Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hi, i'm new here, and to Christianity.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Rory

I am a 50 year old male from NA. I've struggled with mental health issues for a long time. I've been an addict, but now i'm 3 years sober.
Just 2 weeks ago i found out i have a cardiac arrhythmia, which made me even more scared of the world then i used to be. I used to be a non-believer, or maybe even Atheist.
However, i also felt drawn to Christianity somehow... i felt drawn to the Bible, which i now have multiple of. Even holding one felt so warm and peaceful. Recently i got myself a study Bible, and i feel happy to learn about God. I feel better when i'm learning about Him, and keeping a Bible close to me when i go to sleep. A week ago, i felt like i awoke from sleep because of God. I felt so safe and warm... it was one of the best feelings i had in a long time.
I'm still struggling with believing, because it is all so overwhelming and new to me, so i hoped i could find some support and maybe tips here on this forum!

Thanks for reading this. I wish you all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a 50 year old male from NA. I've struggled with mental health issues for a long time. I've been an addict, but now i'm 3 years sober.
Just 2 weeks ago i found out i have a cardiac arrhythmia, which made me even more scared of the world then i used to be. I used to be a non-believer, or maybe even Atheist.
However, i also felt drawn to Christianity somehow... i felt drawn to the Bible, which i now have multiple of. Even holding one felt so warm and peaceful. Recently i got myself a study Bible, and i feel happy to learn about God. I feel better when i'm learning about Him, and keeping a Bible close to me when i go to sleep. A week ago, i felt like i awoke from sleep because of God. I felt so safe and warm... it was one of the best feelings i had in a long time.
I'm still struggling with believing, because it is all so overwhelming and new to me, so i hoped i could find some support and maybe tips here on this forum!

Welcome to CF.net!

We are all of us made to know, love and enjoy God (1 John 1:3; Matthew 22:36-38). When we do, we fulfill the purpose of our making and encounter a sense of peace, satisfaction and joy that cannot be obtained by any other means. I suspect you're getting a small taste of this in what you've described above.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you, Rory (James 4:6-10). Put off the life of a person living their own way and put on the "new man" who like God is "created in righteousness, holiness and truth." (Ephesians 4:24)

Welcome to CF.net!

We are all of us made to know, love and enjoy God (1 John 1:3; Matthew 22:36-38). When we do, we fulfill the purpose of our making and encounter a sense of peace, satisfaction and joy that cannot be obtained by any other means. I suspect you're getting a small taste of this in what you've described above.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you, Rory (James 4:6-10). Put off the life of a person living their own way and put on the "new man" who like God is "created in righteousness, holiness and truth." (Ephesians 4:24)
Those are some beautiful words, in which i only see the truth. Thank you so much

Hello Rory, Welcome, and how are you? glad that you are here with us. We encourage you to:

2 Timothy 2:15​

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Read full chapter

Love, Walter And Debbie

Hello Rory, Welcome, and how are you? glad that you are here with us. We encourage you to:

2 Timothy 2:15​

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Read full chapter

Love, Walter And Debbie
Hi Walter and Debbie,

Thank you for your, and His, words. I'll continue my Bible study with great interest and love.
I'm doing well at the moment. Thank you for asking! Hope you are doing well also.

Have a nice day and weekend.

Hi Walter and Debbie,

Thank you for your, and His, words. I'll continue my Bible study with great interest and love.
I'm doing well at the moment. Thank you for asking! Hope you are doing well also.

Have a nice day and weekend.
Yes we are doing well, thank you, and have a good day Rory, :)

Love, Walter

"I'm still struggling with believing, because it is all so overwhelming and new to me, so i hoped i could find some support and maybe tips here on this forum!"

Welcome to the forum,

May I suggest you search out and start attending a local church where you can ask questions and learn more about Christianity.
One Web site that can help is the Christianityexplored site which if you search for a course will let you type in your town and will show you churches in that area running this course.

Otherwise may I suggest you start reading the gospel of John, praying that God will help you understand what you are reading.

Welcome to the forum,

May I suggest you search out and start attending a local church where you can ask questions and learn more about Christianity.
One Web site that can help is the Christianityexplored site which if you search for a course will let you type in your town and will show you churches in that area running this course.

Otherwise may I suggest you start reading the gospel of John, praying that God will help you understand what you are reading.
Thank you for the wonderful tips. I will do that! :)

Blessings in Christ, and welcome to the forum!

It's been my experience that you have to be into Christianity for the long haul, as the renewing of the mind and conforming ourselves to Christ takes a great deal of time and effort. But He helps you grow closer and closer to Him if you just keep walking, no matter how many up and downs, successes and failures you might go through. It's those who give up who never see the finish line.

