Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How long after the abomination before the mark is set up?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
John the Baptist said:
[quote="Darrell dunn":8d44d]John

Where did you get such a story???????

This might see a small part of where it is coming from?

John here:
Subject: --HISTORY REPEAT!--

Just a thought: If one Really Belives God!?
And if one cannot follow God's quoted Truth of Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15 as the Word of God, where He stated CLEARLY, and in a way that even most of Heb. 5's 'milk/fed' ones can get something from, then I suggest that you shy away from Ph.D'ism, the arm of flesh & the Greek, Latin, & Heb., & stick with just one King James translation itself.

The BOTTOM line is, is that ALL of these others ways of finding 'some' truth, are the real reasons that have caused the BIGGEST MESS OF DIS/UNITY that the GOSPEL ALONE, prophesied of! See Rev. 17:5

And I realize that there are & were, some who could not understand Paul's wording of inspiration even, & that it is scripture that also says that.... 'which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction'. 2 Peter 3:14-17 in part.

Lets start with Eccl. 3:14.
"I know that, WHATSOEVER GOD DOETH, IT SHALL BE FOREVER: NOTHING CAN BE PUT TO IT, NOR ANY THING TAKEN FROM IT: ..." (in part)

Actually it is just about a repeat even in Wording, as seen in Rev.'s closing verses!
The verses are a WARNING about adding to or removing any part of the Word of God! And the BOTTOM line is that ones name would be removed from the Book of Life. Now for the rest of the 14th verse. "... THAT MEN SHOULD FEAR BEFORE HIM."

For one to say that the Eccl. verses do not mean what they say, is doing just that!

Now look at the verse following verse 14. Verse 15 says.. "THAT WHICH HAS BEEN IS NOW; AND THAT WHICH IS TO BE HAS ALREADY BEEN; AND GOD REQUIRETH THAT WHICH IS PAST." GOD'S WORD says that it is so!

If it is not to be, God say that it will not be. Example: 'Sin will not arise a second time' Nah. 1:9. And we all know about the world flood not happening a second time? (If that too, is not believed as poetry) So, there are so very few times that history does not repeat, and that God does the easy thing for [us] by pointing out the lesser number. (by the way, Rev. is full of O.T. Sanctuary! see Ps. 77:13)

If anyone would BELIEVE THE *GODHEAD'S INSPIRED WORD (ALL OF IT! See 2 Tim. 3:16 & Matt. 4:4) they would find very Few reasons for mixed up doctrinal folds.
But the bottom line is that even the Virgin Fold is following after the fate of old Virgin Israel, of old!! (same history) They are once again Christ/less. Rev. 3:9 or Rev. 17:5! And the nasty repeat for them is VERIFIED in Eze. 9.

Try reading Rev. 12:17 S-L-O-W-L-E-Y! And in Christ's day, who do you think took over the 'DESOLATE' fold that Christ was put out of? Matthew 23:38

So, this is what will be the final fate of Spiritual Virgin Israel! (the 666 thing'y is for the world's testing) See 1 Peter 4:17 FOR WHO IS JUDGED FIRST.

Back to Chapter 1:9-10 of Eccl. Lets check to 'see' (if we can) if God made a mistake? (man's foolish 'poetry' remark)

We do remember that we were told that 'IT SHALL BE FOR EVER and that NOTHING CAN BE PUT TO IT NOR ANYTHING TAKEN FROM IT'? (chapter 3:14-15 of Eccl.)

