Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Bible Study How Can One Have Faith and No Works?

After 3 pages of debate on the merits of keeping the Law, you have convinced me that I should become a Jehovah's Witness ...

Amen.

That is exactly what our aim was.

It was all about you all along.

Amen.
That is exactly what our aim was.
It was all about you all along.
Galatians 5:16-26 NASB
16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. 17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

Since I detect a hint of sarcasm, could you please clarify which of the fruit of the Spirit this 3 page 'conversation' was attempting to exercise ... so I can recognize it if I see it again. :shrug

Where does it mention being dunked in water as it is you that is adding to the scripture. I have showed you many times the difference between Jon's baptism after one repents and that of Christ baptism which is for receiving the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Again, what about those who are incapable of being immersed in water. Does that mean they are not saved, or that God makes special provision for them to be saved, think about that.

Never said we no longer have to keep His commandments, but you are making water baptism and act of working for our salvation when it is a free gift of God by his grace through faith to all who will believe, not to all who are dunked in water.

If we truly love God, then we will obey, Every word" that proceeds out of the mouth of God, because we know that man shall not live by bread alone (Matthew 4:4). Pay attention to the words coming out of Jesus mouth..."And he said unto them, go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:15- 16). Listen people! Baptism is a commandment or requirement for salvation. To reject baptism is death; so, why will you die? Every soul that is baptized honors God and every soul that rejects baptism dishonors God. "And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him." (Luke 7:29-30). People, if you are in a position to be baptized, why reject the counsel of God? Rejecting God's counsel will get you eternal life in the burning flames (lake of fire) with the scribes and Pharisees. "For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, Ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5: 20). Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16):

Now normally when a person read the writing of Jesus Christ, that should be sufficient enough.

Again, Lets take a look and see another situation of the Baptism, because some people don’t believe in going into the water, but believe in sprinkles. Les go into Acts 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. 36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. 39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing. 40 But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Cæsarea.

No sprinkles, you have to go into the water!

Which commandments? If you keep Jesus's commandment to love as HE has loved you are in fulfillment of the commandments.

A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

19“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 20You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.’a

21“All these I have kept since I was a boy,” he said.

22When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

He lacked Jesus. And the commandments that cause harm, deceit in court or, illwill towards others are still important. They can be kept as well as abstaining from sexual immorality. But even so you still need Jesus for eternal life. So that the guilt of ones own sin doesn't remain on the head of the one who commits sin. The forgiveness and removal of sin is found in Jesus as that is the condition the Father has set the one who sent Jesus so people may not die but have eternal life. People are judged because they rejected Jesus they are judged according to what they have done. Their guilt remains because they rejected the forgiveness of sin found in Jesus. And they refused to repent. As everyone who sins is a slave to sin unless the Son sets them free. No slave has a permanent place in a family but a son remains forever.

Zacchaeus a chief Tax Collector enters the kingdom of God by faith in Jesus and spirit to stop doing wrong and start doing right (repentance) Jesus stated of Him a sign of salvation. A sincere faith.

But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”
Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

The law demanded stoning for this women but the law came by Moses and grace and truth came by Jesus.
The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women.Now what do you say?” 6They were using this question as a trap,in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11“No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,”Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

gal 3:2 doesn't mean we are free to continue to sin but it does mean salvation is by grace alone the gift of God of God is freely given as what God gives He gives freely but what one earns from man they might have to work hard for.
Gal 3:2 NIVI would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?
Col 2 niv
When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made youd alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.e

Freedom From Human Rules

16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 1

Like I said commands in regard to harm, illwill towards others are a violation of Jesus's command to love one another as He has loved. If you follow Jesus's command you are keeping the commandments. Like the man on the cross who asked Jesus to remember him when Jesus came into His Kingdom the forgiveness of sin can't be earned by works or bought by money it is by grace alone.

