Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I am seeking a born again husband

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Well jethro, if your single then I guess that disqualfies you then huh.:lol
How's that? I'm not following you.

I'm still married. This thread interests me because...well...desperation is a formula for disaster. I don't want to hurt or offend anybody, but the truth is desperation is the foundation of a demanding and controlling relationship. The desperate person will ultimately not tolerate their needs and wants to go unfulfilled in even the slightest ways...even in imagined or potential ways.

But anyway, I want to know what this telepathy belief is all about.

I recently told God, "It's up to you - if she's out there and she and I are right for one another, show her to me, Lord." Then, I walked away from it. That was last fall.

Just my two cents...
Well, your 'two cents' is worth a million dollars. I think you've given the best premarital advice there is.

Actually, I'm convinced your advice is the exact attitude of faith that God wants us in regard to all that we desire to have in life. Contrast that with the popular 'faith' teaching of today that says you aggressively lay hold of all your hopes and dreams for this life. That turns out to be more anti-faith than it does faith. Real faith asks, and trusts, and hopes, and keeps on doing that...but it finds peace and contentment where it's at in the meantime.

It's taken me a lot of guts to do this....so, please take it easy on me. As desperate as this may sound, I do have opportunities to date but not with men that put God first in their life.

I am so tired of searching high and low for a Christian husband. At church, they're either married, old or waay too young. Online, they are either empty dating sites, crazy or not truly Christian (after conversing for a while I reached that conclusion several times).

Here I am, in the name of love. For one last shot at finding Mr. Right....
It's very easy to find Mr. Wrong of course but I promised myself a long time ago that I would not be with an atheist. I want someone who has similar faith and interests. Someone outdoorsy, creative and healthy with a strong mind.
Distance is not so important as personality and OF COURSE lifestyle.

If you are seeking marriage or know someone who is, contact me to chat. Even if I look back at this post and laugh or cringe, I atleast gave 100% towards my search

Thanks for reading! LOL
is that your picture?

Fembot,

I met my wife on the internet and neither of us were trying lol! I was a few years out from a bad marriage and had dated a few women that just were not good for me. I finally resolved to stay single until I could figure out why I kept getting hooked up with these bad women.

So I made a list of qualities that I wouldn't compromise on that the next girlfriend would have to live up to or there was no way I'd pursue the relationship. After looking at the list I thought that I was going to be single the rest of my life. :lol It was a pretty tight list of qualities.

So I was on an AOL bulletin board reading a topic on divorce and it was the same old garbage reply after reply until I ran across a reply that made me say to myself, "This gal gets it". and she left her e-mail address so I wrote her.

She replied back not even remembering what she had posted. BTW, I was in LA and she was in Michigan. Again, I wasn't looking for a mate at the time and I was resolved to staying single.

The e-mails continued and as the months got longer our e-mails became more frequent until we started chatting in a private chat room (Yes we kept it clean). I moved from CA to WA and about a year later she came out to visit me for a week (No sex before marriage). A few months later I went to Mi for a week and the rest is history.

I might want to add that I was very angry with God at the time and didn't consider myself a Christian. It's amazing how a gentle reply can heal so many wounds.

This is wonderful. Glad you found your love. I admire people who find love on the Internet..for some reason I believe I will not find mine:)

Fembot,

I met my wife on the internet and neither of us were trying lol! I was a few years out from a bad marriage and had dated a few women that just were not good for me. I finally resolved to stay single until I could figure out why I kept getting hooked up with these bad women.

So I made a list of qualities that I wouldn't compromise on that the next girlfriend would have to live up to or there was no way I'd pursue the relationship. After looking at the list I thought that I was going to be single the rest of my life. :lol It was a pretty tight list of qualities.

So I was on an AOL bulletin board reading a topic on divorce and it was the same old garbage reply after reply until I ran across a reply that made me say to myself, "This gal gets it". and she left her e-mail address so I wrote her.

She replied back not even remembering what she had posted. BTW, I was in LA and she was in Michigan. Again, I wasn't looking for a mate at the time and I was resolved to staying single.

The e-mails continued and as the months got longer our e-mails became more frequent until we started chatting in a private chat room (Yes we kept it clean). I moved from CA to WA and about a year later she came out to visit me for a week (No sex before marriage). A few months later I went to Mi for a week and the rest is history.

I might want to add that I was very angry with God at the time and didn't consider myself a Christian. It's amazing how a gentle reply can heal so many wounds.

That's a great love story! How long have you two been together?