"THE THING THAT HATH BEEN IS THAT WHICH SHALL BE; AND THAT WHICH IS DONE IS THAT WHICH SHALL BE DONE: AND THERE IS [NOTHING] *NO NEW THING UNDER THE SUN. v.9
IS THERE [*ANY THING] WHERE OF IT MAY BE SAID, SEE, THIS IS NEW? [IT HATH BEEN ALREADY OF OLD TIME, WHICH WAS BEFORE US.]" v.10

Notice that after the GodHead's question, that Their Inspiration came quickly before 'ignorant' man could botch up the question!! But what does one hear today?? Should we do the 'foolish' (Matt. 25) thing and read & study the 'earthly' educated ones reams & reams of commentaries, with hardly any two alike?? (false fold/wise at least)

So: When Christ addressed Peter in one conversation, He did not recite poetry. He stated a fact, and said.. 'Get behind me satan'. And NO, we have NOT COME TO THE START OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION YET! we ARE STILL HERE, but we are well into its commencement!! It is the early 'time of trouble'! And, NO the saints are going nowhere until after this time is over![/quote:8d44d]

John the Baptist, what in the world are you trying to say here? Sometimes you write a word or two that makes some kind of sense, but most of it is incomprehensible. However, I did glean out a little:

And NO, we have NOT COME TO THE START OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION YET! we ARE STILL HERE, but we are well into its commencement!! It is the early 'time of trouble'! And, NO the saints are going nowhere until after this time is over!

I can agree with your first sentence here, because it is written plainly and simply. The "great tribulation" has not yet started. However, did you mean the 70th week, or did you mean the last 3 1/2 years of the 70th week? What did you mean by "we ARE STILL HERE, but we are well into its commencement!!?" Of course we are still here, else we would not be reading and answering these posts! But what do you mean my "we are well into its commencement?" Are you saying that the 70th week has already started?

Then you end this paragraph by this: "NO the saints are going nowhere until after this time is over!" I would guess that you are saying you do not believe in a "pre-trib" rapture?

Please, when of if you answer, answer plainly. One more thing: if history always repeats itself with no exceptions, then Jesus had to die over and over. You KNOW that did not happen. So what in the world was your point? I could not figure out your main point, after reading this several times.

Coop

Vic said,
All I asked is if you are willing to read the OT and see if you come to the conclusion that Rome is the Whore. Forget the NT even exists for a moment. Do this: get out your Bible and gather up all the verses with the word "harlot" in them and compare them to Revelation 17.

Extremely well said, Vic! It is a wonder how people come up with such things.

Coop

John the Baptist said,
But if you think that, that prophecy started 'satan' with anything other than state & church, you best go back to Genesis 4:7 for satans first 'mature' [WHORE] ANTICHRIST convert, (aprox.) 120 years before Seth came on the scene as a son of God.

You missed it here John. The Great whore is all about false religion. You know, worshipping gods made of stone, wood, etc, that cannot even walk? Cain did not have any trouble knowing who God really was. His trouble was simple disobedience. He did not go out and cook a fire with wood, then take what was left and whittle out a god to worship. These things all came after the tower of Babel.

Coop

lecoop said:
John the Baptist said,
But if you think that, that prophecy started 'satan' with anything other than state & church, you best go back to Genesis 4:7 for satans first 'mature' [WHORE] ANTICHRIST convert, (aprox.) 120 years before Seth came on the scene as a son of God.

You missed it here John. The Great whore is all about false religion. You know, worshipping gods made of stone, wood, etc, that cannot even walk? Cain did not have any trouble knowing who God really was. His trouble was simple disobedience. He did not go out and cook a fire with wood, then take what was left and whittle out a god to worship. These things all came after the tower of Babel.

John here:
Vic left out the Daniel 2, Daniel 7, reference to the time of the start that I gave! :sad Hopefully it was not because of 2 Corinthians 4:2. And Cain in Genesis 4:7 was not after the tower of Babel.
Did you read Vic's site that he posted for me to see & understand Baptists knowledge, & their doctrine? And the percentage of 'believers'??