So blessings again, and I hope we can be of service to you. As others have likely already stated, the best support and advice will come from God Himself through His word, so strengthen your relationship with Him, first and foremost.

Welcome once again,
Hidden In Him

Welcome to the site !
Congratulations on the three clean years.
I know how hard that is, but staying clear headed gets easier with time.
(My best trick to thwart temptations was to add up the amount of money I had saved since quitting drugs.
Just cigarettes were $10.00 a day, so every day I kept adding $10.00 to my total.
I week...$70.00
2 Weeks...$140.00
1 month...$280.00
1 year...$3650.00
I saved enough money to buy a new truck, after a few years.
I beat the temptations with mathematics !
Drug and booze costs were even higher !

As for your being drawn to Christianity, what about it was appealing to you ?
For me, it was the freedom from sin that Christ offered.

Blessings in Christ, and welcome to the forum!

It's been my experience that you have to be into Christianity for the long haul, as the renewing of the mind and conforming ourselves to Christ takes a great deal of time and effort. But He helps you grow closer and closer to Him if you just keep walking, no matter how many up and downs, successes and failures you might go through. It's those who give up who never see the finish line.

So blessings again, and I hope we can be of service to you. As others have likely already stated, the best support and advice will come from God Himself through His word, so strengthen your relationship with Him, first and foremost.

Welcome once again,
Hidden In Him
Thank you for your encouraging words! I've rarely felt so welcome at, like anywhere, before. I will walk the path the best I can!

Welcome to the site !
Congratulations on the three clean years.
I know how hard that is, but staying clear headed gets easier with time.
(My best trick to thwart temptations was to add up the amount of money I had saved since quitting drugs.
Just cigarettes were $10.00 a day, so every day I kept adding $10.00 to my total.
I week...$70.00
2 Weeks...$140.00
1 month...$280.00
1 year...$3650.00
I saved enough money to buy a new truck, after a few years.
I beat the temptations with mathematics !
Drug and booze costs were even higher !

As for your being drawn to Christianity, what about it was appealing to you ?
For me, it was the freedom from sin that Christ offered.
Thank you for letting me into your story, it sounds great! You've done an outstanding job! Congratulations with that, keep it up!
I did it mostly cold-turkey. I used my money I saved mostly for things I couldn't buy when I was using, like more clothes/shoes, or get an actual good quality pair of glasses when my old one broke. Things I didn't even think about when I was under the influence...
And a week ago, I just could buy an 90 Euro study Bible without having to worry! Turns out that it is my favorite purchase in a long time!

As for me, what the appealing part was: the warmth and safe feelings I get, whenever I read/touch the Bible or talk and think about God. I felt protected. And the way I awoke from a deep sleep some weeks ago... like I was laying on a soft, warm cloud where I couldn't fall of, with a great energy that was holding my hand.

I still have a long path to take, I'm still learning how to pray, and what to pray (except a couple of prayers for when I continue my Bible study), but I think I will learn that here and in, foremost, His book.

God bless you, and thanks again for your words!

Thank you for letting me into your story, it sounds great! You've done an outstanding job! Congratulations with that, keep it up!
I did it mostly cold-turkey. I used my money I saved mostly for things I couldn't buy when I was using, like more clothes/shoes, or get an actual good quality pair of glasses when my old one broke. Things I didn't even think about when I was under the influence...
And a week ago, I just could buy an 90 Euro study Bible without having to worry! Turns out that it is my favorite purchase in a long time!

As for me, what the appealing part was: the warmth and safe feelings I get, whenever I read/touch the Bible or talk and think about God. I felt protected. And the way I awoke from a deep sleep some weeks ago... like I was laying on a soft, warm cloud where I couldn't fall of, with a great energy that was holding my hand.

I still have a long path to take, I'm still learning how to pray, and what to pray (except a couple of prayers for when I continue my Bible study), but I think I will learn that here and in, foremost, His book.

God bless you, and thanks again for your words!
Remember these words when you are tempted...about anything..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Sometimes the escape as simple as saying "NO".

Remember these words when you are tempted...about anything..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Sometimes the escape as simple as saying "NO".
Thank you so much. I bookmarked it in my Bible :pray

Welcome aboard

John 16:13 kjv
13. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Revelation 3:20 kjv
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

John 1:14 kjv
14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

God himself seeks us.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Welcome aboard

John 16:13 kjv
13. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Revelation 3:20 kjv
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

John 1:14 kjv
14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

God himself seeks us.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Thank you, the prayers are noted. God bless you.

Back