Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

How to Deal

S

srn

How can I reconcile my strong beliefe that sex before marrige is unacceptable when it seems to me that I am the only person my age that I know (yes I know myself and yes that does sound weird) who actually practices this. I have yet to find any one in my age that are acepting or even understanding of this. Women simply don't understand me because I do not act like other men my age. I have not had a girlfreind and do not treat women, or just people in general, like others do. Because of this I have been accused of being anything from inmature to even gay. This does not help the manner when women do not even think that I am "availible". I am a very inteligent person, but am at a complete loss for how to even put togethar any kind of plan to deal with this. Any advice on things I can do to improve this stuation? Right now I am simply looking for some kind of freindship with some one my age. Any kind of relationship can wait untill God is willing for it to be.

First, your attitude is far more mature than most people I know. I've been in your shoes for before, and I know that it is really tough being God's lighthouse without a few brothers and sisters to help pull you through. One thing I did is something even my friends think is too extreme, but it's worked for me.

I Surrendered my (supposed) right to choose my wife to God. I do not date by today's standard at all. I oath to God that I would not date unless I was 100% sure He was giving me the go ahead. I asked God to show me a sign that would allow me to know that I can pursue a relationship with the one who fulfills it. I have faith in the fact that God would accept this sign because it is given in my attempt to obedient to his directions.

My Advice is simple. Talk with God Daily about his will involving a future wife. He'll give you what you need to wait as a Servant. We'll also stand by you and keep you in our prayers. 8-)

Interesting

That is a different angle to veiw this situation from. I almost think this is God trying to tell me to take my own advice. A few days ago I was trying to talk to a freind about a different matter, explaining that I felt he needed to step and try to look at the situation from a different perspective. That being some one elses. Between what you have said and what god has been trying to get across to me lately is possibly just what you said. I will have to pray about this. Thank you.

srn said:
I have not had a girlfreind and do not treat women, or just people in general, like others do. Because of this I have been accused of being anything from inmature to even gay.

I can completely relate to that-- In fact, a friend of mine usually jokes with me about being gay, because I don't rush out to have sex with anyone and everyone and I try to treat all women with respect.

Anyway, the point is that as long as you're doing what you feel is right, then you shouldn't worry about what other people say and/or feel about you.

Re: Interesting

srn said:
That is a different angle to veiw this situation from. I almost think this is God trying to tell me to take my own advice. A few days ago I was trying to talk to a freind about a different matter, explaining that I felt he needed to step and try to look at the situation from a different perspective. That being some one elses. Between what you have said and what god has been trying to get across to me lately is possibly just what you said. I will have to pray about this. Thank you.

I'll say you're welcome, but I hope that was God speaking through my fingers. Such an oath or commitment is not for all men, and is tough to stick to. However, God has rewarded me already by keeping me from relationships that if I we're in control, would have only taken me further from him.

I think it is admirable. I believe that while we are single we should not be emotionally or sexually impure. God has a blessing ahead of me, even if I remain single for the rest of my life. I am doing my best to be faithful to Him.

Avoiding sex has been a natural gifting the past 31 years, though there were a couple of close calls. :-D

I actually believe in waiting till your married to have sex of any kind even though I only made it a few months shy of my 20th birthday with my virginity in tact, its something I wished I could have saved. Although things worked out for me due to my getting pregnant, you being a man willing to hold out til your married because of your beliefs is amazing. I dont know you but I'm proud of you. Eventually you will find a woman that will understand your choice.:clap

How can I reconcile my strong beliefe that sex before marrige is unacceptable when it seems to me that I am the only person my age that I know (yes I know myself and yes that does sound weird) who actually practices this. I have yet to find any one in my age that are acepting or even understanding of this. Women simply don't understand me because I do not act like other men my age. I have not had a girlfreind and do not treat women, or just people in general, like others do. Because of this I have been accused of being anything from inmature to even gay. This does not help the manner when women do not even think that I am "availible". I am a very inteligent person, but am at a complete loss for how to even put togethar any kind of plan to deal with this. Any advice on things I can do to improve this stuation? Right now I am simply looking for some kind of freindship with some one my age. Any kind of relationship can wait untill God is willing for it to be.

Many are called, but few are chosen. Even though I'm older, I have experienced the same problem. Many people say they are Christians, but they do not love Him enough to obey Him. If we love Him we will consistently keep His commands. Hold your ground and keep praying that God will send you His choice. I will pray for you too. Remember that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Back