Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

House Churches

And how can we know the multitudes of strangers in a mega church setting? As such, I believe in small churches of at most 100-200 people. That way, we will get to know one another and could possibly care for and love one another.

That's a very good size to me as well. :thumb Not as a law, of course, but as you say there is wisdom in it. If the membership is particularly close to the Lord, even a small house church of a dozen or two can likewise be great. Just depends on if they are open to the leading of the Holy Spirit and capable of being led by Him.

My body lives in sin, I only call myself a Christian because I put my hope and trust in Christ and i know i want to to better, like Paul said he wants to do good but does what he doesnt want to do but he knows where his salvation is and where is hope and trust and faith is and that was his joy and he stressing out trying to give the message and keep the church straight knowing what's good.

I'm a sinner. I know I cannot live up to Gods expectations so my faith and hope is in Christ alone im in the flesh and i struggle everyday. Thats all. I could try pretend to be good and perfectly righteous but I know im not and i got issues and battes, so why pretend and be a fake . It's all a spiritual battle for life. Praise God for better or worse.
You're not a sinner brother, you've been saved by grace through faith. (In Jesus, through his sacrifice on the cross and his blood) You are a new creation. Now you just need to allow the Holy Spirit to come and be your helper.

I don't like big, mega churches. I prefer small, community churches where everyone knows each other. As Christians, we are brothers and sisters in Christ and called to love each other. How can we love someone if we hardly know him or her? And how can we know the multitudes of strangers in a mega church setting? As such, I believe in small churches of at most 100-200 people. That way, we will get to know one another and could possibly care for and love one another.
I understand and agree with how you feel regarding smaller churches as I too prefer the more family-like fellowship however, I'd like to comment on your question, "How can we love someone if we hardly know him or her?"

When Scripture tells us to love others, it doesn't say just those who we are friends with or those we know, but all. I'm reminded of the parable of the good Samaritan where we can learn about this.

And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?” So he answered and said, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and 'your neighbor as yourself.’” And He said to him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.” But he, wanting to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?” Then Jesus answered and said: “A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion. So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.’ So, which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?” And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.” Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”
Luke 10:25-37 NKJV

This lesson is emphasized even more here.

“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’ Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’ Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Matthew 25:31-46 NKJV

I don't like big, mega churches. I prefer small, community churches where everyone knows each other. As Christians, we are brothers and sisters in Christ and called to love each other. How can we love someone if we hardly know him or her? And how can we know the multitudes of strangers in a mega church setting? As such, I believe in small churches of at most 100-200 people. That way, we will get to know one another and could possibly care for and love one another.
True

Back