How's that? I'm not following you.

I'm still married. This thread interests me because...well...desperation is a formula for disaster. I don't want to hurt or offend anybody, but the truth is desperation is the foundation of a demanding and controlling relationship. The desperate person will ultimately not tolerate their needs and wants to go unfulfilled in even the slightest ways...even in imagined or potential ways.

But anyway, I want to know what this telepathy belief is all about.

Even while "not wanting to offend anyone" you come across as a negative person. This thread is not about questioning beliefs. However, I will reply to your insinuated questions about a believers ability to communicate telpathically (prayer) and create with our minds:

If we are created in God's image and He created with his thoughts; then what exactly do you think we are capable of doing?

If you have read the Bible then hou should know of the experiences believers have gone through and go through. These experiences include traveling into the first and second heaven, hell, speaking to Angels, having dreams. How can you not see us for the true beings we are?

My vague comment about our capabilities aren't saying we can do these amazing things without God, it is exemplifying what we can do WITH our faith in Him.

“Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. NOTHING will be impossible for you.†Matthew 17:20

That means walking on water, communicating telepathically, creating situations with our minds etc.

Now, those questions above are truly hypothetical. So, please don't answer.

Well, they say women always like a project. I''m Atheist so i'd be the ultimate project!:lol

Seriously, though, good luck! I hope your search goes well. :salute

Even while "not wanting to offend anyone" you come across as a negative person.
Not a negative person...negative on how many people are so woefully unequipped to accept the responsibilities of God's wonderful plan for marriage.

Unfulfilled desire is a part of every marriage. Few know how to deal with it and be happy in spite of it. So many think demanding one's rights in marriage is how you deal with it. And if you still don't find satisfaction...well, you know the rest.

This thread is not about questioning beliefs.
Sooner or later it would have to be. When beliefs are shared for the purpose of examining compatibility I don't see how those could be properly and fairly communicated and understood without some questions being asked about those beliefs.

No one should take all of a person's beliefs purely on the face value of those beliefs. And neither should you for that matter. A little explanation is important. Question and answer is how you do that. For example, I now understand that your beliefs are not the 'new age' fringe beliefs they appeared to be when you first shared them.

Well jethro, if your single then I guess that disqualfies you then huh.:lol
I don't know why this didn't sink in yesterday, lol.

Yes, you are right. If I were single I would be disqualified. I do not believe that we can go to the second heaven, or move mountains at will if we would just have the faith to do it. God gives the faith to do that if and when it fits his purposes, not ours. Our part is to believe it's possible and be ready to respond in faith when the invitation to the miraculous comes (think Peter on the water; think Elijah on the mountain...think about the day you were born again).

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a line I heard a long time ago.

Find your ministry. Run as hard as you can toward getting Christ in your life. That ministry may take you far away from where you are right now.

After awhile, look around. Those who are around you longterm are the people God has brought into your life, they're the people to consider why God has brought them.

I like this advice. Thanks for sharing that.

I don't know why this didn't sink in yesterday, lol.

Yes, you are right. If I were single I would be disqualified. I do not believe that we can go to the second heaven, or move mountains at will if we would just have the faith to do it. God gives the faith to do that if and when it fits his purposes, not ours. Our part is to believe it's possible and be ready to respond in faith when the invitation to the miraculous comes (think Peter on the water; think Elijah on the mountain...think about the day you were born again).

You need to read and learn the Bible. No one asked you what you believe. Let's not turn this into a debate about what you think, ok.

I personally think it is very very difficult in this day and age to find an enduring spiritual partner. Sooooooo many people (christians) have mental problems that are disguised; they have lusts and sins that are unrepented of that will show their sinful heads in the future. There are soooo many paedophiles. Soooo many drinkers and drug habits. A good man... who can find one? I think prayer and patience are the key to finding the diamonds in the ruff. I have made terrible mistakes not following this advice.

I personally think it is very very difficult in this day and age to find an enduring spiritual partner. Sooooooo many people (christians) have mental problems that are disguised; they have lusts and sins that are unrepented of that will show their sinful heads in the future. There are soooo many paedophiles. Soooo many drinkers and drug habits. A good man... who can find one? I think prayer and patience are the key to finding the diamonds in the ruff. I have made terrible mistakes not following this advice.

You have said a mouthful. All these people are in our community..but when it comes to the online search it is very scary. We don't know who is behind a computer.The Internet is the perfect environment for deception. Only God can give us the mate that we He may give you what you need and not necessarily what you WANT

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back