Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

How To Pick The Perfect Steak

I live in Philly, but we all know when it comes to grilling steak Texas is top's but when it comes to steak sandwiches Philly is famous all over the world. Nobody beats us there.

I live in Philly, but we all know when it comes to grilling steak Texas is top's but when it comes to steak sandwiches Philly is famous all over the world. Nobody beats us there.

LW:

Oh, of course, I was forgetting the Philly style one. (Delicious.)

picking the perfect steak isnt the only important factor in getting a great steak. one MUST rember to rest the steak for at least 5 mins after it is done cooking.

Nope but you CAN however get wagu beef(American version of Kobe beef). its just about as good. still silly expensive though :bigcry

m:

So you're saying, Stay Stateside; no need to make a trip to the Land of the Rising Sun for steak reasons ...

Man I haven't had a good steak in so long, I can't really afford to eat it too often. If it isn't still red in the middle it's overcooked as far as I'm concerned.

well if you want the ABSOLUTE best then yea make the trip. If you are ok with a close second then no need. However there are SUPER high end restraunts that will have ACTUAL Kobe Beef(all be it at 100-200 bucks an oz). However the only true reason to eat (real) Kobe Beef is for the experience. Flavor wise there isnt a truly noticable difference(unless you have some kind of super palet) between Kobe and Wagu. There isnt realy even a price difference. But it is definatly something(either one) that should be experienced in ones life.

There seems to be some misconceptions about Kobe and Wagyu beef.

Both are from Japan. Kobe beef gets it name from the capital of the Hyogo territory. It (Tajima cattle) is one of four varieties of Wagyu. It's sort of like champagne; only real champagne comes from the Champagne region of France. Hence, Kobe beef can only bear that name if it's cattle are Wagyu and from the Hyogo region.

However, Japan heavily regulates the export of Kobe beef. Basically, it isn't exported at all. You can go there and get some, or buy from buyers who go to Japan themselves.

This stuff is a couple of hundred of $$$ per pound. It's clean, low in saturated fats and is sometimes eaten raw, it's that pure.

There seems to be some misconceptions about Kobe and Wagyu beef.

Both are from Japan. Kobe beef gets it name from the capital of the Hyogo territory. It (Tajima cattle) is one of four varieties of Wagyu. It's sort of like champagne; only real champagne comes from the Champagne region of France. Hence, Kobe beef can only bear that name if it's cattle are Wagyu and from the Hyogo region.

However, Japan heavily regulates the export of Kobe beef. Basically, it isn't exported at all. You can go there and get some, or buy from buyers who go to Japan themselves.

This stuff is a couple of hundred of $$$ per pound. It's clean, low in saturated fats and is sometimes eaten raw, it's that pure.

However there is an American Wagyu, and yes true Kobe is silly expensive but well worth it if you have the $$ and want the absolute best.

Back