Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Do You Love a Sinner?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
How do you love a sinner?
First impression...loaded question, the question has an assumption in it.that sinners are hard to love.
You may as well ask ;
How do you love a human being?which is not always easy either. If you can learn to accept yourself, it will be easier to accept others. Have you forgiven yourself for that last angry outburst? Of course you have. Other people were to blame anyway. ?
So therefore you need to forgive others their angry outburst.

Maybe a little bit silly. But I like too see someone I don't like or a sin full person as once being innocent. As a young kid. I don't know what he or she went through to become like a bad person.
Patience is good when dealing with bad or even the nice. Everyone has some weaknesses.
What would Jesus do? ?

On another thread they are debating the issue of condemning sinners in the name of love. By this I mean pointing out to people that their sins will cast them into the fires of hell etc. and are an abomination to God.

There are some sins that do not really bother people and others that really upset them. With each person it is different. On this thread we were discussing sexuality. But I must also confess to gluttony.

My thinking was that since Love was the "Most Important" commandment it would trump everything else. But many disagreed with me and said that the loving thing to do was to confront sinners. To shame them for their own good. My mother used to say when she hit me, "This is for your own good."

I tried to suggest a compromise. I offered them a form of communication that could do both. SET

S = Support. I can see you are depressed.
E = Empathy. I was depressed before I found God. I understand you.
T = Truth. What you are doing is a sin. Would you like to talk about it.

This was largely ignored by the sin chasers. As a psychologist, I could analyze this behavior under the heading of building yourself up by looking down on others, but I won't. LOL.

So help me out here. Isn't the most loving thing to do is just leave sinners alone and love them so that they will come to us for help and we can tell them about God. If they do come to God they will find out soon enough they are sinners if they do not already know.

My sin, which was being discussed, was called an abomination. Such name calling hurts and makes me want to run away from other Christians. Unfortunately, the Holy Spirit sent me here and so staying trumps my urge to flee. I look forward to your comments.

My name is Susannah.

vinyl_wall_decal_love_the_lord_your_god__luke_10_27__1c9faf0f.jpg
Slapping people with the Bible brings few to God. In the end no one comes to Jesus unless the Father draws him. (John 6:4). We must be especially careful not to judge as well (Matt 7:1-6). Peace to you.

I think I am done with this topic. Very distressing. I don't feel the love Christ asked of us . . .
Don’t give up the fine fight. Love never fails. (1st Cor 13:8). We sharpen one another’s faces with scriptural discussion. (Prov 27:17).

Let me say this...

I do not know if you read my thread where i sort of explained how I got saved the first time. If my mentor criticized me and told me that I was a sinner and I am displeasing God, I wouldn't be saved today.

Another instance is if I had no interest to do more research about my hate for the world and what it stands for, I would not find the light again after cursing God and sinning in the most unpleasant way (murder).

My point? Be there friend. Do not condemn/criticize them. God has a plan so the best thing we can do is to pray for them and hope that our heavenly father brings circumstances into their lives and opens their eyes to the truth. That is all that we can do.

Let me say this...

I do not know if you read my thread where i sort of explained how I got saved the first time. If my mentor criticized me and told me that I was a sinner and I am displeasing God, I wouldn't be saved today.

Another instance is if I had no interest to do more research about my hate for the world and what it stands for, I would not find the light again after cursing God and sinning in the most unpleasant way (murder).

My point? Be there friend. Do not condemn/criticize them. God has a plan so the best thing we can do is to pray for them and hope that our heavenly father brings circumstances into their lives and opens their eyes to the truth. That is all that we can do.
I would also like to add this. I do not know if anyone seen the sermon? I guess it is called Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus. If you have not, I would suggest you watch it. If he was criticized about his Muslim belief before his Christian days, I am sure he would not have met his best friend which would make him become a Christian (meaning he wouldn't find the truth.) Love is the only way to truly show someone the light. There is no other way.

Back