Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Gospel in the Feasts of Israel

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MrVersatile48

Must start a thread on Leviticus 23 @ the gospel in the Feasts of Israel

But autologout looms...

Anyone have the title-named book?

Or Gospel & Kingdom ??

See http://www.ChristianBooks.com

See also the MANY programs @ it - as today's http://www.PaulaWhite.org

& yahoo Zola Levitt

Zola Levitt Ministries
Providing modern day interpretation of world events as they relate to the Bible.
Category: Christian Organizations

http://www.levitt.com - 26k - Cached - More from this site - Save

Zola Levitt Ministries Television
Zola Levitt Ministries Television -- Zola Levitt Presents TV shows and specials online ... V2600  Memorial Service for Zola Levitt ...

http://www.levitt.tv - 41k - Cached - More from this site - Save

Zola Levitt Presents - View Video Specials FREE from Zola Levitt Presents, NEW

Zola Levitt Presents features teaching, interviews, Middle Eastern film footage ... Zola Levitt explains the origin and significance of Passover, demonstrates this ...

http://www.worshipradio.com/home/ZolaVideo.html - 15k - Cached - More from this site - Save

Levitt Letter
Levitt Letter Archives ... Government of Hoodlums, By Zola Levitt ... The Death of Christmas, by Zola Levitt ...

http://www.levitt.com/levletter.html - 33k - Cached - More from this site - Save

& http://www.jhm.org & http://www.HalLindsey.org

Just time to link the 12 Christian TV stations..

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24248

Ian

MrVersatile:

I do not have that book you are inquiring about, but I do have an oldie (but goodie) titled "feasts of Jehovah" by John Ritchie. The book is actually an "antique" once owned by my mother and great Aunt and I never loan it out. It portrays the gospel in the feast days as you are stating.

In later times, I heard a number of ministries teach on these Jewish feast days. Not too long ago, (say 20-some years ago) I remember there was that time when the mainline church considered it a form of heresy, or at the very least, something of an oddity. I called that the "Gentilization of the calendar" where God's time-keeping and holy days were ironically lost amongst the Gentile converts--- the very gospel they accepted was portrayed by those feasts which were given little attention!

I am happy to say that I see a reversal here. BTW, I liked Zola Levitt's booklets on these feasts as well, but understandably he has a Jewish background so that was no surprise that he taught them all along.

LOL, I see names like Hagee and Lindsey and I say huh too.

:biggrin I don't really know who Hagee is but I have read two of Hal Lindsey's books (Late Great Planet Earth and one other one...), and they weren't bad IMO. But I completely missed the reason he posted all that information. I didn't see a single coherent topic invite in that whole post. So I got confused. ;)

hi,

The gospel in the Feasts begin with the word 'sabbath' in Lev.23:3. Christ is the true sabbath. This word means cease or rest. There is no good news until we enter Christ's rest. He has finished the 'work' of salvation. We are invited into His finished work by grace through faith.

We must cease from our own works for they are as filthy rags. Only as we rest in our heavenly position which we have in Christ can we know the peace, the shalom of God.

The Hebrew word for Feast is Mo'ed. It means Appointment. Christ Jesus (Yeshua) was the one and only one who could keep the Appointments. He has kept the first set of Appointments (the Spring Feasts) and we can have confidence that He will as minutely keep the last set of Appointments (the Fall Feasts).

blessings in Christ our Sabbath (Mat.11:28-30),

nol

Leviticus 23:5 (KJV)
5 "In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover."

This was the day Christ died for the sins of His chosen ones. All who put faith in Christ's death and resurrection will be saved from sin and death.

Passover is Christ's death as the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. This is GoodNews!

Leviticus 23:9-11 (KJV)
9 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
10 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:
11 And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.

Passover is the goodnews of Christ's death on our behalf. The Savior died at the very time the temple priests were killing the passover lambs in the afternoon of the 14th of Abib. Jesus was buried just before sundown and the beginning of the 15th, the first sabbath of the 7 day feast of Unleavened Bread. He was crucified on the 4th day of the week (Wednesday). Messiah was 'cut off' in the midst of the day (darkness from noon to 3 PM), in the midst of the week, in the midst of the month (14th) and likely in the midst of a seven year sabbatic cycle.

The next event which fulfills a set time of Lev.23 is the waving of the omer of the First Fruits (Lev.23:9-11). The risen Christ was presented before the throne in the Father's presence on the day following the weekly sabbath. Jesus spoke to Mary on the morning of the 1st day of the week. He told Mary to tell the disciples that He was ascending to His Father and their Father, to His God and their God. This was a way of saying that His ascension had to do with their 'acceptance' (Lev.23:11). Later that day (apparently after His acceptance at God's throne) at evening Jesus met with His disciples and proclaimed peace (shalom) unto them. They were then allowed to touch and and cling to Him (Jn.20:11-21). This acension to God's throne is referred to in Rev.12:5,6.