Well, anyhow, in the OT & NT we see both Virgins & whore meaning as you say :wink:

Also there is the fermented wine of Babylon as well as the good wine of Christ's Word. Also noted as 'milk' huh, and 'meat'.
And if one cannot check out 'several' names for the devil in Revelation 12, how else can a person who is 'spiritual' spot him? (one way is by using all his names to locate him) And when the name can apply, this is who the Word has 'PICTURED'! OK?? In Isaiah 28 we see a man who is a prince of Tyrus with the devils EXACT traits, and with much, much more, about him! (even many more details)

I replied to a post on baptism, it seemed to deep for a very sincere poster? He got some of it & had a hard time it seems with the prodigal son and his 'ring' part, that the Father put on his finger. Anyhow, if one can find that it was a 'signet ring', such as was seen in the O.T. several times, they might understand that it is like a 'seal' 'signing as with a stamp' or even referred to perhaps as a 'mark' which is also describes as a 'signet'. (ring) Like signing or stamping am today's document or check? Such as a Justice of the Peace, or the Seal of the USA president.

The bottom line of that understanding is that the Bible has a MESSAGE for us with that ring. (but not only from the N.T.) Check out the K.J. with Isaiah 8:20 and tell me how ones finds the Godheads SEAL in Their Eternal Covenant Law?? (Eternal as in Hebrews 13:20)

I know, this is way to deep for a large percentage of the site that Vic posted up for us. :sad (no offence meant) For God has a very many in membership there 'in ignorance'. (according to both that site & Christ).. check another passage from Ezekiel 37 or Matthew 25:1-6 for dead, sleeping, foolish, closed door, wise & foolish half & half!! Now who, or what individual was the cause of this 'spiritual' condition? Check out Revelation 3:9 with the Ecclesiastes verses.

Coop

John here with your other questions:

Please, when of if you answer, answer plainly. One more thing: if history always repeats itself with no exceptions, then Jesus had to die over and over. You KNOW that did not happen. So what in the world was your point? I could not figure out your main point, after reading this several times.

Coop

John again:
About the above! See Hebrews 6:6 for what is now being done before Christ comes again! And the verses of Ecclesiastes are the Godheads INSPIRATION, not mine! And you do know that you can click on these Bible verses in the posts, and they will come up before your very eyes! :wink:

John the Baptist SAID
Actually it is just about a repeat even in Wording, as seen in Rev.'s closing verses!
The verses are a WARNING about adding to or removing any part of the Word of God! And the BOTTOM line is that ones name would be removed from the Book of Life. Now for the rest of the 14th verse. "... THAT MEN SHOULD FEAR BEFORE HIM."

For one to say that the Eccl. verses do not mean what they say, is doing just that!

Now just hold the phone!!!!!!! Let's take a close look:

Rev 22
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Sorry, but this verse is not inclusive of the whole bible, or even the New Testament. This is for this book of Revelation only.

Btw, do you equate the letters of Paul with the book of Ecclesiastes? Do you use both for doctrine?

Coop

lecoop said:
John the Baptist SAID

OK: :o Lets do that.

Rev 22
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Sorry, but this verse is not inclusive of the whole bible, or even the New Testament. This is for this book of Revelation only.

Where does it say that??
You mean that what God say's [ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE CAN BE CHANGED]?

Lets start with the O.T. in Mal. 3:6? "For I am the Lord, [I CHANGE NOT]..", then in the repeated history we see 'again' Heb. 13:8..
"Jesus Christ the [same yesterday, and today, and FOREVER.]" Then He says to "Be not carried about with [divers and strange doctrines]." in the very next verse!

And surely you know that 'uninspired man' (arm of flesh Jeremiah 17:5) added the chapter numbers, coma's, periods, and the [BOOKS]. So you are telling me that the Book of Revelation is what the Revelation 22:18-19 man's separated verse is talking about?? :sad So with that reasoning, we can
'add unto' or 'take away' from all or any other portion of the Word of God, huh? :roll:

How about the Eternal Covenant of the Godhead? See Hebrews 13:20. Notice what the angel says about 'this same book' (as you call it) in the same chapter verse 9. John knelt before the angel that had shown him this Truth, and the angel said: "Then said he unto me, See [thou do it not:] for [I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethern which keep the sayings of this book: Worship God]." This comes directly from the first table of the Eternal Covenant! See Exodus 20:3-5 Notice His Words of Inspiration.. [THIS BOOK]!

