Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I'm BAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

handy

Howdy All! :wave2

Wow, so much time has gone by since I've last logged in, it's almost like being a new member! My darling little girl is almost grown up now and scheduled to graduate high school in a couple of weeks.
My strapping young son has finished his course work for his Freshman year and is enjoying an early start on summer vacation.
Sooo... I thought I'd log back into Christian Forums and work my way back into fellowship around here.
I've managed to keep up with a few folks via Facebook, but am hungering after the kind of conversation found here.

Steve and I are doing well, but we are going through the tough time of my father-in-law's failing health. He has cancer, but is not strong enough to undergo radiation. We just moved him from a care facility back to home. So far, my mil hasn't called in hospice; I think she's hoping that between visiting nurses and physical therapy, he might get strong enough to tackle the cancer, but it seems unlikely. There is never any easy way to get through a time like this....all we can do is just take peace and comfort that God is in control and trust to His guidance. Prayer is always welcomed and appreciated!

I could write a book on all the things have have kept me busy and made life interesting/aggravating/wonderful/wild this past year or so, but I'll spare y'all the fascinating details...lol...

Meanwhile, I'll be lurking around and just might opine on a topic or two! :wink

While you were gone we've all come into agreement that...

OSAS is a lie

The Nephilim were just plain ol' men

Tattoos are forbidden for the Christian

Smoking is forbidden for the Christian

Drinking is forbidden for the Christian

Wives are to be in full and complete submission to their husbands

It's not right to think your denomination is the one true denomination

It's okay to keep the Mosaic ceremonial laws as long as you don't do it to be justified

and, last but not least....

If Pizza asks you to smell your gas (or his), it's not what you think.

Hi handy,

I`m a newie but hope to see you around the topics. You did well to home school your children. I was a teacher so know what is involved.

Blessings, Marilyn.

While you were gone we've all come into agreement that...

OSAS is a lie

The Nephilim were just plain ol' men

Tattoos are forbidden for the Christian

Smoking is forbidden for the Christian

Drinking is forbidden for the Christian

Wives are to be in full and complete submission to their husbands

It's not right to think your denomination is the one true denomination

It's okay to keep the Mosaic ceremonial laws as long as you don't do it to be justified

and, last but not least....

If Pizza asks you to smell your gas (or his), it's not what you think.
Looks like I've come back just in time! Turn my back for just a year or so and look what y'all been up to!

lol..... This is why I've missed this place. Good to see you, Jethro!

I was gonna lurk...

Then I saw some weirdo with the
"I'm BAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!" message title and clicked to find
Waaa?!? It's our Handy.

And what is this? You're back? Really?
Well I would say that it's very good to see your back (especially after having seen your front, that is) but since you have absolutely no sense of humor whatsoever I'll just sigh and offer a prayer of thanks.

Good to see you, sis!

I was gonna lurk...

Then I saw some weirdo with the
"I'm BAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!" message title and clicked to find
Waaa?!? It's our Handy.

And what is this? You're back? Really?
Well I would say that it's very good to see your back (especially after having seen your front, that is) but since you have absolutely no sense of humor whatsoever I'll just sigh and offer a prayer of thanks.

Good to see you, sis!
It's good to be back, Spar! I've already dipped in the study on "No Sin in our Modern World" and have been edified!
I know my total lack of humor is a serious failing, I'll try to overcome.

Okay, maybe I understated. Did I say it's good to see you? Yes. It is.
Actually, I am blessed to tears to see you (my keyboard is almost wet). Answered prayer sponsors heartfull thanks.

Oh, I saw Mike here too. All my prayers are being answered.
Okay, back to lurking...

Handy...hi! Or, rather...welcome back! In the time you've been gone, I've turned CFnet into my blog...I'm takin' over! LOL. Not really.

I'm glad to see you again, and I hope you can stay this time. I'm terribly sorry about your fil...cancer seems to be a problem that so many individuals and families have to deal with. That said, I find your peace in the face of adversity and your faith inspiring.

Again...welcome back! :)

It's great to have you back dear sister handy. It appears that you are more than up for the challenges prevailing on these forums, and raising a family is the perfect equation of preparation for any obstacle put forth against you. I'll sure pray for your father-in-law's strength, and for wisdom and courage for your mother-in-law also.
God bless you in your return among us, :wave2

Back