And about grace. Gal 2:21 NIV
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

Lets read with understanding what Paul said in (Gal. 3:1, 13, 16-17, 19, 24) (v.1) O FOOLISH Ga-la’-tians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? (v.13) Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, CURSED IS EVERYONE THAT HANGETH ON A TREE: What law is this talking about? Let the bible speak for itself. (v.16) Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, and to seeds, as of many; but as of One, AND TO THY SEED, which is Christ. (v.17) And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. Now pay attention, the law that is being spoken of here came four hundred and thirty years after this covenant. But God’s holy commandments have been around forever even before man was created. Remember that Satan was kicked out of heaven because iniquity (sin) was found in him. And what is sin? The transgression of the law (commandments). (v.19) Wherefore then serveth the law? A question is being asked here. Then why should we serve this law? It was added because of transgression, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; the law that we are talking about here was added because of sin. But we now know that sin is the transgression of the law. How do you add a law if sin is the transgression of the law? Because there are two sets of laws, you have God’s holy commandments which abided forever, and you had the animal sacrificial law which was added because of sin, but it was only good until the seed should come to whom the promise was made, and that seed was Jesus. (v.24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. This animal sacrificial law was only a schoolmaster. And this schoolmaster taught you that when you sinned in ignorance blood had to be shed (an animal sacrificed). But Christ being the ultimate sacrifice shed his precious blood once and for all, and by doing this putting an end to the animal sacrificial law.

If you are following all of the writing of Paul, then you will find out that you are following Jesus, and if you are truly following Jesus then you are following the law of God.

Peter 3:8 is in regard to a

Just focus on what was clearly understood and taught about "the" resurrection then read Rev 20. It would be on the last day. Jesus would send out His angels to gather His elect from the ends of the heavens (The resurrection of us ALL) It will be a bodily resurrection in new bodies not of the dust of the earth. Those elect left alive on that last day will be caught up to the Lord so that they also can be clothed with immortality as flesh and blood can't inherit eternity. Again on that last day. Therefore those not raised on that day (1st Resurrection ) in Rev must be those who suffer.

You going to have to point out what you are talking about in Revelation,

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus will return once, to gather His people at the resurrection and rapture, and destroy the antichrist.

This all occurs at His coming, when He appears and every eye will see Him.

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.
2 Thessalonians 2 1:8

again

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive andremain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

• Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

JLB

You can't find the word rapture in the BIble, so first resurrection it is. Didn't you read in Revelation 22: 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

The first resurrection is for the saint, not just any and everybody. Paul says in
1 Thessalonians 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Not sure if anyone posted James 2:14-26

14What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is uselessd? 21Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”eand he was called God’s friend. 24You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

You going to have to point out what you are talking about in Revelation, and don't be lazy write the veres out as I do. Thanks
I think those seeking need to be more humble lest those who try to take time to answer such questions remain silent due to the attitude of the one asking. Clearly I am speaking of the 1st Resurrection as noted in Rev as "the" resurrection on the last day as Jesus taught and was well understood the resurrection of us all as he would send out His angels to gather His elect from the ends of the heavens. And that those not raised on that day (1st resurrection in Rev) must be those who suffer.

Galatians 5:16-26 NASB
16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. 17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

Since I detect a hint of sarcasm, could you please clarify which of the fruit of the Spirit this 3 page 'conversation' was attempting to exercise ... so I can recognize it if I see it again. :shrug

So the fruit of the Spirit is contengient upon you seeing it?

Let’s see if you can recognize (see) which fruit of the Spirit, is being portrayed in this statement by James.

19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19-20

What fruit of the Spirit does James indicate is being portrayed, by those who turn a brother back, who has wandered from the truth?

JLB

I think those seeking need to be more humble lest those who try to take time to answer such questions remain silent due to the attitude of the one asking. Clearly I am speaking of the 1st Resurrection as noted in Rev as "the" resurrection on the last day as Jesus taught and was well understood the resurrection of us all as he would send out His angels to gather His elect from the ends of the heavens. And that those not raised on that day (1st resurrection in Rev) must be those who suffer.

The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Posting the word of God is what you suppose to do, to prove what you saying. Over the years many have taught various ways to receive everlasting life. No wonder the world is full of so many denominations. All of these different doctrines, seemingly coming from the bible, tend only to confuse people. Most people don't know what to believe and simply choose not to attend any church. Nevertheless, the bible speaks of only one way to get eternal salvation. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5).

