Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How to "WALK IN THE SPIRIT"

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

Mitspa

There is only one true way to please God, for God is A Spirit, and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and Truth.

2Pe 2:2

And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Rom 12:21

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Gal 5:16

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Only by "walking in the Spirit", can we overcome the "flesh". I hope to lay out in a simple way the "true power" of the Gospel, unbroken fellowship with Our God in the Spirit!

Mitspa:angel3

Gal 3:2

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Gal 3:4

Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
Gal 3:5

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Step 1: By faith we must receive the Spirit, and reckon ourselves dead to the law, and all self-efforts to earn the things of God by our own religious works!

This seems to be the hardest part for most?

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Step 1: By faith we must receive the Spirit, and reckon ourselves dead to the law, and all self-efforts to earn the things of God by our own religious works!

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Here we see that man may think himself able to keep the commandments of the law, but we can only be deceived by this!
No man can tame his own sin, which abides in the flesh of us all!
We must turn to something greater!

For GREATER is HE within you!

Unless one accepts this truth, they cannot walk in the Spirit!

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Here we see that man may think himself able to keep the commandments of the law, but we can only be deceived by this!

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

We who are "in Christ", must see that we have entered into another Law, a greater Law!

"The law of sin and death" is the law of Moses, the Ten Commandments!
This is a Law that brings death upon every soul that sins,

Now Christ Jesus has made null and void that law, for all who enter into His Death. Thus we have baptism as the type of dying with Christ.
One can be baptised 1000 times, but it is of no value unless we truly accept His Death as our own!
Now having died with Christ, to the law of sin and death, we must receive the Law of Life, and walk in agreement with His Life!

His Word is Spirit and Life! we must now no longer see ourselves as who we are in the "flesh", but as who we are in the "Spirit"

2Co 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

By faith the righteous will find LIFE!

Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
1Co 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Yes it requires much prayer to walk in faith, and abide in the Spirit.

Ephesians 4:17So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.

20You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. 21Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

25Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26“In your anger do not sinâ€d: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27and do not give the devil a foothold. 28He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need.

29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

2 Corinthians 6:17Therefore come out from among them, and be you separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you 18And will be a Father unto you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

John 14:15If you love me, you will obey my commandments

John 14:21He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him 22.Judas said to him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?
23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24He that loves me not keeps not my sayings: and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 15:10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

2 Corinthians 6:17Therefore come out from among them, and be you separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you 18And will be a Father unto you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

John 14:15If you love me, you will obey my commandments

John 14:21He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him 22.Judas said to him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?
23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24He that loves me not keeps not my sayings: and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 15:10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
I think many walk in the spirit and have little understanding of when or how this happens? For instance when we read the Word of God, and believe the forgiveness and blessings we have In Christ, we have just brought our soul into agreement with the Spirit. Or when we get lost in worship and praise of our beloved Christ, we become united with Him in Spirit.
The sense of His peace and love , joy etc.. flow in and through us. We love others with ease, we find strength is ours when our heart is set upon Christ.

Now, this is walking in the Spirit, walking in agreement with Who Christ is, not who we are in flesh, but who we are to and "in Him", "in Spirit".

Jas 1:21

Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Jas 1:24

For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jas 1:25

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

The New testament is as a mirror, that shows us who we are in the spirit, the "new man" created in Christ and for His Glory. It sets us FREE from who we are in the "flesh"

Now when we walk in agreement with the Word of God, we are walking in the spirit.

2Co 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This is the "spiritual man"

Eph 4:24

And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Until a believer, born of the Spirit, begins to walk in agreement with who they are in spirit, they are babes in Christ.
Only by faith in the Word, can a believer draw from the well of life God has put within them.

A double minded man thinks himself to be two things? a sinner and a saint! one moment in the flesh the next in the spirit!

I think many walk in the spirit and have little understanding of when or how this happens? For instance when we read the Word of God, and believe the forgiveness and blessings we have In Christ, we have just brought our soul into agreement with the Spirit. Or when we get lost in worship and praise of our beloved Christ, we become united with Him in Spirit.
The sense of His peace and love , joy etc.. flow in and through us. We love others with ease, we find strength is ours when our heart is set upon Christ.

