Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I Want To Be Left Behind

Is there a scriptural basis for the teaching of a Rapture?

• Yes, of course there is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Sunday School teacher says there is.

• I believe the jury is still out on that question.

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
anychance you two can debate this without getting personal, I'm really trying to learn and understand about all this, but everytime I read a post where you slag the other one off - my heart doesn't want to trust anything of what you say.

Sorry, Dancing Queen.

I would not want to distract you. Please study the arguments presented, and decide which argument uses the best meaning, in your mind, of each scripture presented.

Coop

Let's see: That would make you about 120 years old! Congratulations!

For one thing, I didn't give you enough information for you to deduce how old I am, so your statement about me being 120 years old is derived solely by an injection of information that isn't there.

That is the same way you come up with some of the asinine conclusions you come up with from your Bible study.

Therefore, it makes little difference which translation one uses: they all mean the same thing: "said" is just not some kind of sign: it is speech; plain and simple. This is a classic example of bible "eisegesis:" imposing your meaning onto scripture. If indeed you are ordained, you should know better. Let's just draw the meaning of the author out of these verses. That is good bible exegesis.

If I was you, I wouldn't be casting about any accusations of eisegesis. I have already pointed out to you the similarity of your actions with that of a serpent or deceiving spirit. Only I wasn't casting personal insults when I said that. I actually meant that to be taken as a fact.

Dancing Queen has a very salient point. If you want to debate this with me; drop the personal disrespect. If you want to act like a child, I will treat you like one. But I will no longer do it in the public forum. From now on, if you have anything to say to me, PM me.

It is obvious that you have no interest in a serious debate of this topic. Your only interest here is to make people think you are something you only wish you really were. You have openly stated that you have no intention of considering any other thought than that you are right on this subject. Even if you are wrong, you wouldn't give it any serious thought. SO WHY AM I WASTING SOMEONE ELSE'S BANDWIDTH TO ARGUE WITH YOU!!??

There are plenty of people who are interested in learning. There are people who have more in their heart than to stir up trouble with someone who believes different to themselves.

I wish you a good life. And I hope someday you grow up. But I am through discussing this subject with you in public. If you want to talk to me beyond this point, do it in private.

It appears that when BenJasher gets real bible truth staring his ideas in the face, he gets mad. However, the record of our posts is here for the readers, and we will let them decide what these verses are really saying.

After all, what we all want is to know what the author, the Holy Spirit meant when he had these verses penned.

I trust the readers will study these scriptures, and decide for themselves what the Holy Spirit's real meaning is.

Coop

Vic C. said:
Ben, Ben... you have said you don't believe in Wrath, but you show us, per Zechariah 13:8-9, how God will bring His Chosen through His Wrath. (remember now, this is OT stuff; the ekklesia isn't even suggested in this passage - we are included here though; 1 Thessalonians 5:9)

I do agree that nowhere can it be found, where God promises us exemtpion from trials and tribulation of any kind or magnitude. Are we somehow more favorful in God's eyes than all those Christians who have been persecuted in the past?

Maybe one day we (as in whoever) can do a study from the OT on the Day of the Lord. 8-)

No need to explain why you don't believe in Wrath, since that will spark a debate which is not allowed here at this time.

Peace.

Vic,

I don't think I ever said I didn't believe in wrath. What I don't agree with is the negative connotation people place on that word. And that has nothing to do with Universalism, if that was what was not allowed.

Take a look another look at Zechariah 13. It doesn't mention wrath. It mentions a fountain being opened up for the cleansing of sin and impurity. That fountain will cleanse the land from idols and false prophets. The context here isn't that of a pouring out of His wrath, but an outpouring of His Holy Spirit. It isn't describing judgment, but mercy.

Indeed, we aren't exempt. And no we aren't favored any more highly than anyone from the past.

But in regards to Zechariah 13:8-9 where it says:
And I will bring the third part into the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried. They shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people; and they shall say, Jehovah is my God.
What do you think the Holy Spirit is all about? Did not John the Baptist say of Jesus:
I indeed baptize you in water... but he that cometh after me ... shall baptize you in the Holy Spirit and in fire

That fire wasn't supposed to just make a person feel all giggly and act foolish in the name of Jesus. It can do that at times, but that most certainly isn't what the fire is for. Fire is for cleansing and purification, consecration. It is the agent responsible for the process whereby a carnal, selfish, evil creature such as what we were when we came to Jesus is transformed into the image of Christ. And that is what were apprehended for when He dragged us into His Kingdom. It was so that we may bear His likeness, and reflect His image. But that transformation doesn't happen instantly, or painlessly. And we can't be trusted to take ourselves through the process on our own. So He baptizes us with fire that our old natures are purified, refined, and finally tried. In the end, if all goes well, we "shall not be hurt at all of the second death."

And the only reason we don't face the persecution the early church did is that we do not have signs following our word. They had such a miraculous confirmation of their word, that they came to be perceived as a threat to the security of the Roman Empire. They may well have been.

But we aren't a threat to anyone, for any reason. Noone worries about who we are or what we say. But that my friend is soon to change.

Vic,

I don't think I ever said I didn't believe in wrath. What I don't agree with is the negative connotation people place on that word. And that has nothing to do with Universalism, if that was what was not allowed.
Not here in public, but in a PM. No problem though; you don't need to believe in The Wrath of God for it to happen. LOL 8-)

lecoop said:
Snap!

I liked the unedited version!

Coop
Too bad, amigo. :lol: I prefer the edited version and would ask that we continue to approach each other without all the extra colorful figures of speech. 8-)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back