Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study How Can We Know When A Christian Leader Has Been Anointed To Speak and Teach?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jacob62

Yes, anointing does exist. How is it authenticated for any given person in leadership?

1.) Their training? Nope. The source of training cannot guarantee anything. Certification on a paper means nothing.

2.) Their communication skills? Nope. Smooth talkers are easily false talkers.

3.) Professional demeanor? Nope. Means nothing.

4.) Their personal testimony? Nope. Nothing guarantees they are faithful to it.

5.) The witness of other people? Nope. They can be fooled.

6.) Speaking in a babbling tongue? Nope. Babbling glossolalia means nothing in regard to wisdom and knowledge.

7.) Time in service? Nope. Might be an indicator, but is not a determinant.

8.) A loving demeanor and heart? Nope. Loving Christians do not automatically have Godly doctrine and wisdom on Scripture.

9.) Witness of The Spirit, or testing of a
their spirit? Nope. No person can either state or demonstrate how this takes place.

10.) Speaking the Name of Jesus? Nope. Matt. 7:21-23 gives Jesus Himself stating many people will in His Name "Prophecy, cast out devils, and do many wonderful works" yet be in disobedience to God, and are not of God.

There is today no manner any person's "anointing" can be verified. It could be done during the times of the Apostles, but not today.

Yes, anointing does exist. How is it authenticated for any given person in leadership?

1.) Their training? Nope. The source of training cannot guarantee anything. Certification on a paper means nothing.

6.) Speaking in a babbling tongue? Nope. Babbling glossolalia means nothing in regard to wisdom and knowledge.

8.) A loving demeanor and heart? Nope. Loving Christians do not automatically have Godly doctrine and wisdom on Scripture.

their spirit? Nope. No person can either state or demonstrate how this takes place.

10.) Speaking the Name of Jesus? Nope. Matt. 7:21-23 gives Jesus Himself stating many people will in His Name "Prophecy, cast out devils, and do many wonderful works" yet be in disobedience to God, and are not of God.

There is today no manner any person's "anointing" can be verified. It could be done during the times of the Apostles, but not today.

I take it you've been told by believers or a church that you don't have the anointing. Perhaps you should listen to them.

Of course Christians recognize the anointing. If you have it, you have it. If you don't, you don't.

Quantrill

I take it you've been told by believers or a church that you don't have the anointing. Perhaps you should listen to them.

Of course Christians recognize the anointing. If you have it, you have it. If you don't, you don't.

Quantrill
"The anointing" is imaginary. The babbling confusion remains authentic for what it is.

For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Hebrews 5:13-14

For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Hebrews 5:13-14
So true. Those who claim to be "anointed" are like mere children speaking nothing more than shallow speculations. They have no substance beyond emotional zeal and busy talk.

So true. Those who claim to be "anointed" are like mere children speaking nothing more than shallow speculations. They have no substance beyond emotional zeal and busy talk.

I really don’t know about everyone who claims to be anointed.

You sure seem to paint everyone with a broad brush, just slandering everyone who doesn’t fit into your mold.

I would be careful if I were you, speaking against God’s anointed ones.

JLB

I really don’t know about everyone who claims to be anointed.

You sure seem to paint everyone with a broad brush, just slandering everyone who doesn’t fit into your mold.

I would be careful if I were you, speaking against God’s anointed ones.

JLB
You just stated you do not know anyone who is anointed. Yet, you claim they exist today. Is that honest and logical?

Have you considered being careful about speaking more appropriately to those who identify error of many Christians who follow fables about "anointing?" Perhaps we should discuss the heresy of The New Apostolic Reformation.

You just stated you do not know anyone who is anointed.

Wow!!!

I never said any such thing.

You really have a problem with understanding what is written.

This explains alot.

JLB

Wow!!!

I never said any such thing.

You really have a problem with understanding what is written.

This explains alot.

JLB
Share with us how you know they are anointed. Remember, that was the original topic of this thread. The TOS here specify posts are to relate to the Thread topic, rather than divert away from it.

Thanks for your leadership

Jesus said we could tell the false prophets by their fruit.
Ask "the anointed" if they commit sin.

Jesus said we could tell the false prophets by their fruit.
Ask "the anointed" if they commit sin.
Of course they do. No Christian can live without some instances of sin against God.

Give your Bible verse about living without sin

I find their presence a good indicator. It's hard to explain this one, but their presence doesn't feel malicious. They are often friendly, willing to listen, wanting to reach out to other, and their sermons are their own.

The way they live tells a lot - we don't always know this (which isn't always 100% known, but things come out sooner or later). Do they encourage sinful behavior? If so, it doesn't mean they aren't appointed by God, but they are using their gifts to encourage sin and shouldn't be a minister until they do a 360 in their life. I have seen people who have the gifts to preach and reach a crowd use that gift for evil, even though they call themselves Christian. They have the calling, but aren't following it. Perhaps another idea to ponder upon.

