Christian Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Christian Forum aspires to be an online community where Christians can come together in fellowship with the purpose to encourage, inspire and build up our faith in Christ Jesus. John 13:34-35
  • Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hi from Afghanistan (Army)

wondering

Supporter
From
Italy
The Taliban were founded in southern Afghanistan by Mullah Mohammad Omar, a member of the Pashtun tribe who became a mujahedeen commander that helped push the Soviets out of the country in 1989. In 1994.

Taliban is a fundamentalist Islamic force in Afghanistan.

The Taliban have always been citizens of Afghanistan.

They, unlike us are defending their own country.
It's awful to see those persons abandoning their home and leaving their life behind rather than to live under sharia law.

I don't like theocracies.

wondering

Supporter
From
Italy
I don't like evil theocracies.
Hopeful
I think any theocracy will become evil.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
This is what happened to the CC. It was almost a theocracy since it ruled even the government in many cases, and in some cases it was the only ruler. I'm speaking of about 600 to 800 and through to maybe the 1800's.

I would fear even a Christian theocracy.

Hopeful

From
Arizona
Hopeful
I think any theocracy will become evil.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
This is what happened to the CC. It was almost a theocracy since it ruled even the government in many cases, and in some cases it was the only ruler. I'm speaking of about 600 to 800 and through to maybe the 1800's.

I would fear even a Christian theocracy.
As you must be able to tell, the theocracies that don't serve God are not of God.
Hence, they are not theocracies at all.
Unless their "theo"(?) is the devil.

wondering

Supporter
From
Italy
As you must be able to tell, the theocracies that don't serve God are not of God.
Hence, they are not theocracies at all.
Unless their "theo"(?) is the devil.
Interesting point.
But they THINK they're serving God...
You wouldn't mind a Christian Government?
It will be run by MEN....

JPPT1974

Labor Day 2021
From
Seymour TN
Christian
Yes
Hope you are OK there. As really hope you can come back on as soon as possible. Praying for those that are serving or have served. God bless you!

jasonc

Christian
Yes
Hope you are OK there. As really hope you can come back on as soon as possible. Praying for those that are serving or have served. God bless you!
she left country a long time ago ,irc is no longer in the army