Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I need to exercise my temple

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

MerciG777

2024 Supporter
I want to do with Gods assistance as well as guidance from the worldly experts. It is a blessing to have that option.

The problem is discipline I have been taunted with my past trauma, issyea attacks that I haven't got answers and may never.

Thank God I healed and come to a more peaceful, restful, calmer place but I still am in need God akways; this fixing my thoughts on Jesus, the Above, habitual sins, discipline.

I just need help mentally to get off I have started which helps alot

I want to do with Gods assistance as well as guidance from the worldly experts.

Hello again, Merci.

For starters, I wouldn't go to worldly experts. If you mean psychiatrists they are too prone to subscribing medications, and if you mean worldly exorcists they are usually too consumed with documenting people's conditions and getting proof of demonic presence than actually helping them. I'd stick with God's help.
The problem is discipline I have been taunted with my past trauma, issyea attacks that I haven't got answers and may never.

I can give you a short teaching on the New Testament approach to deliverance. It primarily involves two things:

1. Resisting the Devil, so that he flees from you, and
2. Drawing closer to God, so that He will draw closer to you.

The first passage is in Matthew 12, where Jesus taught:

43 “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. 44 Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. 45 Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

What He was teaching here was the importance of replacing the presence of a evil spirit with the Spirit of God within you, by giving yourself to the word, to prayer, and to worship. If the Spirit of God abides within you fully, your "house" or temple is no longer empty, and demons cannot simply return with others even more powerful and re-inhabit you. But if you seek deliverance without being prepared to make a lifestyle change that will bring you closer to God on a daily basis, your last state could be worse than your first.

The other is in James 4:5-10, where it is said:

5 Do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”? 6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

"Humbling oneself" with lamenting and mourning were phrases used in the Old Testament to describe fasting, such as in Psalms 69:

Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck. For zeal for your house has consumed me, and the reproaches of those who reproach you have fallen on me. When I wept and humbled my soul with fasting, it became my reproach…But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness. - Psalm 69

Thus, the meaning in James was that in order to resist the Devil in one's life, the believer needed to fast, to help resist the Devil and cause him to flee, while at the same time drawing near to God, so that one's temple not simply be left empty and wide open to infestation all over again.

So I would suggest you work on your lifestyle change first. That way, if you need actual deliverance, when the demon is cast out it will no longer be able to return.

I want to do with Gods assistance as well as guidance from the worldly experts. It is a blessing to have that option.

Thank God I healed and come to a more peaceful, restful, calmer place but I still am in need God akways; this fixing my thoughts on Jesus, the Above, habitual sins, discipline.

I just need help mentally to get off I have started which helps alot
For everlasting life, the first step is to learn about God and His requirements so that you can understand His desires for us. Jesus commissioned his disciples to educate others to observe all the things he commanded, and his disciples today still do that. If you would like to have your own personal Bible study, please feel free to message me and I would be glad to assist you with this. My name is Bob.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back