Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How can the Bible be divinely inspired?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The Holy Spirit has revealed the lies and deceptions of the Roman Catholic "church" to me early on in my Christianity. The Holy Spirit has done nothing but reinforce that correct understanding with more and more information concerning their false teachings.

The Roman Catholic "church" is the seat of the enemy, and God will destroy it as described in Revelation 18. Stay in the Roman Catholic "church" if you desire, but this is a warning for all who are in her to come out of her so that you do not take part in her plagues.

Solo said:
The Holy Spirit has revealed the lies and deceptions of the Roman Catholic "church" to me early on in my Christianity. The Holy Spirit has done nothing but reinforce that correct understanding with more and more information concerning their false teachings.

Sorry, Solo, the Holy Spirit has revealed no such thing to you. That is the devil trying to keep you out of God's Church. He will always be a liar, Solo. Run from him and his lies...

Solo said:
The Roman Catholic "church" is the seat of the enemy, and God will destroy it as described in Revelation 18. Stay in the Roman Catholic "church" if you desire, but this is a warning for all who are in her to come out of her so that you do not take part in her plagues.

Another ridiculous statement that is untrue. It would be idiotic for John to condemn his own Church in his writings. Thus, Revelation 18 has NOTHING to do with the Church, but with those who are AGAINST the Church! Have you actually READ Revelation 18? God's plagues are for those who refuse to worship God. We certainly worship God...

I am beginning to worry about you again. Earlier, the judgmental comments against a believer, and now this? Are you suggesting that the Scriptures say that God will punish those who worship Him? I am beginning to see which "spirit" is guiding you. Run from him, Solo. Run to the arms of the Church.

I will pray for your soul today at Eucharistic Adoration.

Regards

"And no wonder: for Satan himself transformeth himself into an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:14

I know life without the Holy Spirit and I know life with the Holy Spirit residing within me, and I know the Holy Spirit's interpretation of the queen Babylon written about in Revelation 18. The queen Babylon is the cultic Roman Catholic "church", and the false teachings that she teaches to keep her people in bondage. Only those without eyes and ears will not see and hear. May God open the eyes of the unbelieving and the ears of the unbelieving for the glory of God Almighty in Jesus name. Amen.

Solo said:
I know life without the Holy Spirit and I know life with the Holy Spirit residing within me, and I know the Holy Spirit's interpretation of the queen Babylon written about in Revelation 18. The queen Babylon is the cultic Roman Catholic "church", and the false teachings that she teaches to keep her people in bondage. Only those without eyes and ears will not see and hear. May God open the eyes of the unbelieving and the ears of the unbelieving for the glory of God Almighty in Jesus name. Amen.

You have yet to explain to me how you know that the Holy Spirit tells you such things, as He tells me something different.

As to "queen Babylon", you'll have to explain that one, I don't see it. John is writing about something that had existed at the time - pagan Rome. He wasn't writing about something to come - as according to you, the Catholic Church didn't exist until 597 AD. Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

As a result, I do not believe that the Holy Spirit is telling you such things, because the Spirit is not illogical. The Spirit said "He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you (apostles and their successors) despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me. Luke 10:16.

I see nothing there about following Solo. Only about following God and His proper representatives that HE sent. You send yourself.

And finally, to take this conversation in a different direction, I would like you to tell me what it takes to be saved - why can't I be saved while being a Catholic? I thought that "faith alone" saves, not what religious affiliation you belonged to. Is there another disconnect with logic here? You are telling me to leave the Church to become saved - but I thought that faith saves...

If I have faith in Jesus Christ as my personal savior, you have nothing else to say about this subject and my salvation - according to your own soteriological outlook.

You can't have it both ways. Again.

Regards

Back