Often times they want to listen and help others out. They are passionate about spreading the word of God and enriching their lives for Jesus.

When they come up with their own sermons from scratch by using what God has placed upon their hearts to say, that's a good indicator, too. They have a gift for preaching and it shows.

I remember coming across a pastor at a church. He seemed so great and I thought he had a real gift, but I learned all of his sermons were ripped off of YouVersion and they were amazing to me because I hadn't heard them before. My husband was bored most of the time, and he just didn't wanna ruin it for me, but he'd say that sermon sounded so familiar. He used canned sermons. I found out that he had an issue growing up where he looked up to this guy who was a pastor and the pastor told him, "You'll never be a pastor of your own church." So I started to wonder if he had such a hurt in his heart that it was more of a, "I'm going to prove him wrong!" than accepting that perhaps his calling was elsewhere. There was an associate pastor in there that I missed a lot, he was always on fire - I really enjoyed him. I felt he should've been the lead pastor, he really had a gift for preaching. He said he felt God was telling him to move away to a new church in which he was going to be the lead pastor. This decision ripped the church in half. Some people stopped going. It really did show who had the gift to pastor and who possibly had a different calling.

"The anointing" is imaginary. The babbling confusion remains authentic for what it is.

I don't know what you believe the anointing is, but whatever you believe it is, you are wrong. Explain. You said it exists in post #(1). So explain what it is. Then tell me why you think you have it.

Quantrill

Last edited:
I find their presence a good indicator. It's hard to explain this one, but their presence doesn't feel malicious. They are often friendly, willing to listen, wanting to reach out to other, and their sermons are their own.

The way they live tells a lot - we don't always know this (which isn't always 100% known, but things come out sooner or later). Do they encourage sinful behavior? If so, it doesn't mean they aren't appointed by God, but they are using their gifts to encourage sin and shouldn't be a minister until they do a 360 in their life. I have seen people who have the gifts to preach and reach a crowd use that gift for evil, even though they call themselves Christian. They have the calling, but aren't following it. Perhaps another idea to ponder upon.

Often times they want to listen and help others out. They are passionate about spreading the word of God and enriching their lives for Jesus.

When they come up with their own sermons from scratch by using what God has placed upon their hearts to say, that's a good indicator, too. They have a gift for preaching and it shows.

I remember coming across a pastor at a church. He seemed so great and I thought he had a real gift, but I learned all of his sermons were ripped off of YouVersion and they were amazing to me because I hadn't heard them before. My husband was bored most of the time, and he just didn't wanna ruin it for me, but he'd say that sermon sounded so familiar. He used canned sermons. I found out that he had an issue growing up where he looked up to this guy who was a pastor and the pastor told him, "You'll never be a pastor of your own church." So I started to wonder if he had such a hurt in his heart that it was more of a, "I'm going to prove him wrong!" than accepting that perhaps his calling was elsewhere. There was an associate pastor in there that I missed a lot, he was always on fire - I really enjoyed him. I felt he should've been the lead pastor, he really had a gift for preaching. He said he felt God was telling him to move away to a new church in which he was going to be the lead pastor. This decision ripped the church in half. Some people stopped going. It really did show who had the gift to pastor and who possibly had a different calling.
Thank you for your answer.

However, none of those fine features of Godly speaking and pastoring are specific for what Pentecostals try to call "anointing."

I don't know what you believe the anointing is, but whatever you believe it is, you are wrong. Explain. You said it exists in post #(1). So explain what it is. Then tell me why you think you have it.

Quantrill
I have not said I personally have it. Please upgrade your reading comprehension just a bit. Thanks.

Spiritual anointing is not commonly mentioned in the NT. In 2 Cor. 1:21 Paul states they have been anointed by God. In 1John 2:27 John states the Believers then in general are anointed by God to receive truth. In Acts 20:38 Luke states Jesus was anointed by God with power and the Holy Spirit. In Hebrews 1:9 the writer speaks of Messianic Jews having been anointed with the "oil of gladness."

#5548 Anointing in Strong's gives "consecrate." Webster's Dictionary gives "consecrate" to be "set apart, holy, sacred, dedicated."

Certainly Jesus was truly anointed to do all He did. However, an appropriate conclusion is that Scripture uses spiritual anointing of Christ's Believers in a very generalized and broad manner, having nothing to do with the infamous screaming and pseudo authority promoted by today's Pentecostals. Compounded upon their misappropriation of this word and concept is their inability to even reliably define the concept. Hence, they constantly fabricate their own notion of what it should be.

What do you mean by lifestyle? Bouncing around for Jesus? "Oh!!-Shon-da-la-HOOOO-Yaaahhh!!?"

"Glow-Rehhh!!?" Yes?

No I mean by how he or you or I live everyday. Are we all men of integrity, honest, upright, reliable, kind, approachable, willing to listen and talk through differences.

In short do people see Jesus in your minister, in you or in me.

Want a rough rule of thumb. ' would you buy a used car from this person?'

Last edited:
Back