Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Bethel

-
its pretty obvious that Satan's intent for everyone is to cause them to end up in Hell.
That's Job #1.
However, once you are born again, and have become a part of God's Heavenly Spiritual Family, .. Satan can't lead you to hell, so, he has a different plan for you if you are born again, and not just water baptized thinking that the water washed your sins away.
It didnt.
See, the only thing that God offers to deal with your sin is HIMSELF as Christ on the Cross, shedding blood to deal with all your sin.
John 14:6
Water can't deal with your sin, as "without the shedding of BLOOD< there is no remission, of Sin".
In other words, Unless God applies the blood atonement to you, then your sin is ON YOU.
---------------------

Now, let me show you the devil's purpose for you, if you are born again.
It true that if he can kill you, he will. And its true that if he can make you sick, he will.
If he can lead you into carnality, he will.
But that is not his priority, regarding you, if you are truly born again.

This is His priority....

Let's let Paul Explain it.
I'll use the KJV for this Thread, and you might research these verses as you will, using several translations.

Look closely. Galatians 1:6-9

""" I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.""
Notice carefully the main work of the Devil in the life of a born again Christian.

1. To remove you, from the real Gospel, unto another gospel that is a FALSE gospel.

2. How ? By perverting the Gospel of Christ. Or by trying to replace it with commandment keeping, self effort, enduring to the end, or water baptism.

See those ?
That is the work of the Devil in the life of a born again Christian, if possible.
Why?
Because if Satan can corrupt and subvert and destroy your real faith, then he has you in wrong faith, and once there, your Christianity is over on earth.
You will have no power. No ability to understand the word of God. You prayer life will be numb. Your ability to believe for your needs will be ZERO.
You will enter hardships and have no spiritual power to find rescue and resolution.
You will become the person in Hebrews 13:9 that is spun around by theology like a ship with no rudder in a hurricane.
You will go to heaven, (if you are born again)... yet you will be neutered, spiritually, on earth until you die.
So, see that?
That is the devil destroying your Christian life, simply by ruining your faith.

Now notice that Paul tells you how the DEVIL does this to to you..

"who has BEWITCHED you, that you should not OBEY THE TRUTH">.

Did you notice that it will be a person?
That's right.
Often from a Pulpit, or from a commentary, or from a "christian forum".
Fact.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me show you who does this... as their ministry.

1.) ""Satan comes as an angel of LIGHT""

2.) "and His ministers the ministers of RIGHTEOUS.""

What does this mean?

Paul teaches that It means that the Devil's deceived, that he controls, will preach to you, "another gospel", and this one, has no "truth", yet it sound's true.
It will be a hybrid Gospel....>always like this.....The Cross + self effort. The Cross + commandment keeping. Sometimes they replace the Cross with water. But usually, it'll be, The Cross + You trying to stay saved by works.
See that? That is adding to the Cross of Christ the part that denies the Cross of Christ as THE ONLY Way to Heaven.
This is the perverted Gospel that the Devil's "ministers' preach.
Its any that does not preach the Cross, and the Blood of Jesus, ALONE..... as the Grace of God, as the "gift of Righteousness" and the "gift of Salvation".
This devil's lie would be the Gospel of Works. The Gospel of Law and Commandment keeping.
Its all "another" Gospel, because all of these false Gospels reject Grace and the Blood of God as the only way you go to Heaven and the only reason you stay saved.
All "another" false Gospels, replace Grace with : self effort, water baptism, good deeds, works, Mary, Sacraments, commandment keeping, law keeping, and self effort.

If you look closely, you recognize that the entire demonic message is.. "do this" vs "trust Christ alone", to go to heaven
That is the subversion, and if the Devil can get you into "another gospel", and away from the REAL One that is God on the Cross offering you the GIFT of reconciliation, as "the gift of Righteousness", then he has destroyed your faith and blinded your mind.
You wont feel it., you'll just believe it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 2 types of devil deceived.
One is the unbelievers, and one is the believer whose faith has been subverted.
Paul said of these that they are "fallen from Grace", "Bewitched", and "in the Flesh".
IN both cases, they become the same "faith", as all wrong faith is trust in "another" gospel.
The gospel of works, commandment keeping, water baptism, and self effort.

