Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How would an Orthodox or an Unorthodox Israeli define image bearing Christianity?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

precepts

The thought came to me recently, how would an Israeli define modern day, mainstream, televised, image bearing Christianity? Are they thinking christians are violating the laws of Moses by having images of their God, or doesn't it matter at all to them? Do they see any similarities between ancient Israel's image making and Christianity's?

Food for thought
KRS1
Keeper of Records and Seals

Well this is off topic but I saw a man who lives in Syria speaking about how we know nothing about what our government is doing, because they lie to us and have blocked the Syrian (and probably many others) tv broadcast signals. They are angry with us for not standing up to our government.

Anyway, back to topic..

I watched a film maker in Israel in a Jewish community, walking the streets, being very friendly, trying to find a Jew to ask a few questions about the conflict. Everyone he asked said no, until someone threw a water balloon at them and a crowd gathered and literally chased them away yelling things like "this isn't your land!" and "go on!"

The video is on YouTube, something about "persecution in Israel is for real" in the title.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Well this is off topic but I saw a man who lives in Syria speaking about how we know nothing about what our government is doing, because they lie to us and have blocked the Syrian (and probably many others) tv broadcast signals. They are angry with us for not standing up to our government.

Anyway, back to topic..

I watched a film maker in Israel in a Jewish community, walking the streets, being very friendly, trying to find a Jew to ask a few questions about the conflict. Everyone he asked said no, until someone threw a water balloon at them and a crowd gathered and literally chased them away yelling things like "this isn't your land!" and "go on!"

The video is on YouTube, something about "persecution in Israel is for real" in the title.

Are you a christian?

How would an Orthodox or an Unorthodox Israeli define image bearing Christianit

Anyway, back to topic..

Are you a christian?

Yes. And confused. Did I say something to make you think I might not be?

Re: How would an Orthodox or an Unorthodox Israeli define image bearing Christianit

Anyway, back to topic..

Are you a christian?

Yes. And confused. Did I say something to make you think I might not be?
Why would you think that?

The thought came to me recently, how would an Israeli define modern day, mainstream, televised, image bearing Christianity? Are they thinking christians are violating the laws of Moses by having images of their God, or doesn't it matter at all to them? Do they see any similarities between ancient Israel's image making and Christianity's?

Food for thought
KRS1
No offense but ....why should we care what they think?

Food for thought
KRS1

I say that they see as many similarities between ancient Israel's image making and Christianity's as do Christians see as many similarities between ancient Christianity's image making and Mormonism's.

Food for thought
KRS1
No offense but ....why should we care what they think?
I don't know why you should care, but I was just wondering. I've never heard an Israeli's opinion on the subject which I find very interesting, so I hope to get some insight and some honest opinions to broaden my understanding.

Food for thought
KRS1

I say that they see as many similarities between ancient Israel's image making and Christianity's as do Christians see as many similarities between ancient Christianity's image making and Mormonism's.
Are you an Israeli?

Are you an Israeli?

Naw, I was making a somewhat educated guess, but a guess nonetheless.

I found this dialogue kind of interesting:

[video=youtube;srY16Up4UNY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srY16Up4UNY[/video]

What I remember here, is that there are about 4 or 5 believers in Christ at the start of the video. Then, one of the Christians invites a Jewish friend into the conversation. The Jew seems kind of reluctant to talk, but he still adds quite a bit to the conversation.

The Christians seem cordial and understandably curious about Judaism.

one doesn't have to go ask an isreali. why not just ask an orthodox jew?

they considers Christians pagans. I have two jews tell me that.

jasoncran's quote:

What's the difference between an othodox jew and an israeli? Thanks for the info none the less.

Pagans in what way? When I think like an orthodoc israeli do, I think they see us as the nations that Israel destroyed when they left Egypt, as idolators, as decievers.

I really wonder what would make an Israeli accept christianity except for the truth/the word?

answer to that last line: the HOLY SPIRIT and conviction. arguments with jews of this nature are almost imho like dealing with a cultist.

No. I am jewish. I have this conversation about Christ with jews and family.

my dad talks about the torah when he wants too. I have been told why are you reading the torah or asking about it. Christians don't believe in moses. you aren't a jew!

What does that have to do with Israelis accetpting an image?

I forgot to add this point earlier. I blame christianity for any scriptural base cults that existed or exists today. if christianity had rightly divided the word, we wouldn't have cults.

uhm

well there are isreali jews
and isreali arabs
and isreali Christians

so which jewish sect are you going to address?
the reformed? the consertive
or the Chassidic,haredi,(both orthodox)
and the ultru orthodox.

I have talked to jews in America, and in isreal that are devout. all say the same if they are Chassidic.

im not isreali, isreali isn't what jews call themselves.

I met a jew that runs a blog. I asked her is she was Hebrew not isreali.might I suggest reading up on jewry. it would help.

I'm not trying to be offensive but isn't that the term used for citizens of modern day Israel? Since I didn't make it up, I thought there was a reason for the term.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back