all but stopped due to herd immunity. The Spanish flu virus never fully died off and is still with us today to some degree but today we do have fully tested and proven vaccines that are known to be effective. One thing that helped with that was the more rural society and people didn't get around as much as they do today but stayed home more.

You all keep forgetting or ignoring that these Covid vaccines are new and unproven technology that have not been tested over even a minimal period of time per FDA protocol to truly determine their safety. The Pfizer vaccine has obtained full approval from the FDA but it was done in only about 1 year after clinical trials began when it should have taken a minimum of 2 years but more expectantly 4-6 years even if the clinical trials were run simultaneously when normally they are not and for good reason. This begs the question whether the approval came under political pressure.

Last edited:
a former member here got covid and was told the vaccine is mearly antibodies ,yup monoclodal and the vaccine are the same they do the same thing ,they simply prime the immune system .they are simply giving you antibodies .you body can't store antibodies it makes them by storing pieces of defeated bugs and once emcontored they simply remember and produce the right antibodies .
The mRNA vaccines are not the same as monoclonal antibody treatments. Here's what I found.

"Monoclonal antibody treatments are not the same as vaccines. Monoclonal antibodies are medicines that directly deliver man-made antibodies against a virus to your body to help fight off infection. To treat Covid-19, the FDA has approved two monoclonal antibody treatments for emergency use."
(Source: https://www.covidvaccinefacts.org/questions/monoclonal-antibody-treatment-same-vaccine-if-not-whats-difference)

These have been approved for emergency use only and have not yet been fully approved.

"Vaccines work differently. They prompt your immune system to "learn" about the virus and build longer-lasting defenses against it. That includes the production of natural antibodies."
(Source: https://www.covidvaccinefacts.org/questions/monoclonal-antibody-treatment-same-vaccine-if-not-whats-difference)

The mRNA vaccines are not the same as monoclonal antibody treatments. Here's what I found.

"Monoclonal antibody treatments are not the same as vaccines. Monoclonal antibodies are medicines that directly deliver man-made antibodies against a virus to your body to help fight off infection. To treat Covid-19, the FDA has approved two monoclonal antibody treatments for emergency use."

These have been approved for emergency use only and have not yet been fully approved.

"Vaccines work differently. They prompt your immune system to "learn" about the virus and build longer-lasting defenses against it. That includes the production of natural antibodies."

Capture+_2021-09-24-16-24-45-1.png

i can ask two about this one a member of the church the other a nurse who does the infusion of antibodies

Where is says 'the infusion' im not the only fool who tried to scratch that little piece of material off my screen right?

Back