See, the unbelievers have no Light of the gospel in them, and the born again deceived HAD this Light, but its been perverted and subverted into self saving "in the flesh", faith, that is broken.
Now the believer's faith is dark, because Satan's "ministers" who preach from Pulpits, write commentaries and infect Christian forums,... these heretics, have deceived them, which leaves their faith broken.

Its as if they believe NOT, because to believe wrong, is the exact same thing as not believing at all. Unbelief and wrong belief is to have your mind blinded by the Devil.
This believer has been deceived by people who speak "christianese", and mention the Cross, but teach against it their legalism, their self saving theology of "do'ism", and "works" and "self effort" and "water saves you", and "commandment keeping is why you go to heaven, or not".....And the end result is a mind that become blinded to the true Gospel, if you believe them.
Paul defines you then, as....... "no longer believe the TRUTH".

" in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.""

AOh14Gjr_XS_yjvQ2xRePkvHBHalL09DhLKByGVeZe1GZg=s80

Last edited:
Satan can't lead you to hell,

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
1 Timothy 4:1 NIV

• some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
1 Timothy 4:1

• some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,

How can a person who is in the faith and then later on depart from faith in Christ, still be saved? Makes no sense.

Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
1 Timothy 4:16

Those who do not remain in the teachings of Christ, do not have Him.

He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:12

JLB

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
1 Timothy 4:1 NIV

Lets try Paul.
He wrote most of the NT.
He said the devil comes as an angel of Light, = this is false truth.
Paul said that the devil's "ministers of righteousness" will present a false gospel that is always "what i do" "what i have to do"....."what i am doing".....to try to STAY SAVED.

See that part? "stay saved"?. This is the heresy. That is the Legalist. Because when you teach that you have to keep commandments in place of being REDEEMED by God's Blood, then this replacement of Grace by the gospel of commandment keeping, denies the Cross.
Paul says of these dark lights, that they are enemies of the Cross..
JUDE says of the dark lights, that they are committing the "error of Cain".

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Satan has no power or authority over a Spiritually born again child of God indwelled with His Holy Spirit as those who God gave to Christ He will lose none of them. It's like with Job as it was God that gave Satan permission to come against Job to prove to Satan that he can not steal his, or our, faith unless we become to weak and fall to his temptations, Job 1:1-12.

1Cor 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

How do we stand up to Satan:

Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. (Read the full context from verse 10-18)

Who does Satan work through:

2Cor 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Cor 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

How do we stand strong in our faith:

1Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Peter 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
1Peter 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
1Peter 5:11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Lets try Paul.
He wrote most of the NT.
He said the devil comes as an angel of Light, = this is false truth.
Paul said that the devil's "ministers of righteousness" will present a false gospel that is always "what i do" "what i have to do"....."what i am doing".....to try to STAY SAVED.

See that part? "stay saved"?. This is the heresy. That is the Legalist. Because when you teach that you have to keep commandments in place of being REDEEMED by God's Blood, then this replacement of Grace by the gospel of commandment keeping, denies the Cross.
Paul says of these dark lights, that they are enemies of the Cross..
JUDE says of the dark lights, that they are committing the "error of Cain".

Here is what Paul taught —

Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:8-10

Please quote the scripture that you are referring to about staying saved.

Paul and James and Peter and Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all teach the same doctrine; the doctrine of Christ

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

Jesus sent His disciples to teach the nations what He taught them.

The scripture I quoted refers to remaining in Christ.

Here is how we are instruct to remain in Christ —

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

Obeying the Lord is how we express our love for God and our love for His other children.

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. John 14:15

If you struggle with loving God and His children then you have a “If you love Me, keep My commandments.problem and need to go to God and confess your sin to Him.

His commandments are not burdensome.

JLB

Last edited:
Please quote the scripture that you are referring to about staying saved.

I posted that yesterday for you.

Now you answer this... that you dodged yesterday.

1.) When did you decide to believe that the eternal sacrifice of God's blood and death on the Cross, that saved you, is not able to keep you saved?
Who taught you this?

2.) When did you decide to believe that the Grace of God is you trying to keep commandments to try to keep yourself saved?
Who taught you this?

3.) When did you decide to believe that to abide in Christ means that you are to try to keep yourself saved by commandment keeping?
Who taught you this?

I posted that yesterday for you.

Now you answer this... that you dodged yesterday.

1.) When did you decide to believe that the eternal sacrifice of God's blood and death on the Cross, that saved you, is not able to keep you saved?
Who taught you this?

