Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

I often wonder why

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
this old woman married a Catholic ... We are unequally yoked...
I do believe it is complicated for a non-Catholic Christian to marry a Catholic because their beliefs are different and how they would raise their children.

I guess it would be like people discussing Baptists or Lutherans or Methodists.What value does a "religion" have?Why not be a "Christian"?

I guess the Sons mission was to turn people back to the Father and break that seperation to the point there really was not much more God could do righteous than have his servant suffer in truth as he is perfect. Man cant handle the truth. Not like God would waste his time having a debate and raising his voice like we all do. Its like God cried out in spirit, as he his spirit, but everyone seems to knows better. It leads to the classic distructive saying all the way down history and in science. 'Unless i see i dont believe'.
Many people want "proof" and even that won't convince most people.

Yea well, what is proof. There is a difference between proof and evidence. I do find it very hypocritical where someone will tell me say a news story they watched on TV last night, or anything they have ever been told in there entire life from birth and then say, "I need proof to believe in God", yet believe and are convinced what someone has verbally told them is true.

I mean, yea im a hypocrite, im not perfect and know it all, i can admit it.
For one thing people have been trying to prove the authenticity of the Shroud of Turin.

My Grandma is Catholic, and I wouldn't mind going to mass with her. I love her very much.
I believe that there are saved and unsaved Catholics, like there is saved and unsaved in the (ALL OTHERS) church.

Last edited:
I was baptisted in the RCC when I was 18 or 19. I was looking for God. I didn't find Him there for some reason. I knew catholics who I am sure were/are saved.
I was baptized when I was a baby in the Catholic Church. My Dad was raised Catholic, but left for Non-Denom.

Coming from Boston, I've known many Catholics and Jews.
I found they have something in common.
They are loaded with traditions and know virtually nothing about what the Bible says.

If you think about it, Christ always said 'Follow me'. The first diciples fishing with there father 'Come, follow me'. To the rich man 'Sell everything you have then come, follow me. He never said to anyone 'Label me then go label youselfs and others'. A label is mans judgement IMO.
I don't agree. Well....at least that's not how I define Christian. Let me put it this way. Christian with a lower case "c" may possibly be a label but Christian with a capital "C" is a walk of life, a belief, a following. You defined what Christian is in your statement I quoted above. Christian is a follower of Christ.

Lutheran, Methodist, Catholic, Presbyterian, preterist, OSAS, Calvinist, etc. are labels.

And when was the NKJV re-written?. Once the word christian had already been way in use for a long time. And they were called Christians. Maybe other people or non believers labelled them Chrisitians. That was a name given to them from 'others'?
Acts 11:26 KJV 1611
26And when he had found him, he brought him vnto Antioch. And it came to passe, that a whole yeere they assembled themselues with the Church, and taught much people, and the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

What do they have in common?
My community was filled with both of them. I grew up with them and interacted with them all my young years as a christian.
I quickly found that most no one knew what the Scriptures said and only knew the traditions they grew up with.

My community was filled with both of them. I grew up with them and interacted with them all my young years as a christian.
I quickly found that most no one knew what the Scriptures said and only knew the traditions they grew up with.
Alight. Thanks.

This thread has been tip-toeing on the border of Catholic bashing. The OP asks why we don't get along, not what we think is wrong with Catholics. Let's remember to be respectful.

This thread has been tip-toeing on the border of Catholic bashing. The OP asks why we don't get along, not what we think is wrong with Catholics. Let's remember to be respectful.
Thanks for the reminder, but I think they are one and the same.

One reason is because the RCC teaches that they are the one true church. Others are offended by this position.
imo, we are both wrong.

My sister-in-law was raised RCC, my brother-in-law converted. I personally believe she is saved. My husband's brother, I'm not so sure. She walks a Christian walk and I love her. But every now and then she expresses her concern for the rest of us in family that are saved because we are not RCC. She doesn't see us as saved.
I never bring up the subject with her, none of us do. We know she loves us and her concern is so real that sometimes she is almost in tears. If she brings up different doctrine and you take out your Bible to show her the scripture why you believe that Jesus is the only mediator she gets upset.
Now I think the leaders of the RCC are getting better about not dividing the Body. They've realized that we a have a common threat in the world, not in each other and we need to unite under Christ, not denominations. But the idea hasn't reach all their members.
I think it is the same with Protestant denominations we all need to wake up.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back