Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello from Gloucester UK

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

lisam

Good evening and god bless everyone.

I am relatively new to Christianity and decided to join this forum which I stumbled across by accident, or maybe it was meant to be.

I'm sorry if I ask any stupid questions in advance. I am looking to make new friends with experienced Christians.

Take care all.

Lisa

Good evening and god bless everyone.

I am relatively new to Christianity and decided to join this forum which I stumbled across by accident, or maybe it was meant to be.

I'm sorry if I ask any stupid questions in advance. I am looking to make new friends with experienced Christians.

Take care all.

Lisa

Greetings, Lisa, and welcome to Christian Forums.

Don't worry about your questions being "stupid" or smart. The fact that you are asking questions is in and of itself a very smart thing to do. Now understand, when you interact on a forum like this, you will be getting responses from people who are generally speaking much older and more educated in what they believe. They will also be coming from a number of different theological perspectives which may not be readily apparent right away, so you have to take into account the source of what's being said as well.

Tell me, do you belong to a denomination in particular, or are you just exploring the Christian faith with an unbiased opinion about doctrines?

Greetings, Lisa, and welcome to Christian Forums.

Don't worry about your questions being "stupid" or smart. The fact that you are asking questions is in and of itself a very smart thing to do. Now understand, when you interact on a forum like this, you will be getting responses from people who are generally speaking much older and more educated in what they believe. They will also be coming from a number of different theological perspectives which may not be readily apparent right away, so you have to take into account the source of what's being said as well.

Tell me, do you belong to a denomination in particular, or are you just exploring the Christian faith with an unbiased opinion about doctrines?
I am looking at the Christian faith I hope with an unbiased view but I'm particularly interested in the church and bible passages. I keep reading things about a second coming? I'm not sure what that means exactly.

Thank you for the welcome and for not making me feel stupid. I appreciate that. If you're on Teleguard too please feel free to add me there, my ID is 5Z22BVVVT

Lisa

Thank you for the welcome and for not making me feel stupid. I appreciate that. If you're on Teleguard too please feel free to add me there, my ID is 5Z22BVVVT

I've never even heard of Teleguard, LoL. But all you have to do with questions you have is post them. You will get almost universal answers to a question like what is the second coming, and then a more broad range of answers for questions where there is more disagreement.

I mostly moderate, so I would leave all that to other members, but one thing to keep in mind too: There are different forums here that focus on all sorts of specific issues and doctrinal beliefs. If you ask in a specific forum, what you will soon get is various members debating between each other on the correct answers. If you only ask in the forum called "Questions and Answers," they are not allowed to debate one another but only address you (out of courtesy), so the discussion may be more limited. But if you want them only addressing your particular line of questioning then that would be the forum to go with.

Again, don't be overwhelmed if you get some answers that seem to go over your head. Most of the members here are 3- 4 times your age and have been Christians most of their lives.

Blessings in Christ, and welcome once again. If there is anything staff can do to help, let us know.

I've never even heard of Teleguard, LoL. But all you have to do with questions you have is post them. You will get almost universal answers to a question like what is the second coming, and then a more broad range of answers for questions where there is more disagreement.

I mostly moderate, so I would leave all that to other members, but one thing to keep in mind too: There are different forums here that focus on all sorts of specific issues and doctrinal beliefs. If you ask in a specific forum, what you will soon get is various members debating between each other on the correct answers. If you only ask in the forum called "Questions and Answers," they are not allowed to debate one another but only address you (out of courtesy), so the discussion may be more limited. But if you want them only addressing your particular line of questioning then that would be the forum to go with.

Again, don't be overwhelmed if you get some answers that seem to go over your head. Most of the members here are 3- 4 times your age and have been Christians most of their lives.

Blessings in Christ, and welcome once again. If there is anything staff can do to help, let us know.
Thank you again, you have made me feel most welcome. I will post the 'what is the second coming?' question in the section you specified. Teleguard btw is quite new, its a user friendly secure messenger thats all.

Lisa

Hey All,
Welcome lisam. Ask your questions. And don't feel inhibited because you think they are stupid. Anybody that calls your questions stupid is not worth your time. So jump in, ask, and have some fun.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Wait, Gloucester is a real place in UK? And still exists in 21st century? I've only heard of this name from Shakespeare's King Lear and Henry VI plays. In Henry VI part 1 and 2, king Henry's uncle and Lord Protector is the duke of Gloucester. Poor guy was caught in the crossfire of the Yorks and the Lancastrians' political fight in the court, England lost nearly all the French land conquered by Henry the V, and the blame was cast on him. First his wife was accused of witchcraft and exiled to a little island, then he was convicted of stealing soldiers' pay and taking bribes from the French, later imprisoned and murdered. Later in Henry VI part 3, king Edward IV's brother Richard the "poisonous bunch-backed toad" inherited the title, the duke of Gloucester, and he became perhaps the most infamous king in English history, a usurper and a murderer. In King Lear it's equally awful, the earl of Gloucester was manipulated by his bastard son to believe that his legitimate son was plotting against him, eventually causing his own demise and the legitimate son's banishment. When you mentioned you're from Gloucester, these characters and stories immediately jump to my mind.

Welcome to the forum, questions are welcomed.
If you don't have a church check out the search function in this link to christianianityexplored.

Back