The road to eternal salvation starts with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures. God doesn't want us to memorize two or three verses, but instead he left the entire bible so we can learn how to get salvation. If we learn it, believe it and obey it (the bible), salvation will be our reward. Before you can start any task you must first know about it and without the key of knowledge we are lost. "...thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make the wise unto salvation..." (II Timothy 4:15).

You can find it in the Latin Bible.
It's where we got the English word.

And that happens every time a believer is baptized and is joined to Jesus in His death and burial and then raised to new life in Christ.

A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, "... KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS" (Matthew 19:16-19).

This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).

True saints realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. (Revelation 14:12)

So when a believer get baptized this is what needed to done, to have eternal life. Keep Commandments!

A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, "... KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS" (Matthew 19:16-19).
The man was a Jew under the Law.
I'm not.
True saints realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life.
Gal 2:16 a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Posting the word of God is what you suppose to do, to prove what you saying. Over the years many have taught various ways to receive everlasting life. No wonder the world is full of so many denominations. All of these different doctrines, seemingly coming from the bible, tend only to confuse people. Most people don't know what to believe and simply choose not to attend any church. Nevertheless, the bible speaks of only one way to get eternal salvation. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5).

The road to eternal salvation starts with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures. God doesn't want us to memorize two or three verses, but instead he left the entire bible so we can learn how to get salvation. If we learn it, believe it and obey it (the bible), salvation will be our reward. Before you can start any task you must first know about it and without the key of knowledge we are lost. "...thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make the wise unto salvation..." (II Timothy 4:15).
What work did the guy on the cross next to Jesus perform to have his sins forgiven? Ref:" Today you shall be with me in paradise"

This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).

True saints realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. (Revelation 14:12)

So when a believer get baptized this is what needed to done, to have eternal life. Keep Commandments!
Their is a difference between obedience and works. Those who love the Lord will obey Him then He and His Father will make their home with that person.
Those that continue to do these things (sin)don't inherit eternal life
For it is from within, out of a person's heart, that evil thoughts come--sexual immorality, theft, murder,
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,
But the forgiveness of is a free gift of God. Who said the saints didn't have good works? We just don't work fo our salvation. The lack of sinning is not works is it? Its a sign of true salvation.

The work of God is to believe in the One He sent.

What work did the guy on the cross next to Jesus perform to have his sins forgiven? Ref:" Today you shall be with me in paradise"

Lets take a look at it in Luke 4: 14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. 4:15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. 4:16And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

At that time Jesus did those things right on the spot for those who had faith, and still those healing can be done, but you have to follow, “
Every word" that proceeds out of the mouth of God, because we know that man shall not live by bread alone (Matthew 4:4). The guy on the cross also repented, and his sins were forgiven. So the acceptable year of the Lord is over, but we still can have similar result if not the same, if is we follow what thus says the Lord.

The man was a Jew under the Law.
I'm not.

Gal 2:16 a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

I agree, but the works Paul is talking about in that verse is the animal sacrificial law not the Royal Law (Ten commandments). Paul explained this in; (Heb.10:1, 9-10,18,26-27) (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you.
(v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgement and the lake of fire (fiery indignation).

Lets take a look at it in Luke 4: 14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. 4:15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. 4:16And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

At that time Jesus did those things right on the spot for those who had faith, and still those healing can be done, but you have to follow, “
Every word" that proceeds out of the mouth of God, because we know that man shall not live by bread alone (Matthew 4:4). The guy on the cross also repented, and his sins were forgiven. So the acceptable year of the Lord is over, but we still can have similar result if not the same, if is we follow what thus says the Lord.

Can you provide us with some New Testament scriptures that instruct us how to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant?

Based on the scripture you used that has the Sabbath mentioned in it, it shows Jesus went to the synagogue to read.

Is that the point of this thread, to persuade Christians to attend a synagogue on the Sabbath?

JLB

Back