Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study how do you debate the lovley atheists

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Thats true just read about a women who claimed Christianity but left the catholic church because of their abuses. She stated she is now a atheist. So one can ask if you left the church because of their perceived hypocrisy how do you know good from evil since you no longer believe in God? Could it be a Holy God made such things known to man.
I like to ask those who once claimed Christianity and walked away, "How can one have the Spirit of Christ in them and not know Jesus lives?" Obviously to those that have that Spirits witness they never belonged to Jesus.
Hi Randy, Catholicism has a different belief system and practices than protestants. You can't be born again and then claim to be an atheist. And it's no wonder, Satan can pass himself off as an angel of light to the nominal Christian. Born again believers are a small body compared to the world wide visible church. The Lord is coming and multitude will say Lord, Lord...…………..And He will not know them.

Hi Randy, Catholicism has a different belief system and practices than protestants. You can't be born again and then claim to be an atheist. And it's no wonder, Satan can pass himself off as an angel of light to the nominal Christian. Born again believers are a small body compared to the world wide visible church. The Lord is coming and multitude will say Lord, Lord...…………..And He will not know them.
She did not claim to be born again. She claimed Christianity. If she was in Christ then she would know Jesus lives. She never knew Him. That's why she could walk away.

i can see being so burned by church people that one loses faith, maybe. not rcc here, ive seen it happen with PCUSA on the liberal end and Pentecostals on the conservative end. churches don't save, anyway; Jesus saves, churches are just supposed to facilitate His work.

i remember...i was living out of state, off my parents. no way to get a job, the economy there was worse than most places. i didn't know it then, but people from my hometown area had already spread some of my info there, because they didn't (and don't) want me "living happily ever after" and "we don't believe in 2nd chances."

i had a counselor who was also a calvinist minister. i went to his church. some young lady...late teens, i think...was talking to someone else about me 'living off WELFARE, not WORKING...," etc. I never went back.

i was heckled in the parking lot of a local megachurch that was once loosely affiliated with the SBC. now, i overhear people saying "at least he became a Christian, hahaha" and...yeah. happens, I see that now...could be a lot worse.

-some- church people are worse than unbelievers. its an attitude of harsh judgment mixed with rigid authoritarianism, with a touch of sexism and homophobia to spice things up. and...

i dunno. Jesus saved me, is saving me, I pray will save me. But where to go to church? i was not a member of the community when i lived out of state, and im -definitely- not a member of the community, here. a lot of modern Christians don't really believe in miracles or redemption. they believe in "Christian" counseling, 12 steps, playing by the rules, voting Republican...

but Jesus? not so much, it seems.

Good point Randy, But that describes most of the visible church.
I have been to a catholic church with a family member who belonged and witnessed that church body in action. They clearly worshipped Jesus. So I would state/reason there are many kind and compassionate faithful Christians in the body of that church who had nothing to do with the hierarchy that was put in place a long time ago.

hierarchy isn't always a bad thing. at least the rcc has held on to sound doctrine while a lot of Protestant churches have let the world take over..

hierarchy isn't always a bad thing. at least the rcc has held on to sound doctrine while a lot of Protestant churches have let the world take over..
Well we now have a NT to see if what were told is true. We can't be held hostage by fear of hell. As in my way or the highway on everything the church dictated in the past as the law of God. We don't believe the Pope is the vicar of Christ nor has any authority from above to give life and forgive sin or judge. Jesus will hold accountable pedifiles and rapists and never looks the other way. In fact I believe they are part of the get away from me you evildoers I never knew group who outwardly call Him Lord. The Vatican is its own sovereign state. A fertile ground for hypocrisy to reign.

They could excommunicate all they want but its Christ Jesus who is the judge. They can forgive those that continue to sin all they want but its Christ Jesus who is the judge. They can offer hope to members of other religions who deny Christ Jesus but it is Jesus's words that will prevail in judgments made.

Back