Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Homework, Discussions, and Questions for Lesson 1

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Is there homework and quizzes or are they the same thing? With the syllabus it sounded like it would be a weekly quiz to ensuring the understanding of the material.

Are these quizzes going to be hard? Because I don't understand B and D at all (except the easy bit of homework in B) and the general concept of A and C.

Are these quizzes going to be hard? Because I don't understand B and D at all (except the easy bit of homework in B) and the general concept of A and C.

It looked like Lesson 1 A-D is an introduction to the kind of material that's in the bible. That the bible contains many different kinds of literature. What whose kinds of literature are. And examples of it and explainations if it isn't as well known (like the vassal explaination). It also explains some of the books in the bible.

What sections of B and D are confusing. (I don't know if I can help, but I can try).

I wouldn't worry about the quizzes yet. we're still learning how Jim Parker teaches, and he mentioned the quizzes are for us to know if we understand what was taught. It's for our benifit more than it is for our grade. With that in mind, we can wait to see how the first quiz is and just focus on the material taught. (The way the syllabus was written it sounded like there would be 2 or 3 lessons per week, so I don't think the quiz will be just about lesson 1).

You've got this HeIsRisen. :)

Last edited:
It looked like Lesson 1 A-D is an introduction to the kind of material that's in the bible. That the bible contains many different kinds of literature. What whose kinds of literature are. And examples of it and explainations if it isn't as well known (like the vassal explaination). It also explains some of the books in the bible.

What sections of B and D are confusing. (I don't know if I can help, but I can try).

I wouldn't worry about the quizzes yet. we're still learning how Jim Parker teaches, and he mentioned the quizzes are for us to know if we understand what was taught. It's for our benifit more than it is for our grade. With that in mind, we can wait to see how the first quiz is and just focus on the material taught. (The way the syllabus was written it sounded like there would be 2 or 3 lessons per week, so I don't think the quiz will be just about lesson 1).

You've got this HeIsRisen. :)

*sighs heavily* Idk, just the way that it's worded. I have a lower reading level and understanding what I read than a lot of people on here which is why I use a message Bible. Maybe this was a bad idea to enroll even though I was really excited about it. :sad

*sighs heavily* Idk, just the way that it's worded. I have a lower reading level and understanding what I read than a lot of people on here which is why I use a message Bible. Maybe this was a bad idea to enroll even though I was really excited about it. :sad

Naw, you've got this. And if you have any issues, we've all got your back. Professor Jim Parker too. We're all on the same side here.

The way I'm reading this lesson is more of an introduction for some of the material that will go into more detail later in other lessons. So it might get easier to understand with in a few other lessons. The other way it could be is to differentiate the different styles of writting in the bible and the different books in the bible, so we don't take one part that is written in one way, in the same manner that we take another part that's written with a different literature style.

I know you can do this HeIsRisen. Give it a chance.

Naw, you've got this. And if you have any issues, we've all got your back. Professor Jim Parker too. We're all on the same side here.

The way I'm reading this lesson is more of an introduction for some of the material that will go into more detail later in other lessons. So it might get easier to understand with in a few other lessons. The other way it could be is to differentiate the different styles of writting in the bible and the different books in the bible, so we don't take one part that is written in one way, in the same manner that we take another part that's written with a different literature style.

I know you can do this HeIsRisen. Give it a chance.

Thanks, :) I really appreciate the support. You can call me April by the way. :hug I already got the homework done, I just really don't want to fail this. I was starting to have flashbacks of back when I was in school and all of the other kids used to tease me and make fun of me if I didn't understand something and it made me feel stupid and hurt my feelings. :sad

Thanks, :) I really appreciate the support. You can call me April by the way. :hug I already got the homework done, I just really don't want to fail this. I was starting to have flashbacks of back when I was in school and all of the other kids used to tease me and make fun of me if I didn't understand something and it made me feel stupid and hurt my feelings. :sad

Wait a sec. Thanks April. I think I missed the homework part of lesson 1B. You're helping me now. That answers my first question in this thread about homework and quizzes.

The list of people who are in the class are all nice people I think. And I think we all want the same thing out of the class. To learn and understand the bible better.

I get what you mean about feeling stupid. I've always needed extra time on tests because I'm slower at writting and reading. No one said anything but I always watched how much others finished faster (or finished at all) while I struggled to get half a test done before the time was up.

You're not dumb. I've seen what you write. For now, I better go, but When Jim gets a chance I bet he can help answer your questions or encourage you through this. Don't give up.

I almost forgot. You can call me Heath. :)

Wait a sec. Thanks April. I think I missed the homework part of lesson 1B. You're helping me now. That answers my first question in this thread about homework and quizzes.

The list of people who are in the class are all nice people I think. And I think we all want the same thing out of the class. To learn and understand the bible better.

I get what you mean about feeling stupid. I've always needed extra time on tests because I'm slower at writting and reading. No one said anything but I always watched how much others finished faster (or finished at all) while I struggled to get half a test done before the time was up.

You're not dumb. I've seen what you write. For now, I better go, but When Jim gets a chance I bet he can help answer your questions or encourage you through this. Don't give up.

Thanks, if I could like this comment I would. :thumbsup JohnDB suggested going through it and writing down anything that didn't make sense to me and I'm going to in a little bit. :yes

I almost forgot. You can call me Heath. :)

Alright, nice to meet you Heath. :wave

Is there homework and quizzes or are they the same thing? With the syllabus it sounded like it would be a weekly quiz to ensuring the understanding of the material.
I haven't put a quiz together yet.
It will be solely for the purpose of highlighting a few points and review.

I hope not.
They will only be to highlight parts of the lesson.
There are no grades.
There is no "Pass" or "Fail."
The class is just for learning.
Have fun!

You can't help but get something out of the course.
Whatever you get will be more than you had even if it's just a little.
Don't sweat it. Enjoy!

Alright so I read through B again and I understood everything up until the literary conventions paragraph after taking @ JohnDB's advice about writing notes down with a pen and paper. I still don't get a word of D at all though and what it's talking about. :confused2

Back