Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Do You Feel About This

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

How Muslims are treated in Texas

[video=youtube;RF80BEeQAb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF80BEeQAb4&feature=related[/video]

Two guys in the beginning clearly has a misguided sense nationalism. Although (and having seen this show before) even their reactions were not all that bad considering that they didn't stand up for the clerk while the woman was there and clearly this is because they were afraid/embarrassed of confronting her.

Everyone else we saw did good.

This is the United States of America and each and every one of us has the same rights! If I were still in business I would refuse to do business with the Muslim also!

We must learn to open our eyes and to study! In the Qu´ran there are 164 verses that demand my death because I am a Follower of The Book! Their own chosen religion makes me their enemy.

In this country today, I think more than ever, people confuse fairness with justice and politeness with rights, and rights with morals.

In this case the store owner has the legal "Right" not to serve that person. his action was not legally wrong.

Not serving her was not fair, nor was it polite.

As a christian I'd say he was morally wrong, and unjust in the eyes of God, but then neither where her thoughts had she not been an actor. She should have forgiven him. :)

If one person is an actor, how do we know the other person is an actor.

Considering some of the more "Outright" Sugarcotations in the news as of late, I'm very skeptical of these sting operations and such.

Now eliminating that, if the woman had never been in there before any he refused to serve her, or if she had always been peaceful about it, then He was in the wrong. But if she had threatened him, and then used the news to embarrass him, then she was wrong. Nevertheless, the whole situation needed to be handled diffrently.

Likewise the flow of the operations seems a little fishy to me.

Thankfully this kind of behaviour is illegal in NZ. Here you may NOT discriminate on the basis of a person's religion.

This is the United States of America and each and every one of us has the same rights! If I were still in business I would refuse to do business with the Muslim also!

We must learn to open our eyes and to study! In the Qu´ran there are 164 verses that demand my death because I am a Follower of The Book! Their own chosen religion makes me their enemy.

what of jews? vietmanese and also gays and agnostics? where does it stop. i have no love for the islamic faith but until i know that the person is a threat i wont treat them as the enemy. i understand why many of you are that way but remember whom we serve.

would christ refuse to serve the enemies of god? common sense of course. we have muslim chaplains and soldiers in our armed forces fighting with us. so they that defend our rights to live in peace our now our enemies?

Thankfully this kind of behaviour is illegal in NZ. Here you may NOT discriminate on the basis of a person's religion.

You may not discriminate here in America based on someones religion either, but this does not fit the legal term of discrimination. To discriminate in America means to deny someone their legal, civil rights based on race, religion ect....No one has a right to be a customer and BUY something from someone who does not want to serve them. they just need to get lost. It would be a violation of the store owners rights to force him to serve someone.

If one person is an actor, how do we know the other person is an actor.

We know because this is a show and a set up and they say both are actors upfront. We assume the people they where trying to get a reaction out of are just the general public. That's what they say. :)

i agree we cant and shouldnt force busineess to serve customers.
first off i will pick on the infamous visitors to florida to whom on my list are the rudest:

1) new yorkers
2) canadians

so when these guys come here they are often demand the immidiate attention and are in a rush and want to pay as little as possible and sometimes the owners say nope, get out. and i cant blame them.

Okay I'd like to ask tho what would you do if you were in the situation witnessing somthing like this happen.

vocally support the shopkeeper - Do nothing/ignore - Leave the shop/Openly complain

Okay I'd like to ask tho what would you do if you were in the situation witnessing somthing like this happen.

vocally support the shopkeeper - Do nothing/ignore - Leave the shop/Openly complain

I would not vocally support the shop keeper. My opinion is that he is a coward, but I would not verbalize that that to him, simply because I see no need.

I don't see anything to be done here. I may sympathize with the woman, just so that she knows, but I may even leave my things on the counter and walk out in solidarity with her. :) I forget what they are selling there, but I think it's food, so if there is not another place within a few miles then I may just buy my order and leave. :)

This show always get actors play roles. They put these actors in there after hearing of complaints about these particular store owners.

I'd walk out. I would tell the shop owner, "If her money isn't good enough for you, then neither is mine."

I just can't stand seeing prejudice. There is no reason to riff on the woman just because she is Muslim.

I certainly can't see Christ refusing her.

I believe shop owners have the right to be as biggited as they wish. I believe they have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason....

I also have the right not to shop there and to tell other folks how i feel about it...

I believe shop owners have the right to be as biggited as they wish. I believe they have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason....

I also have the right not to shop there and to tell other folks how i feel about it...

I'd walk out. I would tell the shop owner, "If her money isn't good enough for you, then neither is mine."

I just can't stand seeing prejudice. There is no reason to riff on the woman just because she is Muslim.

I certainly can't see Christ refusing her.

:lol....here in the south, southern woman have two manners in which to communicate. One is called "going all redneck", which means you speak your mind and don't care who you offend. The other is called southern grace where you speak your mind and it ends with "bless your everlover'en heart".

The recipient of the first is left speechless while the recipient of the later only understands what transpired 5 or 10 minutes after the fact. :lol either way I have learned to respect both and say nothing back if I know whats best for me. My wife is quite skilled at both, and has used both in public settings with complete strangers as the need arises. I see this situation best handled by a woman. :)

You may not discriminate here in America based on someones religion either, but this does not fit the legal term of discrimination. To discriminate in America means to deny someone their legal, civil rights based on race, religion ect....No one has a right to be a customer and BUY something from someone who does not want to serve them. they just need to get lost. It would be a violation of the store owners rights to force him to serve someone.

Let me be clear. Here in NZ if you are a store-keeper and you deny people your services based on their ethnicity, age, gender or religion you will be fined.

This is awful. :bigfrown

They do this in Muslim countries to Christians. We say it's wrong here because they are brothers and sisters. Even if this is legal and allowed by the law, it's the community - especially the Christian community's - right and responsibility to react justly. He has the right not to serve, and people have the right not to buy.

Furthermore, let's say that shortly afterward, the Muslim woman was approached by an Evangelist. Do you think for one second she would pay him mind, or do so without thinking of the disservice she was just treated with by a white, "christian American?" Somehow, I don't think it's doing anyone's eternal soul any favors. :bigfrown

Also, what differs between us and her? We're redeemed; she isn't. Are we good though? Do we really deserve Heaven - at all? no. It's because of God's mercy and that is the only thing standing between us and Hell. We shouldn't think that there is any other separation or act so arrogantly as to assume so.

Let me be clear. Here in NZ if you are a store-keeper and you deny people your services based on their ethnicity, age, gender or religion you will be fined.

We're not talking about NZ. This America. The show in question took place in America, which is currently trying to turn itself into something else, but never the less it's currently still America. When we become "American'ts" then I'm sure we'll be fined for hurting the feelings of others as well.

This is awful. :bigfrown

They do this in Muslim countries to Christians. We say it's wrong here because they are brothers and sisters.

:chin Are they our brothers and sisters? I don't think so.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back