The goodnews is that men can be accepted as children of Father God by the finished work of Christ. The One who made the Appointment is also the One who kept it.

nol

Passover is the goodnews of Christ's death on our behalf. The Savior died at the very time the temple priests were killing the passover lambs in the afternoon of the 14th of Abib. Jesus was buried just before sundown and the beginning of the 15th, the first sabbath of the 7 day feast of Unleavened Bread. He was crucified on the 4th day of the week (Wednesday). Messiah was 'cut off' in the midst of the day (darkness from noon to 3 PM), in the midst of the week, in the midst of the month (14th) and likely in the midst of a seven year sabbatic cycle.
Excellent nol... and good post overall too. :) Now we're getting somewhere.

tim-from-pa

I do not have that book you are inquiring about, but I do have an oldie (but goodie) titled "feasts of Jehovah" by John Ritchie. The book is actually an "antique"........

A book about the "holidays of the Bible" just came out in 2006 and is readily available on AMAZON.COM.

THE THREAD: GOD'S APPOINTMENTS WITH HISTORY, by Ronald Dart.

http://www.wastelandpress.net/Thread.html

Leviticus 23:15-22 (KJV)
15 And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:
16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.
17 Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD.
18 And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be for a burnt offering unto the LORD, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings, even an offering made by fire, of sweet savour unto the LORD.
19 Then ye shall sacrifice one kid of the goats for a sin offering, and two lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace offerings.
20 And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits for a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest.
21 And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.
22 And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field when thou reapest, neither shalt thou gather any gleaning of thy harvest: thou shalt leave them unto the poor, and to the stranger: I am the LORD your God.

The next Set Time on God's calendar is the count towards the Feast of Weeks (Sevens). From the day of the Wave Sheaf seven sabbaths (49 days) were to be counted. On the day after the seventh sabbath (the 50th day) two loaves of bread were to be waved before the Lord.

In the fulfillment of this Feast in Acts 2 it is called Pentecost, which means '50' in the Greek language. This is the day the Holy Spirit was poured out on the believers giving 'birth' to the church (eklesia) in 30 AD.

Acts 2:1-4 (KJV)
1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

The two loaves that were presented that day per Lev.23 may have signified the two kinds of people that comprise the ekklesia, the Jews and the gentiles. Or the two loaves may signify a dual fulfillment of Holy Spirit out-pouring as described in Acts 2:16-21 and Joel 2:28-32.

Acts 2:16-21 (KJV)
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The reference to the signs in the heavens are portents of the future Day of the Lord wrath. So this prophecy from Joel is not yet totally fulfilled.

I believe that the 'gap' in the middle of the 70th week of Daniel Nine began on the first day of the Pentecost count. See Rev.12:5,6. When the 'gap' closes the count will resume and there will be a second phase of the out-pouring of Joel 2:28-32 within the future last half of the 70th week.

So I see a pentecost count which fell in the 'gap' period and a continuation of the count in the future that will happen within the last 3 1/2 years of the 70th week.

When the full number of the Gentiles have come in (Rom.11:25-27), then God will deal more objectively with Israel (in the end-time).

I see the Spring Feasts of Passover and Wave Sheaf Offering as totally fulfilled and the first phase of Pentecost fulfilled (Acts 2) with a second phase yet to be fulfilled in the last 3 1/2 years.

The Gospel in the Feasts of Lev.23 speaks of Christ our Savior and all He has accomplished in His First Coming but it also speaks of His Second Coming as the Lion who judges the earth. The Fall Feasts speak of His Return. The count towards Pentecost is like the thread that binds the Spring and Fall Feasts together.

nol

Thanks all!

Public PCs here have been off the 'Net since Sat

Those links in the OP were to TV shows most likely to do features on the Feasts of Israel & how they pre-figure the work & purpose of Christ

Isn't Yom Kippur/Day of Atonement today?

If so, this is the date of the crucifixion

I'm sure http://www.Daystar.com was one I omitted: their Fall Sharathon ends today & has featured teaching @ the Feasts of Israel & their gospel parallels

Highlights likely to be repeated today

God bless!

Ian

Leviticus 23 (New International Version)

1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'These are my appointed feasts, the appointed feasts of the LORD, which you are to proclaim as sacred assemblies.