Naw, Ecclesiastes 3:14 Is FOR ALL THE 66 INSPIRED BOOKS INCLUSIVE! Even before they were Penned!! (2 Timothy 3:16's ALL, & Matthew 4:4 "EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDETH OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD"! (at least for me :wink:)

And the verse says, again: "I [know] that, whatsoever God doeth, (or says) [it shall be forever: NOTHING CAN BE PUT TO IT, NOR ANYTHING TAKEN FROM IT:] ..."

And because there are so 'very few' times that history will not be repeated, God tells us of these rather than the reverse! Such as the rainbow in the sky, and Nahum 1:9, that sin will not arise a [second] time".

I think that you can see my answer to your below question. People who question Paul are like anti/Christ Rome and their infallible pope trite with nothing at all, over Christ's Word, (Daniel 7:25) or their changing of God's Word of Revelation 22:18-19. (if their name was ever there to begin with?)

Btw, do you equate the letters of Paul with the book of Ecclesiastes? Do you use both for doctrine?

Coop

John the Baptist said:
lecoop said:
John the Baptist SAID

Rev 22

Where does it say that??

Lets start with the O.T. in Mal. 3:6? "For I am the Lord, [I CHANGE NOT]..", then in the repeated history we see 'again' Heb. 13:8..
"Jesus Christ the [same yesterday, and today, and FOREVER.]" Then He says to "Be not carried about with [divers and strange doctrines]." in the very next verse!

And surely you know that 'uninspired man' (arm of flesh Jeremiah 17:5) added the chapter numbers, coma's, periods, and the [BOOKS]. So you are telling me that the Book of Revelation is what the Revelation 22:18-19 man's separated verse is talking about?? :sad So with that reasoning, we can
'add unto' or 'take away' from all or any other portion of the Word of God, huh? :roll:

How about the Eternal Covenant of the Godhead? See Hebrews 13:20. Notice what the angel says about 'this same book' (as you call it) in the same chapter verse 9. John knelt before the angel that had shown him this Truth, and the angel said: "Then said he unto me, See [thou do it not:] for [I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethern which keep the sayings of this book: Worship God]." This comes directly from the first table of the Eternal Covenant! See Exodus 20:3-5 Notice His Words of Inspiration.. [THIS BOOK]!

Naw, Ecclesiastes 3:14 Is FOR ALL THE 66 INSPIRED BOOKS INCLUSIVE! Even before they were Penned!! (2 Timothy 3:16's ALL, & Matthew 4:4 "EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDETH OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD"! (at least for me :wink:)

And the verse says, again: "I [know] that, whatsoever God doeth, (or says) [it shall be forever: NOTHING CAN BE PUT TO IT, NOR ANYTHING TAKEN FROM IT:] ..."

And because there are so 'very few' times that history will not be repeated, God tells us of these rather than the reverse! Such as the rainbow in the sky, and Nahum 1:9, that sin will not arise a [second] time".

I think that you can see my answer to your below question. People who question Paul are like anti/Christ Rome and their infallible pope trite with nothing at all, over Christ's Word, (Daniel 7:25) or their changing of God's Word of Revelation 22:18-19. (if their name was ever there to begin with?)

Coop

Now here is a great example of why your posts are so confusing: you ramble on an on, and MISS the main point!

I said,

And you said:
OK: :o Lets do that

But did you do that? Did you even read the verse, or what I said about it? You quoted this verse, and said it applied to the whole bible! It does not! Now, please read it again, slower this time!:

Rev 22
19 And if any man shall take away from the words
of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I highlighted some in red. It says, "the word of this prophecy!" This verse is therefore speaking of only the book of Revelation. In saying this, I am not speaking of changing anything, but only correcting sloppy bible exegesis. Of course we are not going to change God's word. But you quote this verse, and applied it to the whole bible. That is sloppy exegesis.

You said, "where does it say that?"

