Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

He will show you things to come...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
the regeneration
Please explain your concept of "Regeneration" if other than our new birth, and to the timeline of that rule.

To me it simply means what's coming after this present generation... staggering things like the resurrection of the dead, the restitution of all things...
I am sorry to burst your bubble bro. But Jesus goes on to illustrate the principles of the regeneration with His parable of the workers in the vineyard. His parable CLEARLY indicates that the regeneration is about this PRESENT Gospel dispensation. He said, "FOR the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard." The word "FOR" is a logical connective. It means that the parable of the landowner hiring laborers is about the regeneration. This is bolstered by the fact that Jesus said that in the regeneration "the first shall be last, and the last first" (vs. 19:30). He REPEATS this principle at the end of His parable (vs. 20:15).

Jesus gave His disciples the keys to the kingdom. He told them that whatever they would do on earth would also be done in heaven. From that point onward the disciples ruled over the twelve tribes of Israel by bringing them into the kingdom. They were the "laborers" of the parable.

This interpretation is consistent with the context and with the rest of scripture. It also agrees with anthropology which tells us that there are no physical Israelites today. Therefore, the disciples would have had to have ruled over the twelve tribes before the tribes had become extinct.

Christians do Christianity no favors by dismissing anthropological and scientific evidence. They only give athiests valid reasons to mock us.

Ignore the chapter divisions. The parable beginning in chapter 20 is the continuation and the explanation of the regeneration at the end of chapter 19.

Blessings

This is what I said in my post. Eventide has a hard time recieving what the answer to what the whole passage was about. It's about being spirit led, the Holy Spirit will show us things in our future and give us a gimps of the plan of God that we may get in the right direction.

They were confused about why Jesus was leaving them, Jesus said I will not leave you comfortless but send the Holy Spirit that will guide you into all truth and show you things to come. I gave some examples of this.
Christ's words had NOTHING to do with us. It had to do with the Holy Spirit guiding THEM in the writing of New Testament Scripture.

16:11 The Spirit guided the New Testament writers who prepared the new written revelation that would take its place beside the Old Testament Scriptures.

Reformation Study Bible note, page, 1695

And you were talking about the importance of speaking in tongues which has absolutely nothing to do with receiving revelation from the Spirit of God.

Paul said he prays that he may interpret and we speak mysteries to God. I am convinced that speaking in tongues is a big key to getting the wisdom of God into our spirits. This does not mean it's the only way, but speaking in tongues is a awesome tool for every believer to use as part of all the things God has for us in all spiritual blessings.

Mike.

Back