2.) When did you decide to believe that the Grace of God is you trying to keep commandments to try to keep yourself saved?
Who taught you this?

3.) When did you decide to believe that to abide in Christ means that you are to try to keep yourself saved by commandment keeping?
Who taught you this?

I warned you about this, rhetoric using language to twist my words about saving myself.

Obeying the Lord is not saving yourself, it is grabbing hold of His instruction and not letting go, so as not to live a lawless disobedient lifestyle.

Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go;
Keep her, for she is your life. Proverbs 4:13

Paul and James and Peter and Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all teach the same doctrine; the doctrine of Christ

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

Jesus sent His disciples to teach the nations what He taught them.

Here is how we are instruct to remain in Christ —

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

Obeying the Lord is how we express our love for God and our love for His other children.

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. John 14:15

If you struggle with loving God and His children then you have a “If you love Me, keep My commandments.problem and need to go to God and confess your sin to Him.

His commandments are not burdensome.

JLB

Yes, as i have said, you teach that to stay saved...(abide) ..you have to keep Jesus's commandments, or you teach that by not keeping them, YOU lose your salvation. (no longer abide).

Thats SELF SAVING, using commandments to try to STAY SAVED.
You should not teach that devout Legalism on a Christian forum, or anywhere else.

Now answer these... and stop dodging .

Who taught you this?

Who taught you this?

Who taught you this?

Yes, as i have said, you teach that to stay saved...(abide) ..you have to keep Jesus's commandments, or you teach that by not keeping them, YOU lose your salvation. (no longer abide).

Please provide the post number where I said “YOU lose your salvation”

Did I write 1 John 3:24 ?

I quoted scripture nothing more.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:3-4

• He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

As a born again Christian, we should encourage one another to do what the scriptures instruct us to do.

Why would any born again Christian discourage other Christians from obeying the Lord?

JLB

Please provide the post number where I said “YOU lose your salvation”

JLB

You are not going to admit that you believe you can lose your salvation?
Is it fear that is causing you to run from this reality?
what are you afraid of?

So here is the thing.
you require of me, total transparency and honestly, and i deliver this in thousands of words ive already writtten here, in Thread's and Posts.
I dont attempt to deceive, and i dont play games with Christians.
I respect my call and i perform it with integrity.
You, however, because you are not honestly willing to admit that you believe that you can lose your salvation, even tho ive asked you over 5 times in different posts..... want to continue to hide this, because that is your christianity and character, revealed.
Modding me, wont change that about you.
Believe it.
So, when you are ready to deal truthfully, let us know.

till then, here is a Thread that will be useful to you.

You are not going to admit that you believe you can lose your salvation?

I asked you to provide the post number where I used the phrase “lose your salvation”. You failed to do this.

Is it fear that is causing you to run from this reality?
what are you afraid of?

I fear the Lord and respect Him with a healthy respect, as well as love Him with all my heart, and desire to please Him by doing what He asks me to do.

I don’t have any problem believing and obey His word.

Disobedience is for the sons of disobedience; those who follow the devil.

Children of God love and obey Him.

So here is the thing.
you require of me, total transparency

Please provide the post number where I said I require total transparency?

I simply asked you to stop making up things I didn’t say, and I asked you to provide scripture for the things you teach.

You failed to do either one, and continue to ignore these simple requests. I would imagine you treat the Lord the same way.

and i deliver this in thousands of words ive already writtten here, in Thread's and Posts.
I dont attempt to deceive, and i dont play games with Christians.

It does matter how many words you write, if they are misrepresenting what people say, and they don’t provide scripture and they ignore what is so plainly written in the scriptures, they are of little or no integrity.

You, however, because you are not honestly willing to admit that you believe that you can lose your salvation,

I have asked you several times now to provide the post number where I used this phrase “lose your salvation”, and if not, then I ask you to please stop repeating what I never said.

till then, here is a Thread that will be useful to you.

I don’t need links from other websites. I asked you to please validate what you teach with scripture.

JLB

I asked you to provide the post number where I used the phrase “lose your salvation”. You failed to do this.

JLB

Go here, and stop dodging.
This is your 2nd day of doing this.
just answer the questions, and then we can proceed with your false accusations.
np
-

Who taught you this?

Who taught you this?

Who taught you this?

Back