Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

If Heaven Didn't Exist

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

HeIsRisen2018

Dramione love 3333
Even though for the most part we all believe that it does,.. but if it didn't, would you want to live forever here on earth? The reason why I ask this question is because of the movie that I'm about to watch called Tuck Everlasting. My answer is a definite NO and this scene right here explains it. The world would become overpopulated and when my loved ones died I would still be stuck here. Thank God I do believe in Heaven though and that I will see all my dearly departed loved ones again someday. :) "What we Tucks have here you can't really call it living. We just are like rocks stuck at the side of a stream." -Angus Tuck

Even though for the most part we all believe that it does,.. but if it didn't, would you want to live forever here on earth?
There's no question about the existence of Heaven (God's Heaven). At the same time there will be a New Earth "wherein dwelleth righteousness". But the eternal home of the Church is the New Jerusalem, which will remain a heavenly body over the New Earth. Therefore Christians would only want to live in their eternal home.

There's no question about the existence of Heaven (God's Heaven). At the same time there will be a New Earth "wherein dwelleth righteousness". But the eternal home of the Church is the New Jerusalem, which will remain a heavenly body over the New Earth. Therefore Christians would only want to live in their eternal home.

Yes I know that but that's not what I meant.

It's a good question. Most people assume everyone would want to live forever, but it's not true. I wouldn't. I sometimes joke that I'm ready to go now. Part of that is because I'm in pain, but it's more than that. There has to be something beyond this existence. If not heaven, than something else, the next step.

It's a good question. Most people assume everyone would want to live forever, but it's not true. I wouldn't. I sometimes joke that I'm ready to go now. Part of that is because I'm in pain, but it's more than that. There has to be something beyond this existence. If not heaven, than something else, the next step.

I agree with most of that but why are you in pain?

Even though for the most part we all believe that it does,.. but if it didn't, would you want to live forever here on earth? The reason why I ask this question is because of the movie that I'm about to watch called Tuck Everlasting. My answer is a definite NO and this scene right here explains it. The world would become overpopulated and when my loved ones died I would still be stuck here. Thank God I do believe in Heaven though and that I will see all my dearly departed loved ones again someday. :)"What we Tucks have here you can't really call it living. We just are like rocks stuck at the side of a stream." -Angus Tuck

I was just thinking about this movie the other day but couldn't remember the name. Thanks for posting this.

In this body I have now and the pain I go through every day due to arthritis and messing up my back flipping my ATV I definitely would not want to live forever. Even if I was in perfect health I would not want to live in a world that is waxing worse everyday.

Plus none of us would be here and no creation, but only darkness.

Sorry, I can't quite agree with you on this one. If God didn't exist then the theory of evolution would be correct. However I just don't have that much faith to be an atheist. I believe that science and Christianity can coexist, but saying that everything in the universe came from nothing sounds like something a drunk person would say. :lol Sorry, I don't mean to offend our unbelievers on here but it really does sound ludicrous. :rolleyes

Not really. The Bible tells us that everything came from nothing.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the Word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (Heb 11:3)

God simply spoke the universe into existence.

Yeah but I meant that it sounds that way if you're talking about the existence of the universe without God.

Sorry, I can't quite agree with you on this one. If God didn't exist then the theory of evolution would be correct. However I just don't have that much faith to be an atheist. I believe that science and Christianity can coexist, but saying that everything in the universe came from nothing sounds like something a drunk person would say. :lol Sorry, I don't mean to offend our unbelievers on here but it really does sound ludicrous. :rolleyes

No Sister. That would not make the theory of evolution correct. The theory of evolution could not work, period. It has been absolutely blown out of the water scientifically in today's age. There is wayyy to much variation of species and within species for all that variation to come about.

In the farthest reaches of my imagination I can kind of see where mayyybe evolution could maybe come up with a single form and type of life, but not as many as is in our world! And especially the variations in mankind ourselves. Everyone is an absolute unique individual! There is none other than...April, like April. There is none other than Edward like Edward...

That's factual too.

No Sister. That would not make the theory of evolution correct. The theory of evolution could not work, period. It has been absolutely blown out of the water scientifically in today's age. There is wayyy to much variation of species and within species for all that variation to come about.

In the farthest reaches of my imagination I can kind of see where mayyybe evolution could maybe come up with a single form and type of life, but not as many as is in our world! And especially the variations in mankind ourselves. Everyone is an absolute unique individual! There is none other than...April, like April. There is none other than Edward like Edward...

That's factual too.

Although I agree it sounds completely insane (especially the fact that nobody else has our fingerprint as it is absolutely one hundred percent original) but if there was no God then who or what could have made the universe? Santa Claus?

Back