Now, this is walking in the Spirit, walking in agreement with Who Christ is, not who we are in flesh, but who we are to and "in Him", "in Spirit".

Jas 1:21

Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Jas 1:24

For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jas 1:25

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

The New testament is as a mirror, that shows us who we are in the spirit, the "new man" created in Christ and for His Glory. It sets us FREE from who we are in the "flesh"

Now when we walk in agreement with the Word of God, we are walking in the spirit.

2Co 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This is the "spiritual man"

Eph 4:24

And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Until a believer, born of the Spirit, begins to walk in agreement with who they are in spirit, they are babes in Christ.
Only by faith in the Word, can a believer draw from the well of life God has put within them.

A double minded man thinks himself to be two things? a sinner and a saint! one moment in the flesh the next in the spirit!

Rom 8:20

For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21

Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22

For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23

And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Rom 8:24

For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25

But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Why did Paul after telling us we are free from the "flesh" and the sin that dwells in the "flesh" give us these scriptures?
Because it takes some time for what is true in "spirit" to overcome that which is seen in the natural.

This is why "the just shall live by faith" we must take the Word and believe it above our own weaknesses. By faith we will draw out that living water within us.

Phm 1:6

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Rom 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The Lord has delivered us from the law of sin and death? This was a law just as gravity is a law, in the natural realm. The law of sin and death was a "spiritual law" The soul that sins must die!
When Christ Jesus overcame death and the grave, He became a new Lawgiver, He established greater law!

In order to walk in this New Law of Life we must come into agreement with the Spirit of God within us. We must believe the scriptures, we have died with Christ to the law of sin and death.

The Holy Spirit comes to show us this New Life, It is an eternal life! For He said "I came that you might have life and have it in abundance"

Now many have issues with letting go of the law of moses, because they think what will I look to, to keep me in line?
It is clear that only love can fulfill the law. We must now look to the Love of Christ for us, and love others as He loves us!

So for all intents and purpose, Christ Jesus has become our law? We have died with Him, We are raised with His Life. We are seated in Him. We are in Christ!

This is all true, according to Gods Word! The just shall live by faith! This is walking in the Spirit, believing and acting according to who we are "In Christ" not according to who we are in the flesh!

1Co 9:21

To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

There is only one true way to please God, for God is A Spirit, and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and Truth.

And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Only by "walking in the Spirit", can we overcome the "flesh". I hope to lay out in a simple way the "true power" of the Gospel, unbroken fellowship with Our God in the Spirit!

my web is down at home trying to see if i have access to site by my phone?

Col 2:6 As you have received Chist Jesus, so walk ye in Him.

We who have received His mercy, must continue in His Mercy. Because we have received Mercy, we faint not! Our attitude of heart should be the same everyday? I needed a Savior yesterday, today and tomorrow. Walking in the Spirit is walking in Grace! God gives grace to the humble, we should always be aware of our need for Him!

(John 8:36) For whom the Son has set free is free indeed!
We have liberty and life in the Spirit of God. Why do so few seem to enter into the fullness of our blessings in Christ?

Christ Jesus is the exspress image of God. He said if you have seen Me you have seen the Father!

So then we should look to Him, to know the nature and character of God the Father. God is a good God His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

We have only two commandments the Fathers command "This is My Beloved Son, hear Him!
Jesus commandment. " love one another as I have loved you"

Faith working by love is walking in the Spirit!

Isn't Truth a spirit?

When Christ said "I am the Truth, and the way, and the life" didn't he mean that Truth, in our mind, is the Holy Spirit we need to accept and act upon?

I mean, was Rev Marin Luther King "crucified" because he dared to announce the Truth about Civil Rights and collect a citizens' Action Group around himself?

Faith working by love is walking in the Spirit!

How can this be, that Christ merely repeats the two commandments that the Torah and all the prophets already preached?

How would that be a new covenant???
Christ said the sum of the Law (Torah) and all the prophets was to love god and love one another.

Since that was already the teaching, it seems reasonable to suggest that Christ brought us another word, that Truth must be accepted and acknowledged if we are going to change and really liove others.

Again, Rev Martin Luther King makes a point in this regard.
He taught us that before we can properly place our love for others, we must acknowledge the Truth about the present sitution, i,e. "Separate but Equal" was a lie.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back