Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

I hope this Casey Anthony trial ends with manslaughter

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
L

Lehigh3

I'm here in Florida & the taxpayers can't help but watch the courtroom drama of Casey Anthony, who is a young mother accused of 1st degree murder of her daughter, Caylee, almost 3 yrs. old in 2008.

I have watched some & knew of the tragedy 3 yrs. ago. Tomorrow is closing arguments for both the prosecution & defense. I have been sickened by the the prosecutors in this case & the judges obvious prejudices in favor of the state too during this trial, which has been televised.

The state's "eye for an eye" I disagree with. I believe God is a God of 2nd chances. That is for those we have control over to give, legally & as far as justice is concerned. I do not believe this has ever been a capital murder case- as there is certainly not more than one person deceased & there is no proof of torture of any kind either.
I think Casey is guilty - whether she accidentally or negligently killed her daughter. But I do not believe she "premeditated" 3 months in advance, with a p.c. search of "chloroform" with intentions of murder. Chloroform is not a murder weapon & the "duct tape" the prosecution is trying to use as a secondary murder weapon- just doesn't add up at the actual recovery scene. People use "duct tape" to close bags too- not just to put over a toddler's mouth & nose. Duct tape was found clinging to the skull's hair some 6 months later. The tape could have drifted & clung to the hair. This doesn't prove that Casey taped over the girl'd mouth & nose. There were 3, 6-8 inch pieces of tape. As far as I know, the mouth & nose are only 2, not 3.
Also, no one "premeditates" a murder & disposes of the body 1/4 mile from their residence. This is another sign of last minute panic or some irrational or desperate thinking.
I think the manslaughter charge is justice enough for the poor child. Finding the mother guilty, & having her spend 7-10 yrs. in prison for manslaughter.
Besides, I feel sorry for the grandmother, Cindy too. I think after 3 or 4 yrs., she should get her daughter back.

I just wanted to say I don't understand why this has become such an obsession with the entire country. I understand more why Floridians would stay connected, but I don't get it having a regular spot on the national news and even my local news in Michigan. Her lack of motherly instinct is interesting, but let's admit it. With all the news magazine shows covering different cases all the time, we are in no shortage of bizarre murder stories.

Why this one? :shrug

I think Casey is guilty - whether she accidentally or negligently killed her daughter. But I do not believe she "premeditated" 3 months in advance, with a p.c. search of "chloroform" with intentions of murder.
I think she's guilty too . And accidental or not, I think she's got the sorriest excuse I've ever heard. "Your honor, I ACCIDENTLY killed the child that loved and trusted me with chloroform"

"As far as I'm concerned there ain't no excuse
For the raping and the killing and the child abuse
And I've got a way to put an end to all that mess
Just take them rascals out in the swamp
Put em on their knees and tie em to a stump
Let the rattlers and the bugs and the alligators do the rest"
Charlie Daniels--Simple Man

I'm sure no one will like my answer-but that's OK
Westtexas

i am sorry. while i havent watched that case. well mike knows what i stumbled upon a few months ago and that mother lost her kids.

but what of the infant that was in rigor that a neighbor and i tried to save? well gone before we could do anything. was it murder? or an accident i hope the later.

that being said, any mother who could cloroform her child so that she could party doesnt need to be a mother at all. she could have given that girl up for adoption and let some loving parents raise that child.

she deserves the chair that is premedatated.

The problem is (for her) that she is the mother of the child. As such she is held to a much higher standard of care than anyone else (even a father). This means that manslaughter (in any flavor of the charge) is simply not going to work. She actions were not accidental. She deliberately induced an unconscious state upon her daughter and she is liable for all the repercussions of that action. If she was not the mother and the victim was not a small child than we'd be looking at a rather vanilla manslaughter charge (and a good defense attorney could have her off on negligent homicide).

As a mother to a small child she is held to a different standard. Just as you are held to a higher standard if you are a mandated reporter in a child abuse case.

A manslaughter charge will not satisfy the law. Some degree of murder is really the only way to satisfy the law. And due to her actions (to my understanding) the death penalty is a viable punishment.

She premeditated the use of chloroform. She may not have thought that it would kill her but again she is responsible for all the results of her actions.

Well, now that I have listened to the closing argument of the defense atty Baez on the "chloroform" issue" I now have doubts about her using that even to knock the kid out to go party. I must have missed the prosecutions (or they didn't mention) part with the ex- boyfriend in March having put a whole article on his my space account about "chloroform." That is the reason Casey would have spent only the proven 3 times with searches about "chloroform."
The duct tape evidence has been shot down, as I was getting impatient about the obvious fact that a 4th piece was found many ft. away from the skull with the hair still on it. I know that ppl use duct tape to seal plastic bags too- so that secondary "murder weapon so she couldn't breathe" just didn't ring absolutely true to me.
Also, "chloroform" is used by youth to get high with- so I think Casey few minute searches about chloroform 3 months prior is not concrete proof of "premeditation"
And there is absolutely no other incident to suggest "child abuse."

This is a girl , who in my opinion, came from a dysfunctional family, with a father that she feared. She must have been all of 19 & unmarried when the child was born. She obviously was too young to be a parent.

Although the defense has a big hurdle of expecting the jury to believe that George the granddad was home on the day Caylee was last seen - & if the child drowned in the pool accidentally on that day- how he wouldn't have called the police.
George has been caught in a big lie about his affair with one of the searchers for his granddaughter. He clearly told his wife & testified that that woman had a brain tumor & was dying at the time of his comforting & thanking her at her apartment.
Yet, it turns out that the woman testifies to him mentioning something about Caylee's death being an accident that spun out of control. Here was the lady 3 yrs. later, alive & well.

