Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

How do we know what God's planning?

Hi, I am currently in need of direction from The Lord regarding my job. I have been working as a social worker with children and families for the past 14 years. I am now feeling mentally and physically tired from my job. I do believe the Lord placed me in my career to serve others and the job has been rewarding but I do find that day in and day out I am dealing with one negative situations after another. I do feel that there has got to be more to the Lords plans in terms of my career. I have the desire to go deeper into Scriptures and to learn more about The Lord as we'll as drawing closer to him. I have just completed two courses at my church bible college in the evening which I have really enjoyed and I want to do more courses. However I feel most of the time discouraged due to my job to the point where I start to feel resentful because I feel that my job can impact on my walk with The Lord as well as my time with my children in terms of when I finish work late which leaves me to tired to do anything even if it is on the weekend. I beat up on myself for not being more proactively involved in the church due to feeling tired and discouraged. This can also affect my pray life. I do not want to make any hasty decisions regarding my career in case this is not the Lords will for me to leave, even though I am unclear as to what else I can do because I have spent most of my career as a social worker. I know The Lord is in control and he does not gives us more than we can handle. But I do feel unsure about how much more I can handle and what The Lord has in store for me.
Dear Sister Helena, it is not always the occupation, but the manner in which we occupy it. It is not uncommon to become disenchanted with opposition from every front, but that can be the trial of our faith as well. 1 Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you. 1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

I believe without exception God leads us that will be, or are His into certain professions for our, and other's good. I remember circumstances that changed location and jobs in my life to become associated with Christians that literally changed my life. I would advise to look up because you will realize God's purpose as time allows. Psalms 23 always comes to mind as we read that God leads us in paths of righteousness for His Name's sake, and I would offer that His sake is always for our good. In other words, don't despair where God has you for you belong to Him, and as with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego One like as unto the Son of God is in the fire with you.

Dear Father, please strengthen this dear saint in body and spirit as you are preparing her for Your best for now and throughout eternity in Jesus' name. As with David asking for the joy of his salvation to be restored, please bring to her the peace that passes understanding in all she does. Amen and thank You Father.

Hi Helena,

I know your struggles as being in the Human Services field now for the last 17 or so years, 11 of them with our Children Services authority in the province I work in. I know the expectation is to do more with less every single year, while dealing with ever increasing complex cases and needs families are presenting with. Mental health, FASD, PTSD, etc, etc, etc. You Helena have, IMO, one of the top 5 stressful jobs in the western world and it is just becoming more and more stressful.

This is just me and my experience, and solely mine, so I am not telling you at all to do what I do or did.

About 6 months before I became saved, I had an urge to quit my full time job with Children Services and took a 1 year temporary position with our justice ministry. I became saved, and lull and behold God put me in this position to share the gospel with my clients. That is my sole focus each and every day to minister, witness, and share the hope that I have in Christ. That is my mission every day. I have found many of my clients are at or near the lowest point of their lives, and their hearts are ready to hear about the saviour humanity needs. I never worried about my employment and put my faith in God he would provide, and wouldn't you know it, I was offered a full time position without a competition in the midst of a hiring freeze. God is great!

I still have the same bureaucratic ridiculousness in my position that I know you have that stifles productivity, but I no longer really care to tell you the truth. I share the hope in Christ, and when someone is open to receiving it, it makes my day and makes up for whatever has burdened me for that day. If your job is impacting your ability to be an effective parent, then maybe it might be time for a change. IMO, I don't believe God would hold it against you to give up your job that is sapping your resources to gain more time and energy with your family.

God bless and prayers towards you and your family

-Read the word
(Faith comes by hearing, hearing by the word of God)
-Pray
-Pray
-Pray without ceasing... Ask, Seek Knock
-Have faith
(It's impossible to please God without faith)

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. - 2 Peter 3:9

Back