The Sabbath
3 " 'There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a Sabbath to the LORD.
The Passover and Unleavened Bread
4 " 'These are the LORD's appointed feasts, the sacred assemblies you are to proclaim at their appointed times: 5 The LORD's Passover begins at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month.
6 On the fifteenth day of that month the LORD's Feast of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast.
7 On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.
8 For seven days present an offering made to the LORD by fire. And on the seventh day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.' "
Firstfruits
9 The LORD said to Moses, 10 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'When you enter the land I am going to give you and you reap its harvest, bring to the priest a sheaf of the first grain you harvest. 11 He is to wave the sheaf before the LORD so it will be accepted on your behalf; the priest is to wave it on the day after the Sabbath. 12 On the day you wave the sheaf, you must sacrifice as a burnt offering to the LORD a lamb a year old without defect, 13 together with its grain offering of two-tenths of an ephah [a] of fine flour mixed with oilâ€â€an offering made to the LORD by fire, a pleasing aromaâ€â€and its drink offering of a quarter of a hin of wine. 14 You must not eat any bread, or roasted or new grain, until the very day you bring this offering to your God. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live.
Feast of Weeks
15 " 'From the day after the Sabbath, the day you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, count off seven full weeks. 16 Count off fifty days up to the day after the seventh Sabbath, and then present an offering of new grain to the LORD. 17 From wherever you live, bring two loaves made of two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour, baked with yeast, as a wave offering of firstfruits to the LORD. 18 Present with this bread seven male lambs, each a year old and without defect, one young bull and two rams. They will be a burnt offering to the LORD, together with their grain offerings and drink offeringsâ€â€an offering made by fire, an aroma pleasing to the LORD. 19 Then sacrifice one male goat for a sin offering and two lambs, each a year old, for a fellowship offering. [c] 20 The priest is to wave the two lambs before the LORD as a wave offering, together with the bread of the firstfruits. They are a sacred offering to the LORD for the priest. 21 On that same day you are to proclaim a sacred assembly and do no regular work. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live.
22 " 'When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.' "

Feast of Trumpets
23 The LORD said to Moses, 24 "Say to the Israelites: 'On the first day of the seventh month you are to have a day of rest, a sacred assembly commemorated with trumpet blasts. 25 Do no regular work, but present an offering made to the LORD by fire.' "
Day of Atonement
26 The LORD said to Moses, 27 "The tenth day of this seventh month is the Day of Atonement. Hold a sacred assembly and deny yourselves, [d] and present an offering made to the LORD by fire. 28 Do no work on that day, because it is the Day of Atonement, when atonement is made for you before the LORD your God. 29 Anyone who does not deny himself on that day must be cut off from his people. 30 I will destroy from among his people anyone who does any work on that day. 31 You shall do no work at all. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live. 32 It is a sabbath of rest for you, and you must deny yourselves. From the evening of the ninth day of the month until the following evening you are to observe your sabbath."
Feast of Tabernacles
33 The LORD said to Moses, 34 "Say to the Israelites: 'On the fifteenth day of the seventh month the LORD's Feast of Tabernacles begins, and it lasts for seven days. 35 The first day is a sacred assembly; do no regular work. 36 For seven days present offerings made to the LORD by fire, and on the eighth day hold a sacred assembly and present an offering made to the LORD by fire. It is the closing assembly; do no regular work.
37 (" 'These are the LORD's appointed feasts, which you are to proclaim as sacred assemblies for bringing offerings made to the LORD by fireâ€â€the burnt offerings and grain offerings, sacrifices and drink offerings required for each day. 38 These offerings are in addition to those for the LORD's Sabbaths and [e] in addition to your gifts and whatever you have vowed and all the freewill offerings you give to the LORD.)

39 " 'So beginning with the fifteenth day of the seventh month, after you have gathered the crops of the land, celebrate the festival to the LORD for seven days; the first day is a day of rest, and the eighth day also is a day of rest. 40 On the first day you are to take choice fruit from the trees, and palm fronds, leafy branches and poplars, and rejoice before the LORD your God for seven days. 41 Celebrate this as a festival to the LORD for seven days each year. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come; celebrate it in the seventh month. 42 Live in booths for seven days: All native-born Israelites are to live in booths 43 so your descendants will know that I had the Israelites live in booths when I brought them out of Egypt. I am the LORD your God.' "

44 So Moses announced to the Israelites the appointed feasts of the LORD.

Footnotes:

Leviticus 23:13 That is, probably about 4 quarts (about 4.5 liters also in verse 17
Leviticus 23:13 That is, probably about 1 quart (about 1 liter)
Leviticus 23:19 Traditionally peace offering
Leviticus 23:27 Or and fast ; also in verses 29 and 32
Leviticus 23:38 Or These feasts are in addition to the LORD 's Sabbaths, and these offerings are

Isn't Yom Kippur/Day of Atonement today?

If so, this is the date of the crucifixion
That is dead wrong. His crucifixion is directly related to the Passover sacrificial lamb. His crucifixion was on the day of preperation, which is right before the Eve of Passover.

Who told you today is the day of crucifixion? If anything, this time of year is most likely when He was born.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back