I have to say, I don't know what day exactly the child died. It is possible that George wasn't home at the exact time either. The chloroform still is used to sedate. Who would not plan to dispose of a body "better" if they had time to?

I still think that Casey was the last person to see the child & her actions appear to be more of killing her daughter without much thought to consequences. That seems to be an afterthought- & an accident still would have been the excuse for any person that was innocent.

With that said, I think she won't get 1st degree murder- maybe not even 2nd degree murder- but guilty of manslaughter & lying to authorities.

She killed Caylee out of anger and selfishness. Does not matter what her parents did or didn't do. If her parents are at any fault then so are her grandparents etc etc...

Cold blooded murder. Bet a few, if Casey was the dad (Not the mom) and being accused 'he' would get zero, none, nothing in the way of manslaughter. It would be murder one all the way.

I dont believe George nor Cindy but they did not kill Caylee. Casey killed her.

I think she's guilty too . And accidental or not, I think she's got the sorriest excuse I've ever heard. "Your honor, I ACCIDENTLY killed the child that loved and trusted me with chloroform"

"As far as I'm concerned there ain't no excuse
For the raping and the killing and the child abuse
And I've got a way to put an end to all that mess
Just take them rascals out in the swamp
Put em on their knees and tie em to a stump
Let the rattlers and the bugs and the alligators do the rest"
Charlie Daniels--Simple Man

I'm sure no one will like my answer-but that's OK
Westtexas

:thumbsup

she deserves the chair that is premedatated.

:thumbsup

Florida doesn't have "the chair" btw. It's the needle.

And I've seen real cases that deserve the death penalty, but only got life.

The murder of 1 individual must also have aggravated abuse or torture to go along with it, even if it's a child, plus the premeditation factor. Information about chloroform 3 months earlier, with lack of quantitative proof of the chemical in her car trunk - isn't enough to prove either premeditation of the act the way the state says, nor even chloroform not being there in normal settings either, as they admitted it can be found in chlorine bleach or on a bathing suit that had been in chlorine.
She was nothing but a loving mother up to that day. No one could prove otherwise. She obviously needs a lot of mental health help.

I don't believe in "an eye for an eye" like some of you do! I hope there are some on that jury who believe the same.

We all saw the pictures of Casey playing with Caylee.

Casey had a great time playing with Caylee and Caylee did too. Playing with a kid long enough for pictures is easy... Toddlers are cute and attract others. Little kids talk tell on their folks... The world was not in the home to see who fixed the booboos, who wiped the snotty nose, who changed the stinky diapers, who walked the floor, who cleaned the milk and Cheerios from the high chair.

Watching the videos and seeing the photos of Caylee & Casey i saw myself and baby brother 16 years my junior playing.... (But way back then we didnt have videos)

The torture of Mommy putting you in the trunk of a car a few times a month so she could go play "grown-up' puts her death in the 'chair' category.

It is too bad they gave up ol Sparky

by reba,
The torture of Mommy putting you in the trunk of a car a few times a month so she could go play "grown-up' puts her death in the 'chair' category.

Wha? :shocked!
Even the prosecution didn't say she did that but this one time, to kill her or to dispose of her body.

Ugh, people are ridiculous!!!!!! The media blows everything out of proportion; basically getting inside stupid americans' minds convincing them she is guilty. Come on people........look at the evidence of this case. Deciding her fate on emotions only is plain sick. Yes, perhaps she is guilty of manslaughter. That gives the case "reasonable doubt" to acquit her or charge her with a lesser charge. This is a christain forum sight????? Well, I don't understand why so many people on this forum suggest the dealth penalty for Casey. Also, judging her based on "personal" emotions is wrong. I thought the lord does the judging and decides when it's her time to face death?????? You people reallllllly need to step back and realize the commandments you aren't fulfilling. This is EXACTLY why I do not attend church. It's full of hipoquites and people thinking if the attend church that will cancel out any wrong doing in their lives!!!!! :grumpy

Wow...

The O.J. case is no longer the staple for cases gone bad. Time for a civil suit... too bad that poor girl does have anyone to defend her in a civil suit.

I don't know what that "Nanny" intends to profit from.....Casey has no assets...And the parents Homeowners Insurance will reject the claim due to the criminal nature involved behind it!

NOT GUILTY doesn't mean innocent. Means the prosecution wasted the taxpayers $ with their top experts - but their arrogance reaped them what they sowed. They did not prove their murder case.

One yr. for the lying to police- EACH. She has spent 3 yrs. in jail so let's see if she'll still get one more year or have it as time served- when sentencing comes in a few days.

Yup, better than I expected for her. :thumbsup

We live in a time and land that says it is ok to kill the unborn so i guess killing a toddler is now Ok also...

The evidence is the dead child.

We live in a time and land that says it is ok to kill the unborn so i guess killing a toddler is now Ok also...

While life as a human being begins at about 20 weeks- there still is no comparison to a "human being" being killed at 2-3 yrs. old! No one is pro- murder, nor should be an eye for eye either!
When women are raped or know the child will be deformed or suffer a lifetime of physical/mental misery- I agree with the law's allowance of Pro-choice. No one should "have to" bring those genes into the world. And no one should purposely have a life suffer with such a condition all their life, imho either- Maybe they can afford to so they unlike 90% of other women, have the child.

Those that do not support the "baby" & won't have to ever- those are the ones who want the mother to suffer in her life. They don't have much regard for life it seems once one it is an adult!

Thank God for the law against such narrow mindedness. But for all - that is why the law allows for individual choice.

Yeah. I am very disappointed in Florida. I always admired Florida for their love of justice but this is a sad day indeed. Heck even CT would have fried that witch (Although us New Englanders do have a much better history with getting rid of witches... :biggrin ).

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back