Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hi

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi. I'm Jesus'sGirl. I'm 20, gonna be 21 in March. I'm a junior in college majoring in elementary education and history. I grew up in a Christian home but didn't know Jesus as my savior until a long time later. Now I have a real relationship with Him and feel free because of His sacrifice and love. :)

Thanks. College is hard. Need a B+ in math to pass so I keep checking online to see if my teacher posted my final grade yet. Other than the classes, I like going to Christian groups. That's where I met most of my friends.

Hello again JG! :wave

I hope you settle in here. Just remember, some people have some pretty extreme views of scripture. You might run into them here. ;) But they have honest intentions. You'll find some wonderful people here.

Majoring in History?

Heres an interesting History fact. The Blessed Virgin Mary appeared in 1917 in Fatima Portugal to three shepard children and mentioned that the current war was a consequence of sin. She told people "stop offending God for he is already greatly offended". She said the war would end but if people continued to offend God a second and worse war would happen and that when they saw a night illuminated by an unknown light that was the warning that God would punnish the world with a second and greater war.

She also warned about the rise of communism in Russia and the spreading of Russia's errors throughout the world. She promised a public miracle would take place at the Cova da Iria, Fatima, Portugal, October 13, l917.
This promise got media attention and 70,000 people showed up to witness the "Miracle of the sun" aka Miracle of Fatima (You can google it. There have been many books and Documenteries written about it.)

Two of the Children were told they would die shortly which they did and she told them to offer up all of their suffering and death to atone for sins of the world and in supplication for the conversion of sinners, "because many souls go to Hell because they have no one to pray and sacrifice for them."

Many of the people that showed up at the Cova Da Iria to see the miracle were communists and freemasons (antireligious) people who showed up to mock the event. They testified that they witnessed the miracle and wrote about it in secular newspapers.
This Miracle of Fatima was promised, witnessed by thousands, and the prophecies of the second world war and the rise of communism all came true which makes the miracle of Fatima the greatest supernatural event of the 20th century.

I thought you might want to know that Jesus'sGirl. Since you are a History major I figured you would find that Historical fact to be most intriguing.
Perhaps you already heard about it?

2 things...
1. I'm guessing you are catholic since you're elevating Mary to a level she's not supposed to have. She was Jesus's mother but Jesus is superior to her.
2. Mary was a virgin when she had Jesus but after that she had sex. Matthew 1:18. Mark 6:3. Sex is a gift from God for pleasure to bond with your spouse and procreation. I don't know why Catholics seem to not know these verses.

Just a reminder that discussing Catholic beliefs is not allowed in this forum.

Just a reminder that discussing Catholic beliefs is not allowed in this forum.

Well, I don't want to disparage anyone.

Just sticking to Scripture, period, such as in 'There is one God, and one Mediator between God, and men, the man Christ Jesus', should be okay, though.

Otherwise we have no authority for faith left at all.

Blessings.

Hey I never said a single Catholic doctrine about Mary on this thread
I just mentioned a Historical fact that took place in 1917
Mary has appeared many times in History and warned people about calamities that would come if they didnt turn back to God.
I can say that and not mention a single Catholic Doctrine. There are communists, freemasons, antireligious people that wrote about and witnessed such things. They were not promoting Catholic Dogma by stating what happened.
Marian apparitions are events that happened in History, some people say it came from Diabolic origin but dont deny that it happened after investigating it.
That it is not Doctrine to state what happened and that is why I feel it is safe to post such things on this site.
If someone wants to discuss anything doctirinal or ask me any questions you like, you may send me a personal message to my inbox. I assume it is safe to communicate such things through the personal messaging system...

Last edited by a moderator:
Two of the Children were told they would die shortly which they did and she told
them to offer up all of their suffering and death to atone for sins of the world
and in supplication for the conversion of sinners, "because many souls go to
Hell because they have no one to pray and sacrifice for them."
There is but one Christ One who'd blood saves... ONE who atones for sin.... That is Christ the Son of God....

The above quote is not a fact.

And so, as reba recognizes, if friends who may be Roman Catholic or whatever else, make statements which do not reflect the efficacy of the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus at the Cross, then it is an act of friendship and kindness to point them to relevant Scriptures which speak of the uniqueness of His sin atoning work.

I never said any Doctrine was a fact. That was something that the message contained within it but I never declared the message to be a fact.
The children were told they would die shortly and they did...that is a fact
To state the Miracle of Fatima happened is not saying anything about Doctrine
It is saying that a supernatural event happened. Some people say that the Supernatural event happened but it had some other origin than divine
Therefore the miracle was witnessed by 70,000 people many of them with no religious persuasion wrote about what they saw
That is a FACT. Three illiterate shepard children told the world about the coming of the second world war and the rise of Communism... that is a Historical fact.

Just to clarify not a single Dogma was defined by saying that thousands of people witnessed a miracle, it was promised that it would happen, and prophecies were contained that came true. If you research it from a Historical perspective you will discover it to be a fact because it got so much media attention when it happened...

(Colossians 1:24) "Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. College is hard. Need a B+ in math to pass so I keep checking online to see if my teacher posted my final grade yet. Other than the classes, I like going to Christian groups. That's where I met most of my friends.

Hi there! so did you get your grades?

Hope your studies go well.

Blessings.

Thanks. I got straight c's this semester. I usually get a's and b's but its been a hard couple of months. Talked to the dean. God gave me another chance this semester to pass as im taking the class over and taking a test to see if I can be exempt.

Thanks. I got straight c's this semester. I usually get a's and b's but its been a hard couple of months. Talked to the dean. God gave me another chance this semester to pass as im taking the class over and taking a test to see if I can be exempt.
Hey Jesus's Girl!
I never was much of a student, but I always thought a "c" was as good as a "a"? lol
Has the rules changed or do need to keep your grades at a higher standard?

Hi Mitspa. Some classes you need a b to pass, some a b+, and some a c. Thankfully all my classes this semester I needed a c to pass except the math class.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back