I say, it says it right in this verse!

You said, "You mean that what God say's [ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE CAN BE CHANGED]?"

I did not say that. You supposed that. I was only speaking of what you said about this one verse. This one verse written by John should be applied only to the book of Revelation. Last, I am astounded that you quote so much from the old testament. That is an old covenant, as attested to by its title: "Old Testament." We have a new one, that is also attested to by its title, "New Testament." Our salvation is found here, in the new testament.

Coop

lecoop said:
John the Baptist said:
lecoop said:
John the Baptist SAID

Rev 22

Where does it say that??

Coop

Now here is a great example of why your posts are so confusing: you ramble on an on, and MISS the main point!

I said,
[quote:biggrina7c0]Now just hold the phone!!!!!!! Let's take a close look:

And you said:
OK: :o Lets do that

But did you do that? Did you even read the verse, or what I said about it? You quoted this verse, and said it applied to the whole bible! It does not! Now, please read it again, slower this time!:

John here: I have studied the verses over & over again & again! (like many other 'key Truths') See 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (and *17) + Matthew 4:4!

Why anyone will not BELIEVE GOD WORDS (not mine) is their problem! Instead?? They use the Arm of Flesh, and all sorts of evil mans tradition, to study! :sad Will I now read your 'post' on further? You see, when it gets like this, I see it quickly becoming a waste of Gods time (my time is not my own) until I catch a change? See Hebrews 6:3. But in stead, you say that you cannot understand my rambling writings. Whatever. (I am in good 'mature' company 2 Peter 3:14-16)

Hay, I 'ain't' got it in me to process 'personal' mind reading stuff, or vain argument. Titus 3:9-11. I had thought that your postings sounded sincere so far. Did I read the verse? What kind of question is that??? :roll:

Rev 22
19 And if any man shall take away from the words
of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I highlighted some in red. It says, "the word of this prophecy!" This verse is therefore speaking of only the book of Revelation. In saying this, I am not speaking of changing anything, but only correcting sloppy bible exegesis. Of course we are not going to change God's word. But you quote this verse, and applied it to the whole bible. That is sloppy exegesis.

You said, "where does it say that?"

I say, it says it right in this verse!

You said, "You mean that what God say's [ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE CAN BE CHANGED]?"

I did not say that. You supposed that. I was only speaking of what you said about this one verse. This one verse written by John should be applied only to the book of Revelation. Last, I am astounded that you quote so much from the old testament. That is an old covenant, as attested to by its title: "Old Testament." We have a new one, that is also attested to by its title, "New Testament." Our salvation is found here, in the new testament.

Once again: Read Christ's Word of Matthew 4:4 & 2 Timothy 3:16, and 1 John 2:4 and Revelation 22:8-9 & the 'COMMANDMENTS OF [GOD] and the [TESIMONY OF JESUS]". Rev. 12:17 and the New [EVERLASTING] Covenant, is located where? Hebrews 10:15-16 & Hebrews 8:10.

But NO, you are absolutely right , when I see the Word of God in Inspiration, I see the WHOLE BOOK needed for my my NEED! Including Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 TOTAL CONCLUSION! And the reason that do this?? is for one reason only. Christ said to me, (PERSONALLY) "IF YE LOVE ME, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS." And 'young'in', I DO LOVE MY MASTER! Enough said, and I see you have ran out of gas! :wink:

Coop[/quote:biggrina7c0]

I will add this, not pointing at anyone.

I asked God how far off does someone have to be to be wrong.
( Because most people say they are doing the best that they can.)
Putting time in researching what OTHER PEOPLE say or write.

He gave me the question , When is it 12 o-clock? I answered well when its 12 o-clock, not understanding the question.

He then said when all three hands point straight at the 12 , when the second hand has moved 1 or 2 seconds off, then it is no longer 12 o-clock.

Then He told me that satan deceived Eve with a change of a very few words.

Then He said changing 1 or 2 words, would then make it a LIE!!!!!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back